PointSense Suite V2 - Make it mine

Guest gianton

Guest semmtexx

Whoa whoa wait a sec...he made a rom from the omnia 2? are all the skinned apps ported as well? I thought this hadn't been done yet...

edit: also, Gianton, I have pointui installed to device memory. Can I just move with resco explorer the home folder over to my storage and everything should work fine? Thanks.

Edited by semmtexx

Whoa whoa wait a sec...he made a rom from the omnia 2? are all the skinned apps ported as well? I thought this hadn't been done yet...

edit: also, Gianton, I have pointui installed to device memory. Can I just move with resco explorer the home folder over to my storage and everything should work fine? Thanks.

No just the core is from OMNIA 2 eg 21001.

Yes you can move it with Resco Explorer, actually that's what I did. But some users said it's better to move it with SK Tools.

I strongly believe that with a light stable ROM PoinSense will run stable and fast. Try them all and see what's best. :)

i've got a few more questions :)

1. could someone please share this wallpaper in the links first post (the colorful one ^^)

http://community.pointui.com/topic/applet-...k-easy-custom-1

2. is there any calendar app working fine on the omnia? i need one showing my next appointments (3+ appointments) no matter what day they are

3. how do i change the shortcut icons?

4. last not least: my phone shows the right time everywhere (s2u2, explorer, etc) but on my pointsense home screen it always is one hour back. (sorry i don't know how to explain it understandable)

maybe an example helps: S2U2 shows 3:00PM (and so does any other clock on my phone) but on my PS homescreen it shows 2:00PM

how do i change that? :)

thanks for help and patience in advance :)

Guest semmtexx

Gianton: I just flashed to HartV's latest 23047 rom. It is a very lite rom. 130 mgs storage left after fresh flash. Now keep in mind I was using his rom that he made just before this one that was 23409 when i was having the freezups. I have been running the suite newest version for a couple hrs now and now issues so far. it is on device memory. If i start to have issues i will try moving the folder to my storage. If i move it to my storage, will enabling the plugin still work? Or should I run the exe.? Thanks for your help man!

i've got a few more questions :)

1. could someone please share this wallpaper in the links first post (the colorful one ^^)

http://community.pointui.com/topic/applet-...k-easy-custom-1

2. is there any calendar app working fine on the omnia? i need one showing my next appointments (3+ appointments) no matter what day they are

3. how do i change the shortcut icons?

4. last not least: my phone shows the right time everywhere (s2u2, explorer, etc) but on my pointsense home screen it always is one hour back. (sorry i don't know how to explain it understandable)

maybe an example helps: S2U2 shows 3:00PM (and so does any other clock on my phone) but on my PS homescreen it shows 2:00PM

how do i change that? :)

thanks for help and patience in advance :)

1. Here are a couple of the awesome bokeh wallpaper by Kol.

2. I am using Thumbcal which has the agenda view.

3. Tap n hold an icon, then tap on the green square, select the folder you have your custom icons and then select your custom icon. Find attached some icons.

4. Tap n hold your clock, then enable DST.

post-479752-1252941254_thumb.png

post-479752-1252941295_thumb.png

hero_icons_POINTUI.zip

iphone_48x48PSQVAIcons.zip

Edited by gianton

thank you sooo very much!!!!

you're my official sensegod :)

i already have thumbcal and it's fine, but i'm searching for kind of an app vor PointSense. so i can see more than one of my apptms on the home screen.

hope you understand what i mean and also that you don't get bored of me xD

thank you sooo very much!!!!

you're my official sensegod :)

i already have thumbcal and it's fine, but i'm searching for kind of an app vor PointSense. so i can see more than one of my apptms on the home screen.

hope you understand what i mean and also that you don't get bored of me xD

NorrinRadd @ Pointui Community is working on an agenda for his productivity suite, so we have to wait till he releases it. :)

Guest semmtexx

Hey Gianton, how much "Program" memory do you have total: in use: and Free: when you are running pointsense?

with pointsense running and nothing else mine looks like this,

total:93.10

in use:56.77

Free:36.33

I see it drop to about free: 22.27 sometimes. That is usually when it dumps and I have to reset twice to get it back up and running.

