22/Jan - Stock ROMs + radios in update.zip format for GSM Hero

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest TheAdmiralCS
One thing i would say is the reception on the Hero is terrible compared to say the N95 that I had before, but its got a lot better with radio revision updates.

I'm guessing the 3 Hero is probably just the vanilla 1.76.xxx or 2.73.xxx firmware, but if you go into Settings -> About phone and just list the firmware version, radio version we may be able to help you further.

If you do have an old radio firmware version you should see a definite improvement with the later firmware (mines a LOT better than it was initially).

I had an N95 before and yep the Hero is worse comparing the signal to it.

Here are the details

Base - 63.18.55.06IU_6.35.08.22

Kernel - 2.6.27_430d1aea HTC_kernel@and18-2#951

Build - 2.73.77.162 CL#800 33

Software - 1.0.0.A6288

Cheers

Craig

Guest lostiphone

just got my t-mobile G2 last week....immediately upgraded to Modaco 2.9 with latest radio, the signal in my house is awful.

sometimes 3 bars, then drops right down to none and I get "chose network" screen. upstairs is slightly better signal.

funny thing is just up the road and there is a full 3G signal !! think I will make do though as the phone is great....

Edited by lostiphone

Guest froggyoggy

Need ur urgent help guys. I received my orange HTC Hero on monday and since then i've been too busy with downloading exciting apps for the phone. Its only over the last two days when i finally started going about doing my daily stuff, i realised the signal is rubbish. Orange have offered to send me another hero phone, but if its gonna be the same problem, then i maybe wasting my time.

Ok here is the issue...orange are sending me a replacement which comes tomorrow. I'm wondering if i can update the radio on my orange firmware (without rooting or changing firmware) on the current hero i have, so that i can test in theory if i will have improved signal. If this is possible, then pls tell me:-

1. How to do this, preferably without damaging the phone

2. What is the latest firmware

Here are details of the hero..pls let me know if u need any other info:-

firmware version: 1.5

Baseband version: 63.18.55.06EU_6.36.06.18

kernel version: 2.6.27-8dd6deee

Build version: 2.73.61.5 146733

Software version: 1.0.0.A6288

Signal strength: -109dBm 9asu

thank you very much

Guest TheAdmiralCS
Interesting... fancy rooting it and putting a nandroid backup for me somewhere?

P

Happy to....just need to figure out how to root it without breaking it as I'm not au fait with Linux at all..any help would be much appreciated!

Guest froggyoggy
Need ur urgent help guys. I received my orange HTC Hero on monday and since then i've been too busy with downloading exciting apps for the phone. Its only over the last two days when i finally started going about doing my daily stuff, i realised the signal is rubbish. Orange have offered to send me another hero phone, but if its gonna be the same problem, then i maybe wasting my time.

Ok here is the issue...orange are sending me a replacement which comes tomorrow. I'm wondering if i can update the radio on my orange firmware (without rooting or changing firmware) on the current hero i have, so that i can test in theory if i will have improved signal. If this is possible, then pls tell me:-

1. How to do this, preferably without damaging the phone

2. What is the latest firmware

Here are details of the hero..pls let me know if u need any other info:-

firmware version: 1.5

Baseband version: 63.18.55.06EU_6.36.06.18

kernel version: 2.6.27-8dd6deee

Build version: 2.73.61.5 146733

Software version: 1.0.0.A6288

Signal strength: -109dBm 9asu

thank you very much

Can some kind soul please please help me here as i'm desperate. I need to give the phone back tomorrow so i want to try out if updating the radio makes a difference or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank u

Can some kind soul please please help me here as i'm desperate. I need to give the phone back tomorrow so i want to try out if updating the radio makes a difference or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank u

you can boot the custom recovery image, then just leave the step out where you flash it. then update the radio, reboot and nothing else then the radio should have changed imo. see stickie http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...on-your-device/ and do leave out the command "install-recovery-gsm-windows.bat" or "./install-recovery-gsm-[OS].sh".

Guest accuphase
Interesting... fancy rooting it and putting a nandroid backup for me somewhere?

P

yep, the build - 2.73.77.162 sounds interesting- Paul, can we "transfer" this 3Uk rom to a generic rom?

would be a huge step from .61 to .162, wouldn't it?

Guest accuphase
Maybe... if I can get a copy I'll check it out (although i'm away on business all this week).

P

Hi TheAdmiralCS, would you be so kind and provide Paul with your ROM version as a nandroid backup? That would be great!

Best for the upcoming week.

