22/Jan - Stock ROMs + radios in update.zip format for GSM Hero

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Stea1thmode
Which network are you on?

I'm on T-Mobile UK. IMO this radio seems to be slightly better for me. 3g reception is noticeably more stable and wifi only takes 8-10 secs to connect. So far so good, still monitoring :D

Guest masterpfa
I'm on T-Mobile UK. IMO this radio seems to be slightly better for me. 3g reception is noticeably more stable and wifi only takes 8-10 secs to connect. So far so good, still monitoring :P

Likewise I'm also on T-Mobile and previously for me reception of anykind was a joke, mostly on 1 bar on the phone.

Applied the Radio-63.18.55.06IU_6.35.08.22 avilable as an update.zip from

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=563757

Seeing 3-4 bars now, Wi-Fi connecting quickly. Only just installed this as well as Teknologist kernel 1.8 and those extras.

Phone is running like a dream.

Decided yesterday to do a fresh install with a clean wipe, so Partitioned 8GB Micro SD, Fat32 & ext4

Pauls MCR 2.8 plus enhanced pack (no Wavesecure though! :D ),

Radio 63.18.55.06FU_6.35.07.08

Tecknologist 1.7

on returning home today noticed the post talking about the new radio and Teknologist new kernel, so just had to do it

Let's se how that lot fares for a day or so.

Paul Great work as always

Teknologist special thanks for the icing on the cake ;)

P.S. How would I apply the ramzswap-signed.zip, just wanted to experiment with a few settings getting an error message when I try to use the update route

Guest JadeMonkee

I upgraded my radios a few hours ago. No adverse effects thus far...

MCR 2.8 teknologist kernel 1.8

Will try WiFi when I get home, and report back if anything is broken.

I'm on 3 Australia.

- install the patched recovery (you need this to do anything, this contains nandroid!) - Using this link - http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...ce-permanently/

- do a nandroid backup - Be great to get a vid or instructions on how to do this

- wipe (from recovery) - How do you wipe?

- install the generic rom update (from recovery) - A vid on this be great!

- install the root pack (from recovery) - Use the link i Posted to root?

Hi Paul,

I (stupidly it seems) installed the 2.73 updated ROM from T-mobile. The Hero wasn't rooted at this point, and the 2.73 has patched the exception that lets you root the phone - apparently.

Now, your file above (the pre-rooted 2.73 t-mobile ROM) would seem to be the perfect solution, but I cant boot from the recovery image without root access.. can i??

Confused! ;-S

Edited by Asp525

Hi Paul,

I (stupidly it seems) installed the 2.73 updated ROM from T-mobile. The Hero wasn't rooted at this point, and the 2.73 has patched the exception that lets you root the phone - apparently.

Now, your file above (the pre-rooted 2.73 t-mobile ROM) would seem to be the perfect solution, but I cant boot from the recovery image without root access.. can i??

Confused! ;-S

Let metry to explain this coz av been there before.

If you updated with the RUU downloaded from T-mobile you wont be able to root your device.

the only way to unroot the Tmobile 2.73 is to do a goldcard for all i know visit the theunlockr.com might shade some light to you.

:D hope my info helps.

Edited by mbba

Guest cyril_06

Hello,

First of all, thanks Paul for your great job with this ROM !

I spent hours trying to get the "tun" driver working with MoDaCo 2.8, but without success (insmod worked but no device was created...)

And I just installed your MoDaCo 2.9 and it seems everything is fixed, the tun driver is even loaded at boot time ! Now I will try to make iodine client work on the Hero... (maybe something you can include in a next version :D )

Thanks again !

--

Cyril

I can confirm 63.18.55.06IU_6.35.08.22 is working with O2 :)

i can confirm using this on T-mobile, where previously all radio versions have failed with good 3g reception.

this has got to be by far the most stable radio version i have used.

Added 2.73.405.61 generic unmodified.

P

Thanks Paul, i was hoping that you also post an rooted version (like HTC Generic 2.73.405.38) but looks ill have to find out how to root it on my own :)

Guest Igniztion
Newest radio doesn't work well with Telenor in Norway. Only get 3G, not H-reception.

Works fine on my phone. Just doublechecked it now. HDSPA coverage within seconds of turning on Mobile Network.

Guest FurryPotato
Hi Paul,

Confused! ;-S

I just got my T-Mobile G2 back from Warranty repair with this ROM.

You can bypass it but it is a bit more complex. What I did:

First you need to use the Goldcard method which will allow you to use the official HTC RUU to downgrade to a normal (non-T-Mobile) ROM. Goldcard on XDA

Then you can use Instant Root to root your phone.

Then use Flashrec method to install the recovery image on your device.

I did all of this yesterday and am now running 2.9 :)

Guest TheAdmiralCS

Hi guys, love your work on the ROMS! Just got a Hero on 3, and am getting RUBBISH reception. Getting 1 bar at home, then goes to roaming :)

Any chance of an update for this? I could get you my 3 ROM from my phone if you needed it (as long as someone tells me how lol).

Cheers

C

Guest kwiksand
Hi guys, love your work on the ROMS! Just got a Hero on 3, and am getting RUBBISH reception. Getting 1 bar at home, then goes to roaming :)

Any chance of an update for this? I could get you my 3 ROM from my phone if you needed it (as long as someone tells me how lol).

Cheers

C

One thing i would say is the reception on the Hero is terrible compared to say the N95 that I had before, but its got a lot better with radio revision updates.

I'm guessing the 3 Hero is probably just the vanilla 1.76.xxx or 2.73.xxx firmware, but if you go into Settings -> About phone and just list the firmware version, radio version we may be able to help you further.

If you do have an old radio firmware version you should see a definite improvement with the later firmware (mines a LOT better than it was initially).