Edited by semmtexx

Guest chris1712

I'm interested in giving this a spin, and have a few questions......

1. Is the Pro version much different? I'm not a fan of paying for software!

2. Does it have any replacement/coverage of contacts and messages ala M2D/MS3. I've been using MS3 for a long time and its great, but the style of this pointsense is really tempting me. Why is there no UI with a messaging revamp, its probably the worst part of WM!

3. Whats the easiest way to get up and running with this. I intend to flash to a new rom at the same time, is it literally flash rom>install pointUI>install POintSense UI? Does it have WQVGA support out of the box, or am I better off using giantons home folder poster above after pointui installation?

Cheers for any help guys!

Guest eufouria

Is it normal for landscape use to hide all your portrait icons below the edge of the screen?

Tried adding new icons in landscape but they ended up in the next page over when reverting back to portrait.

Hey Gianton, how much "Program" memory do you have total: in use: and Free: when you are running pointsense?

with pointsense running and nothing else mine looks like this,

total:93.10

in use:56.77

Free:36.33

I see it drop to about free: 22.27 sometimes. That is usually when it dumps and I have to reset twice to get it back up and running.

After 24h I have this (flashed back to 21851, more stable)

post-479752-1252991654_thumb.png

I'm just starting to discover PointUI a little bit... looks good and has lots of potential, but sadly doesn't really reduce the time it takes to customize the device. :)

Anyway, I'm not sure if I installed SenseUI properly. Is this what it's supposed to look like right after you install it? Where's the bokeh wallpaper and the customized title bar I see in the screenshots?

Also, any way to add a signal and/or battery meter to this since it covers the PointUI defaults?

post-427050-1253413795_thumb.png

I'm just starting to discover PointUI a little bit... looks good and has lots of potential, but sadly doesn't really reduce the time it takes to customize the device. :)

Anyway, I'm not sure if I installed SenseUI properly. Is this what it's supposed to look like right after you install it? Where's the bokeh wallpaper and the customized title bar I see in the screenshots?

Also, any way to add a signal and/or battery meter to this since it covers the PointUI defaults?

At this point clicking on the + will allow you to remove the default PointUI applets and add the PointSenseScreens. Holding the + will then give you various options, one of which is enabling the top bar that you're looking for. Pressing the ^ will allow you to choose the customize screen where you can make PointUI fullscreen (gets rid of the WM taskbar) and change your background.

At this point clicking on the + will allow you to remove the default PointUI applets and add the PointSenseScreens. Holding the + will then give you various options, one of which is enabling the top bar that you're looking for. Pressing the ^ will allow you to choose the customize screen where you can make PointUI fullscreen (gets rid of the WM taskbar) and change your background.

I knew how to add applets and stuff, I just thought it was supposed to look like the screen shots by default right after installing SenseUI. I just couldn't figure out how to enable the custom title bar and now that's done, so thanks!

Guest vince1970
Put the folder attached in your storage and run home2.exe. It's my current folder 100% fast and stable! :)

Hi Gianton

I have M2D installed on "Khuanchai's UL_M2D_23016-21928_PP6 ROM. What I need to know is can i have both PointSense and M2D installed or I need to remove M2D before installing PointSense. At the moment, I do get the autokill on M2D and if I installed PointSense, it will make it worst ? I like both M2D and PointSense.

Guest grumbly_bum

Click the left soft button (arrow), and click "customize". This will open up the settings for Home2, where you can change the theme to PointSense. If you want the top title bar, you need to enable full screen which is also found in the customize section. Then go back to the main screen, and hold down the right soft button (the plus). This opens up the pointsense options, where you can enable the top title bar.

If it still doesn't show up properly, disable home2 from your today screen, recopy the files, and then re-enable home2.

