PointSense Suite V2 - Make it mine

Guest gianton

Oh, I know how to add shortcuts, I just thought that was some sort of quick launcher widget or something.

Thanks for the help, and the icons.

Here's my setup so far...

pointui-1.png

Edited by Jumba

Guest doitall76
Try this worked for me

For time zone. In Home2>PointSense>cities you must edit timezone in .xml file coresponding with your country and city. For example for Bucharest timezone was -120 and the clock was with one hour back (14:00 and the phone clock was 15:00). I put -180 and now is ok.

I have absolutely no clue on how to edit this. All of the files open up in Opera for me. Is there anyway to type out a step by step, or copy and paste it. I couldn't find the reference in blueocean's post.

As well, I can't get the temperature to reflect Fahrenheit, on the weather that is incorporated in the digital clock, I have it in Fahrenheit on the weather applet. Any ideas?

Doitall76

Guest gianton
I have absolutely no clue on how to edit this. All of the files open up in Opera for me. Is there anyway to type out a step by step, or copy and paste it. I couldn't find the reference in blueocean's post.

As well, I can't get the temperature to reflect Fahrenheit, on the weather that is incorporated in the digital clock, I have it in Fahrenheit on the weather applet. Any ideas?

Doitall76

Rename the .xml file to .txt and open it with notepad, after you edit it rename it again in .xml.

To change temp reading in F tap and hold digital clock and then tap the settings button. Then you can change in Fahrenheit.

@Jumba

Nice setup m8, I see you're a Pho.nEx guy!

@Jumba

Nice setup m8, I see you're a Pho.nEx guy!

Cheers! Yeah, love p.h.o.n.e.x. So I'm thinking the clock layout could do with some tweaking - the numbers are a bit off centre and the big temperature number is too high up. :angry: I've taken a look through the folders but can't figure out which file contains the layout info - any idea?

Once I've tweaked it I'll post the file(s) for others here. I really like this interface, so it's worth fixing some of the rough edges. :D

Edit: Okay I found the file, just need to figure out the syntax.

Edited by Jumba

Guest gianton
Cheers! Yeah, love p.h.o.n.e.x. So I'm thinking the clock layout could do with some tweaking - the numbers are a bit off centre and the big temperature number is too high up. :angry: I've taken a look through the folders but can't figure out which file contains the layout info - any idea?

Once I've tweaked it I'll post the file(s) for others here. I really like this interface, so it's worth fixing some of the rough edges. :D

Did you try PointSenseClockWidgets.cs it's located in ProgramFiles\Home2\Common.

Also in Big Digital clock there should be a space after the Day i.e. it's Sun,23-Aug it should be Sun, 23-Aug

Success! I think it looks better now.

pointui-3.png

What you need to do is replace the file \Program Files\Home2\common\pointsenseclockwidgets.cs with the one in the attached zip, then restart PointUI. :D

Edit: Fixed the date to display, eg. Sat 22 Aug. Please re-download.

Also, my weather is now refusing to update. It looks like it's thinking for about a second then nothing. Even if I manually activate the data connection it's just not working. :angry:

pointsenseclockwidgets.cs2.zip

Edited by Jumba

Guest gianton
Success! I think it looks better now.

pointui-2.png

What you need to do is replace the file \Program Files\Home2\common\pointsenseclockwidgets.cs with the one in the attached zip, then restart PointUI. :D

Edit: I'll look into fixing the date. I also don't like the "-" in there.

Thanks, reg the date I think it's better to make it look like the original Hero.

post-479752-1251018701_thumb.png

post-479752-1251018727_thumb.png

Guest gianton
As you wish. :D

Hey Jumba, thanks!

But I think you should re-make your changes for Clock and Date in the attached file provided by blueocean that fixes this bug:

- [Solve]Temp values position bug in default Clock. Download PoitSenseClockWidgets.zip and extract to ProgramFiles\Home2\Common. Restart Home 2

post-479752-1251020381_thumb.png

PointSenseClockWidgets.zip

Edited by gianton

Hey Jumba, thanks!

But I think you should re-make your changes for Clock and Date in the attached file provided by blueocean that fixes this bug:

- [Solve]Temp values position bug in default Clock. Download PoitSenseClockWidgets.zip and extract to ProgramFiles\Home2\Common. Restart Home 2

Hi, this file didn't fix the temp position for me. Replaced it as per instructions but no luck. I also took a look at the code and it looks unchanged. Have you tried it? I'm thinking it fixes the issue with the temperatures being pushed off to the right by the weather icon, not the "slightly too high" position problem.

Edit: Just thinking, the clock fix I posted is only really good if you're using a 24-hour format, since it aligns the hour numbers nicely when there's a 2 in front (e.g. 23:00), but it looks slightly off to the right when there's a 1 in front (e.g. 13:00). Not sure which way I prefer. :D Maybe there's a way of dynamically repositioning the numbers, something like (if h > 19 then x = x + 3).

Edited by Jumba

Guest gianton
Hi, this file didn't fix the temp position for me. Replaced it as per instructions but no luck. I also took a look at the code and it looks unchanged. Have you tried it?