J

Guest TheAdmiralCS
Hi TheAdmiralCS, would you be so kind and provide Paul with your ROM version as a nandroid backup? That would be great!

J

I would love to...just dont know how to root the phone and my googling skills are weak :)

Can you tell me how?

This phone is going back tomorrow (fault with it) and a replacement being delivered...

Guest TheAdmiralCS

J

I would love to...just dont know how to root the phone and my googling skills are weak :)

Can you tell me how?

This phone is going back tomorrow (fault with it) and a replacement being delivered...

Hi.

I installed HTC Generic 2.73.405.38 and latest Radio (63.18.55.06IU_6.35.08.22). Well first everything was fine, but in next day it started to drop easily from hsdpa to gprs and not getting back to hsdpa anymore, sometimes required reboot. Also lost the whole network couple times and required reboot to get back to network again. I didn`t have this problem with MCR 2.9.

Well now I installed HTC Generic 2.73.405.61 and using the latest Radio rom. Now it`s all the time full network in hsdpa. Maybe some incompatibility issues with the Generic 2.73.405.38...? Will see how this will work this time.

Latest Radio ROM has been the best in my network so far, just the problem with HTC Generic 2.73.405.38. Great job, Paul and thank you for making my Hero for better audibility.

I use Saunalahti in Finland. :)

Edited by JuW

Guest froggyoggy

hi JUW m8, has your mobile signal/reception improved or is it still the same?

thanks kendon for that info.

I have ran into a problem. I thought i'd give it a quick try, but i'm stuck at my 1st command, lol:-

c:\htc>adb-windows shell reboot bootloader

adb server is out of date. killing...

* daemon started successfully *

error: device not found

I think i best wait until someone helps me. So what have i done wrong?

@froggyoggy: Yes, it is much more improved with the latest radio. Keeping it most of the time in hsdpa and 4 signal levels. :)

Not jumping up and down, like with the default stock htc ROM.

hi JUW m8, has your mobile signal/reception improved or is it still the same?

thanks kendon for that info.

I have ran into a problem. I thought i'd give it a quick try, but i'm stuck at my 1st command, lol:-

c:\htc>adb-windows shell reboot bootloader

adb server is out of date. killing...

* daemon started successfully *

error: device not found

I think i best wait until someone helps me. So what have i done wrong?

do you have usb debugging enabled in the settings?

I changed back to MCR 2.9. As far as I got tested 1 Stock Rom, 1 Leaked Rom with the latest Radio Rom, my opinion is, that the MCR 2.9 is the best with the latest Radio rom. With 2.73.405.61 rom it stayed most of the time in 3 signal strength (hsdpa), but I also saw it to drop down from the network once completely. With MCR 2.9 it is mostly 4 signal strenght (hsdpa) and doesn`t drop the network down. MCR 2.9 is also the fastest one. :)

Edited by JuW

Hello Paul,

Recently, I purchased HTC Hero from Beijing, China.

When it boot show up China Mobile and Dopod logo and bit later another green logo which don't know.

Model number: HTC Hero

Firmware version: 1.5

Baseband version: 63.18.55.06U_6.35.04.35

Kernel version: 2.6.27-8dd6deee htc-kernel@and18-2

Build number: 1.79.482.3 146733 CL#49365 release-keys

Software version: www.HiAPK.com 1.0_g3_.senseS

Is it possible to update rom, radio etc.,?

I am beginner to this forum. From where I need to start?

BTW, Paul can you add "Mongolia" in your registration country list.

Guest froggyoggy

hi guys, thanks for ur help. I've managed to update the radio rom to the IU version and this has vastly improved the reception. But one problem i have is that if i move the mic away only slightly, people can hardly hear me and tend to tell me i sound as though i'm cutting off. Now this can't be a one-off problem bcoz i had the same issue with the previous htc hero too.

Any ideas?

thanks

Guest 5kedone

PLEASE HELP i flash the rom that went fine then i flash then the radio that went fine it said restart phone but as i picked it up i touched the home button by mistake a box with a arrow pointing to a phone popped up i waited nothing happened so i disconnected the battery now it wont turn on or anything

Guest Baggieboy
PLEASE HELP i flash the rom that went fine then i flash then the radio that went fine it said restart phone but as i picked it up i touched the home button by mistake a box with a arrow pointing to a phone popped up i waited nothing happened so i disconnected the battery now it wont turn on or anything

I got the box/arrow/phone screen too but after about 30 seconds it rebooted back to the flasher and the next restart was normal.