Click the left soft button (arrow), and click "customize". This will open up the settings for Home2, where you can change the theme to PointSense. If you want the top title bar, you need to enable full screen which is also found in the customize section. Then go back to the main screen, and hold down the right soft button (the plus). This opens up the pointsense options, where you can enable the top title bar.

If it still doesn't show up properly, disable home2 from your today screen, recopy the files, and then re-enable home2.

Thanks, but someone else already helped me out above. :)

I decicided to abandon PointUI anyway and go back to (Neo) Titanium. PointUI w/SenseUI is the best WM shell do-over I've ever seen, but honestly I just can't be arsed to spend hours customizing it when I've spent hours customizing Titanium to my liking.

Guest disciplined

Been trying out Pointsense (have used SPB MS3, M2d, Titanium in the past) and I don't know if it will have staying power because of a few annoyances. Maybe you guys can help me out so I can stick with it.

(i910 user on Bgill CF03 Roms)

1. When I hit the end call button accidentally, pointui crashes. I end up on the old blank today screen and pointui wont start back up unless i soft reset. This is very annoying as I will often use the end call hard button to ok/close programs. Is the something like spbwatcher for pointui?

2. The top most indicators bar isn't clickable. I cant tap on the battery or bluetooth or clock or anything. Plus the indicators don't update quickly.

3. I can't get a large weather/clock on top of the page and my next 5 appointments below it. I can only use the widget that gives me only one appointment at a time or have the separate appointments page (which is very lacking in detail). Is there any widget that will let me see multiple appointments on the home screen?

4. When I go into the program menus and select a program, the menu doesn't close. So when I'm done with the app and close it I get back to the menu again but this time the back button is gone so I'm stuck and can't go back to the home screen! I have to soft reset!! :\

5. When I get a notification the center bottom bar turns into a ! , but when I hit it all I get is the sound/vibration of the notification but it wont show me the notification.

These are pretty major annoyances. Can anyone help? I would love to keep using this.

Thanks everyone!

Edited by disciplined

Guest kennethchia
After 24h I have this (flashed back to 21851, more stable)

hi gianton :D khuanchai Build rom UL_21851 UL_23409 which is better,stable

sorry my bad english :)

now i'm using khuanchai 23016/21928_M2D_UL

Edited by kennethchia

Does PointSense work with the free version of PointUI? As said above over here, not fan of paying for software ..

Yes, works fine, it just nags you to buy a license everytime you restart PointUI.

Ok, so I have pointsense ui lite...you know, cuz i didn't purchase the pro version.

Anyhow, I have it running, but whenever I get notifications (ie. email), I only get the vibration and popup when the phone is "on/awake." If I hit the power button on the top of the phone itself to induce standby, I would never get the notification until I powered the phone back on into "awake" mode. Is anyone else having this problem.

I also tried going into quick launch and the "PLUS" deep menu for the notification controls, but nothing seems to work there.

Guest RodmanPT @ OMNIA

Hi everyone, I am using SPB Mobile Shell 3 on my Omnia, but I am starting to get a bit bored with it, so I have downloaded Home2, and the (supposed) fully functional directory that a member previously posted here, but I am having some problems, that aren't letting me change from SPB3 to PointSense.

My weather applet disappears, I click it, and it closes... and if I click the big clock with the weather info, sometimes it works, sometimes it says that it can't find the application ... if you guys can help me solve this little problems, than I would definitly say goodbye to SPB3 and a big hello to PSense.

Tkx.

• 2 months later...

I wonder if i am only one that cannot install this.I have spent all weekend getting yelled at by my wife because i am not spending time with my 4yr old daughter. getting tied up in this mess .Why can't we get a cab to install this.I am about to just give up and pay for a new phone. I can't believe i am typing this.I am tired i guess.I really don't know what to do.Sorry for the rant.

• 2 months later...
Guest slovenec88

Did anyone noticed that when the temperature should be -9 it just says 9. On all widgets. I am running latest PointUI and PointSense Suite V2. Anyone know how to fix it? The wrong number is just the biggest number (current temp.), all the others are fine. Thanks for help!