LG Incite Task Manager, Clock & Weather App

Guest amitsharma.atc

Guest amitsharma.atc
I'll try release the weather app tonight, but settings might not work. Can someone find me a screenshot of the settings page of the weather app. it might help.

Thanks

well i'll try

can this one help

post-509919-1251399150_thumb.jpg

Edited by amitsharma.atc

As for the keyboard, It is exactly the same as the omnia keyboard. LG have just changed some skins.
Yes. I have also posted the same remark. A different skin and some options were moved into different section. Else the two apps are the same.

Guest amitsharma.atc
Weather app has been extracted. it load up but i dont have a data connection to test it. Also the settings menu doesnt load, so I will upload after i try fix that.

hey vishal try to extract Clock Style & Weather... i think this app has weather settings... here we can find weather settings under weather tab... as screen shot says

see this

post-509919-1251402083_thumb.jpg post-509919-1251402100_thumb.jpg post-509919-1251403788_thumb.jpg

Edited by amitsharma.atc

Guest vishalm
well i'll try

can this one help

post-509919-1251399150_thumb.jpg

It does indeed. Have you got a picture of the other 2 tabs on the same settings page?

from the image the settings just seems to be a control panel applet, which should be dead easy to port over.

Yes. I have also posted the same remark. A different skin and some options were moved into different section. Else the two apps are the same.

Yep, both keyboards are Tegic XT9 keyboards. it seems to be flexible package and hence samsung and lg, possibly others have used it. The current problem with the keyboard is that because it is the same software the lg kb will over write the samsung one. so you will loose it. It looks like LG only have 2 keyboard though, in landscape it is the qwerty and in portrait it is the keypad. So to start off with I might just replace those, but it will probably kill the samsung keyboard. neway i'll see what i can do, need to go have dinner so i will start working on it after.

expect the weather app by the end of the day :D

Guest vishalm

Thank you for the screenshot.

Here is the weather app. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4ACBE858

The settings button works.

Please test as i have no data connection.

As for the keyboard, i just want to know how many would be intrested as personally im not a fan, but if there are a few who want it i'll be more then happy to try.

Also is there any more apps in there that anyone would like?

amit could you get me a screenshot of the items tab of the today settings page. I'll try and port over the whole clock app as its part of the weather app.

cheers

Edited by vishalm

Guest krisdaff

I would love the keyboard ported. It's almost the same as the original Omnia keyboard except for the easier way to input symbols like ? and !. You don't have to switch to a different tab to do that, something the Omnia keyboard forces you to do.

Guest vishalm
I would love the keyboard ported. It's almost the same as the original Omnia keyboard except for the easier way to input symbols like ? and !. You don't have to switch to a different tab to do that, something the Omnia keyboard forces you to do.

thanks for letting me know. BTW if the only feature you want is the symbols on the same page, you should try fingerkeyboard. just search for it. its a very good keyboard.

Ok I've found the files for the clock aswell and have repacked it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=33J1VDMA

You are able to pick a region but i'm not sure if selecting a city by zipcode works.

I've not seen the weather side of it work please test and post results.

Screenies would be nice :D

Amit, you might want to put the download links on the first post so anyone looking at the thread for the first time can see the files.

thanks

Guest vishalm
the weather app and clock work. it connects just fine.

awesome, can you post a screenshot please.

i have problem with weather :D

5bba490229.png

??????????? but clock is ok ! :angry:

Have you selected the region in the settings page?

Guest amitsharma.atc

hi Vishal

Everything is working great i hv modified my first post as you requested :D

i want to ask a question is there any chance that we can set today clock just below today 2 ???

Guest punkmonkey1984

Task manger not working on 6.5 get half a icon in top right corner but nothing happen's when i push it, i do have the settins tab in system tho

Guest vishalm
hi Vishal

Everything is working great i hv modified my first post as you requested :D

i want to ask a question is there any chance that we can set today clock just below today 2 ???

great, yes you should be able to move it down in the today settings page. its called lg_datetime, just click it and then press move down.

Task manger not working on 6.5 get half a icon in top right corner but nothing happen's when i push it, i do have the settins tab in system tho

hmm, MS has changed alot in 6.5 so it is very likely that it wont work. I'm currently using 6.5.1 so cant test.

Which 6.5 build are you using?

i want to use spb task manager instead a windows task manager's after pressing x-button, how can i change it?

Try using http://www.vijay555.com/?Releases:VJBrisk

Just follow the instruction to redirect the task manager shortcut in the windows dir to spb's taskmanager.

Guest amitsharma.atc
great, yes you should be able to move it down in the today settings page. its called lg_datetime, just click it and then press move down.

but its not giving option to move down its fade

Guest punkmonkey1984
hmm, MS has changed alot in 6.5 so it is very likely that it wont work. I'm currently using 6.5.1 so cant test.

Which 6.5 build are you using?.

im using build 6.5 build 21928

Edited by punkmonkey1984

Guest vishalm
but its not giving option to move down its fade

fixed, here is the new version: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZZSWCBM9

I have deleted the old version so those links wont work.

im using build 6.5 build 21928

I'll see what i can do. In the mean time you can try this x button app.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=530564

Its the best one out there at the moment.

Guest punkmonkey1984
fixed, here is the new version: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZZSWCBM9

I have deleted the old version so those links wont work.

I'll see what i can do. In the mean time you can try this x button app.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=530564

Its the best one out there at the moment.

iv tried it before, iv got htc task manager going works great but i like to try diffent thing's lol,

Guest Scott19
Im downloading the files and will give it a go.

The keyboard seems to be the same as we have on the omnia. Just a different skin file.

I havent got the phone so it wont be easy.

wish me luck :D

edit....

xButton: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WEQZIP2X

Seems to work, please test and let me know.

Weather app has been extracted. it load up but i dont have a data connection to test it. Also the settings menu doesnt load, so I will upload after i try fix that.

Keyboard is the same as Omnia's. I managed to screw up my phone while testing and had to Hard Reset :angry:

Guest Scott19

I am very excited that you have been sucessful extracting a cab file for this, but I would REALLY APPRECIATE it if you could format one that will work/display correctly on my Samsung Epix (320x320).- Thank You Very Much vishalm, I have been anxiously waiting for this for a long time. If you could post the cab on Megaupload it would help a lot since I only have access to activesync when I am at work. Thanks again!

Guest Shemmy

Great work, vishalm! I'm really loving the clock/weather on my today screen. Right now, I have that running with Resco Contact Manager, the Resco Today plugin, and the calendar plugin - it's a great combination. I'll see if I can get some screen caps.

Guest vishalm
I am very excited that you have been sucessful extracting a cab file for this, but I would REALLY APPRECIATE it if you could format one that will work/display correctly on my Samsung Epix (320x320).- Thank You Very Much vishalm, I have been anxiously waiting for this for a long time. If you could post the cab on Megaupload it would help a lot since I only have access to activesync when I am at work. Thanks again!

Sorry man, I tried real hard to make it work but it just wouldnt. I noticed if you use the dual clock it does work. It seems that LG have hard coded in some sort of padding into either the dll file or the java file. So it seems to be a hex editing job which i've not done before but i'll try again at some point.

Great work, vishalm! I'm really loving the clock/weather on my today screen. Right now, I have that running with Resco Contact Manager, the Resco Today plugin, and the calendar plugin - it's a great combination. I'll see if I can get some screen caps.

Would be nice to see some screenshots.

Guest Scott19

Sorry man, I tried real hard to make it work but it just wouldnt. I noticed if you use the dual clock it does work. It seems that LG have hard coded in some sort of padding into either the dll file or the java file. So it seems to be a hex editing job which i've not done before but i'll try again at some point.

Oh well, I know you tried. :D I just really like the current temp and condition without taking up a lot of my Today screen real estate like Elecont and Weather Bug Direct do. Thanks a lot for your time and effort vishalm.