This is how smooth the Hero SHOULD be...

Guest PaulOBrien

That looks great, I can't wait for it to be released.

The speed really has been getting on my nerves, but I knew they'd release a fix for it at some point. So it's worth just hanging on to the phone to see what it's like after the update.

One thing that is happening on my Hero (on T-Mobile) is that it will disconnect from the network in certain areas, which is understandable as you can't get reception everywhere, but it doesn't try to reconnect. It just stays disconnected and says sim can be used for emergency calls only. I have to turn it off and on again. T-Mobile told me to turn "use only 2g networks" which made it work a bit better, but what's the point in that when I have a 3g phone?

Is anybody else having this problem?

Edited by keveh

Guest neilmw
Agree with this. I don't want to send my Hero back and be forced to get 3GS, but have a few issues.

- Video playback is currently dreadful, esp compared to the iPhone.

- Remembered WiFi locations do not auto connect and I have to re-enter password keys both at home and work

- Peep is poop - esp for listing all @replies on Twitter

I've high hopes for this coming update - love the Hero but has its significant faults

Is the video playback worse on the Hero than on the G1? The G1 is pretty poor unless it's x264 encoded video.

Neil