Hero on Orange, Contract Deals

Guest scoobytwo

Guest scoobytwo

well........... because i couldn't wait i had to pay £50 for the handset discounted down from £97.50. The woman said if i waited 2 months then they'd probably be able to do it for nothing.

But i'm currently paying £40 p/m (panther 45), and i'm going down to Dolphin 25 + internet for £25 p/m. so not too bad.

The only way i'd have got the handset for free would have been to continue my £40 p/m contract. Anything less and it would still have cost me £50 for the phone.

Also got a N95 8GB to sell so i should get just over £100 for it.

The hero arrives on wednesday. :D

Guest El Matarife

I couldn't get a good enough deal out of Orange, even though I'd been a customer ever since I got my first mobile phone. The best they offered me was £40 per month to get the phone for free, with unlimted Internet and unlimited Sat-Nav - but on a 24 month contract.

T-Mobile's was better, £35 per month to get phone for free, with unlimited Internet and only an 18 month contract. Plus the matt black of T-Mo's 'G2' variant of the Hero looks really good - kinda "stealth"! Also I believe T-Mo offer 3GB fairuse for 'unlimited' Internet while Orange have 500MB?

The T-Mo tariff plans seem much simpler - I may be dumb but I always found Orange's animal tariffs confusing. The G2/Hero is one hell of a device though, whatever the network. I've not been so excited about having a new phone for ages. It's the coolest I've ever had.

Guest Lordsmiff

My wife got a hero on friday - £25\month on vodafone with internet and the phone was free on a 2-year contract...i'm soooo jealous :D

She did well to find that deal it would seem :angry: