22/Jan - Stock ROMs + radios in update.zip format for GSM Hero

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest megaoptimus
did you try to leave it in a spot where gps reception is available for like, one hour? i think after wipe/flash/radio upgrade the gps almanach is gone, depending on satellite constellations and reception it can take a while for the gps to determine its position. although that usually shouldn't take longer than a few minutes, but it's worth a try...

to be fair, with the old radio I did leave it alone for...boy it was have been 30-90 mins at least before it got a signal and this was in my house. After that it didn't seem to have troubles keeping updated but the thing is I don't recall it taking this long before to establish a signal at first maybe it did. I'll try again with the new radio image and leave it go for 90 mins to see if I get signal. At least now I know there is precedence for it taking eons to establish a connection after a flash. Still it's odd that any device would take that long, intitially to establish a link and familiarize itself with the gps network. I mean, if this were a new phone and I hit my location using the gps and nothing happened in like 5-10mins, I'd think there was something wrong with it. But like I said, if there is precedence.....

EDIT: After leaving it alone for a while allowing it to finally grab a signal location, I placed the phone in the same spot a few hours later and left it there for an hour...no signal. I don't know if there is GPS troubles locally (don't think so since others are working it seems) or if something happened to the radio when I tried to flash it. Only thing I haven't tried is going back to stock radio image. It shouldn't take an hour to establish GPS location unless something is wrong with the sats or something is wrong with the phone. I'm leaning towards the phone, software bug or something. Is there a way for me to track the background gps services to see it's doing exactly? I dunno, I'm out of ideas at this point, aside from down-flashing to the stock radio image. Has ANY one else experience flaky GPS activity with these newer radio flashes?

Edited by megaoptimus

Guest turkish_hero

Hi Friends

i am utku from turkey, i have little problem.

i have Tmobile g2 touch (Hero). i buy from germany and i want to upgrade rom. on internet i found tmobile UK upgrade but i didnt upgrdae the item.

i have receive an error. error writes "Customer ID Error" what can i do know ?

maybe problem is i havent buy from UK. i buy from Germany?

please help me

Thanks

Guest baggy111

Hello. I have just received a new G2 (aka Hero) on T-mobile UK.

I am planning on doing this, please can you tell me if this would work:

1.Installing a recovery image

2.Booting into recovery and making a Nandroid backup

3.Installing a generic HTC Rom which has been packed into update.zip NB.Rom is a stock rom and therefore not rooted

As I understand after flashing I would lose rooting and would need to root again if I need to. However, I don't need to so am not too bothered.

I am hoping that this would remove T-Mobile branding, but mainly make the phone quicker as it is running the latest ROM. Would this technique work?

I would also like to know wether my sim-lock status would be affected?

Also if Donut/Android 1.6 is released OTA by HTC would my phone update OTA?

Please answer my questions and comment if you have any reservations/concerns about this. All comments are much appreciated.

Guest soopahfly

Any updates on the latest Radio problem?

Bit cautious of upgrading if there are GPS problems?

Sod it. Upgraded anyway.

Edit

Pooed my pants a bit when I was presented with the phone out the box screen.

Testing GPS now

Edit again!

Got a fix with co-pilot, in my front room within 5 minutes.

Slightly better mobile signal.

Upgraded from 63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18 to 63.18.55.06FU_6.35.07.08

Edited by soopahfly

hi im hoping you can help me.

after installing the latest radio update the symbol by the signal indicator now displays a 'G' and not the 'H' it used to this is a real shame as the phone now seems to be stuck in 3G, has anyone else got this problem or know of a way to fix it?

before updating the ROM i did a nandroid back up, if i was to restore the ack up would it also restore the old radio or just the ROM?

thanks in advance for your help

Is it possible to put a new radio on a eurpean htc her that will allow it to work with AT&T 3g in the us? I am wondering if the the fact that the hero doesn't do 850/1900MHz is just a software restriction or not.

Guest mvorchard

Hello there,

I'm trying to find out why I don't have access to my 3G mobile network type... this is the situation with my phone:

Phone is one of these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=170371144833

Model: HTC Hero

Firmware version: 1.5

Baseband version: 63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18

Kernel version: 2.6.27-mck-1.2

root@vmware-intrepid-x64 )

Build number: MoDaCo Custom ROM 2.8 Core, SSH

password: XxYYYx

Software version: 1.0.0.A6288

Anyone, please... the fact of not having 3G on my phone is driving me crazy... B-)

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

MO

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

so why don't you give us input? what did you check and what not? is your simcard 3g-able? what network provider are you using?

my first guess would be:

on your ebay site it says: "ALSO WORKS WITH ALL 900/2100 3G NETWORKS WORLDWIDE*"

google (actually wikipedia) tells me: "Claro Chile have services GSM/GPRS/EDGE in 850/1900 MHz, and since December 2007 has 3G UMTS/HSDPA service in the 850 MHz band."

you see where i'm going?

edit: 100th post, yeeeeyyyy!

Edited by kendon

Guest mvorchard

Many thanks, Kendon. Seems that you were heading in the right (wrong for my purposes) direction......

My problem, unfortunately, seems to be the type of band my mobile operator uses... EntelPCS uses 1900 MHz.

Is there any chance that through using the radio rom images available I could overcome this "minor" problem.......????

Many thanks and regards!

MO

Guest Godster

Hi there.

Having already upgraded my phone to the pre-rooted version of HTC Generic 2.73.405.5, if I were to update to the latest revision, would I have to go through the process of wiping the phone again, as I did with the original rooting installation?

If you have to do this everytime you upgrade, its bit of a pain, as I had to reconfigure everything, download apps etc.

Please confirm before I proceed?

Many thanks, Kendon. Seems that you were heading in the right (wrong for my purposes) direction......

My problem, unfortunately, seems to be the type of band my mobile operator uses... EntelPCS uses 1900 MHz.

Is there any chance that through using the radio rom images available I could overcome this "minor" problem.......????

Many thanks and regards!

MO

no, the frequency is hardware dependend. sorry guy, you're out of luck concerning 3g...

Hi there.

Having already upgraded my phone to the pre-rooted version of HTC Generic 2.73.405.5, if I were to update to the latest revision, would I have to go through the process of wiping the phone again, as I did with the original rooting installation?

If you have to do this everytime you upgrade, its bit of a pain, as I had to reconfigure everything, download apps etc.

Please confirm before I proceed?

you can try it without wiping, but be prepared to wipe if it doesn't work. a nandroid backup always comes in handy, if it doesn't work you can fall back to your old system without losing data...

any word on the 63.18.55.06FH_6.35.07.08 radio? i tried the clean 1.6 rom from xda and it flashed my radio to this version... gonna try it, anybody noticed any differences?

Guest clarkEEE1
any word on the 63.18.55.06FH_6.35.07.08 radio? i tried the clean 1.6 rom from xda and it flashed my radio to this version... gonna try it, anybody noticed any differences?

Hey kendon what's the Ion 1.6 Rom like you managed to give it a work out. Were going to test it me self but didn't have time yday. Never heard of the FH radio though

Guest keef319

I see over on XDA there is Radio-63.18.55.06IU_6.35.08.22

Anyone tried it?