Edit: Just thinking, the clock fix I posted is only really good if you're using a 24-hour format, since it aligns the hour numbers nicely when there's a 2 in front (e.g. 23:00), but it looks slightly off to the right when there's a 1 in front (e.g. 13:00). Not sure which way I prefer. :D

Actually it does changes the temp position... happens only in Cloudy

You're right clock positioning looks good only in 24h format. So please could you edit only the date in blueocean's fixed one?

Left is yours v3 right is blueocean's fixed

post-479752-1251022264_thumb.png

post-479752-1251022281_thumb.png

Guest a.s.t.e.k.

I apologize for saying that it's laggy earlier in this topic. I downloaded the first version for qvga that was released, where big digital clock wasn't showing. I tried to add this clock again and again and apparently it was added but not visible, and that was reason for lag. Now fixed and working great. :D Is there a way to integrate Vito SMS-Chat so it opens when selecting sms instead of default winmo inbox? I've been googling it but no luck.

Edited by a.s.t.e.k.

Actually it does changes the temp position... happens only in Cloudy

You're right clock positioning looks good only in 24h format. So please could you edit only the date in blueocean's fixed one?

Left is yours v3 right is blueocean's fixed

Okay, try this...

pointui-4.pngpointui-5.png

I replaced the following code in the .cs:

if (hs.GetLength() == 1)

{

x = ((w2 - imgHour2.GetWidth()) / 2);

imgHour1.SetVisible(false);

imgHour2.SetBounds(x, y);

}

else

{

x = ((w2 - (imgHour1.GetWidth() + imgHour2.GetWidth())) / 2) + 3;

imgHour1.SetVisible(true);

imgHour1.SetBounds(x, y);

x += imgHour1.GetWidth();

}
with
		if (hs.GetLength() == 1)

{

x = (w2 - imgHour2.GetWidth()) / 2;

}

else if (hs.GetLength() == 2)

{ if (h > 19)

{  x = (w2 - (imgHour1.GetWidth() + imgHour2.GetWidth())) / 2;

imgHour1.SetBounds(x + 3, y);

imgHour2.SetBounds(x + 3, y);

}

else if (h <= 19)

}

}

This way it only moves the hour numbers to the right if the hour is greater than 19. :D I used blueocean's fixed .cs as the base. Enjoy.

Changes are:

Widened the City text area to allow for longer city names without wrapping.

Added a space to the date text.

Lowered the current temp by 3 pixels.

Fixed alignment of the hour numbers.

PointSenseClockWidgets.cs4.zip

Edited by Jumba

Guest gianton
Okay, try this...

pointui-4.pngpointui-5.png

I replaced the following code in the .cs:

if (hs.GetLength() == 1)

{

x = ((w2 - imgHour2.GetWidth()) / 2);

}

else

{

x = ((w2 - (imgHour1.GetWidth() + imgHour2.GetWidth())) / 2) + 3;

}
with
		if (hs.GetLength() == 1)

{

x = (w2 - imgHour2.GetWidth()) / 2;

}

else if (hs.GetLength() == 2)

{ if (h > 19)

imgHour1.SetBounds(x + 3, y);

imgHour2.SetBounds(x + 3, y);

}

else if (h <= 19)

}

}

This way it only moves the hour numbers to the right if the hour is greater than 19. :D I used blueocean's fixed .cs as the base. Enjoy.

Changes are:

Widened the City text area to allow for longer city names without wrapping.

Added a space to the date text.

Lowered the current temp by 3 pixels.

Fixed alignment of the hour numbers.

Great job, thanks m8! :angry:

Now it's looking just right.

EDIT: You should post this over at Pointui Forum.

post-479752-1251028700_thumb.png

post-479752-1251028750_thumb.png

post-479752-1251028759_thumb.png

Edited by gianton

Great job, thanks m8! :D

Now it's looking just right.

EDIT: You should post this over at Pointui Forum.

Thanks man, check the new version...

I centered the single digit hour number by moving it over 2 pix to the right.

I fixed the minutes so that the numbers 10 to 19 are centered.

Much nicer now.

PointSenseClockWidgets.cs.zip

Guest gianton
Thanks man, check the new version...

I centered the single digit hour number by moving it over 2 pix to the right.

I fixed the minutes so that the numbers 10 to 19 are centered.

Much nicer now.

Thanks again man, good job.

Edited by gianton

Guest gianton
Is it possible for a shortcut widget to be able to access PointUI specific screens, like the contacts?

Not yet... will be available in next builds.

Guest dimera

Hi Gianton,

Can you please repost how the icon of HTC taskmanager in the taskbar be visible while using PointUi. You have posted this here but I can not find the post.

Secondly - can the shortcut to which lead the center button of the PointUi be changed. Now it lead to a screen with community, gear, documents and so on.

Thank you in advance.

Guest gianton
Hi Gianton,

Can you please repost how the icon of HTC taskmanager in the taskbar be visible while using PointUi. You have posted this here but I can not find the post.

Secondly - can the shortcut to which lead the center button of the PointUi be changed. Now it lead to a screen with community, gear, documents and so on.

Thank you in advance.

I use Showcase with Pointui, HTC Task Manager doesn't work.

For the 2nd, you have to copy the .xml file you want i.e. from \Program Files\FavouriteApplications\Favourite.Applications.xml rename it to Quick.Launch.xml and replace it to \Program Files\QuickLaunch\.

Edited by gianton