22/Jan - Stock ROMs + radios in update.zip format for GSM Hero

Guest PaulOBrien

I tried the latest JU Radio, but in my Hero it gaved a very bad reception. Dropped to gprs and didin`t rise up to hsdpa anymore. Still in my Hero it`s the IU Radio rom the best. I`m using Saunalahti (Virtual operator) wich is "Roaming" in Elisa network in Finland. And using MCR 2.9 in my Hero.

@stuins: Search dictionary word "Leaked" and you`ll know what it means. :D

Edited by JuW

Hello

I am on T-mobile uk

Originally I had 63.18.55.06_6.35.04.25 and flashed with 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.08.29.

I am not sure If I flashed with correct radio as the one I used has JU at the end. I could not find any explanation about JU, IU, EU,FU...

The phone works but the reception dropps quite often.

please advise

Hello

I am on T-mobile uk

Originally I had 63.18.55.06_6.35.04.25 and flashed with 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.08.29.

I am not sure If I flashed with correct radio as the one I used has JU at the end. I could not find any explanation about JU, IU, EU,FU...

The phone works but the reception dropps quite often.

please advise

Im on T-mobile uk and having exactly the same problem with this radio, it seems to drop quite regular for no reason??? Im in what T-mobile describe as a good coverage area for both 2g and 3g........any ideas Paul?

Cheers

Edited by Mista0

Guest IakobosJ

I'm on T-Mobile UK and have flashed the JU Radio ROM and it's the best so far :D My signal drops out much less than before and I get HSDPA more than I used to :(

Guest Geochelone

I tried generic 2.73.405.66, rooted it myself, setprop to T-Mob market to get to paid apps. However, certain apps are missing e.g. Twidroid PRO, Better Terminal Emulator Pro and some more.

Thus I reverted back to MCR 2.9c x TCK 1.9.

I read Paul will release 3.0 base on .66. My only concern now is the access to those paid apps. I hope the missing apps are because of my noobness, not because of the ROM itself.

With IU I got strange drops in GPS, i.e., when using Copilot it would get GPS signal in the beginning just fine, but then just lose it, and having problems getting it back. Same occurs at the same time in Google Maps, so it is not Copilot issue. In stock radio I never saw this issue.

So now trying with JU to see if it would work better for GPS. Obviously I'm making a bold assumption that radio ROM has something to do with GPS, am I right?

Guest munkimatt

Just a bit of info.

I've got a sim free Hero and have upgraded each radio as it has come out. Noticed yesterday that I was no longer picking up a GPS lock. GPS Status reported the phone was seeing 4 satellites but couldn't lock on to any.

I downgraded to the previous version (63.18.55.06IU_6.35.08.22) and GPS Status almost instantly saw 8 satellites and then locked onto 5.

Just to make sure, I re-installed the current up-to-date radio (63.18.55.06JU_6.35.08.29) and again I lost all GPS locks. Again, I downgraded to the previous and my GPS was restored.

Guest Baggieboy
Just to make sure, I re-installed the current up-to-date radio (63.18.55.06JU_6.35.08.29) and again I lost all GPS locks. Again, I downgraded to the previous and my GPS was restored.

I'm using "JU" and haven't had any problems with GPS (I'm also using MCR 2.9).

Guest d14b0ll0s

Guys, please give feedback on the new HTC Hero 2.73.405.66 leaked ROM.

I have a buggy equivalent of .61 on my HTC Hero (coming as "Era G2" on Polish 'Era' network), it crashes many times a day and I need to do sth about it really soon, as I can't use my phone that way.. (com.android.phone forced close etc.). I tried uninstalling some apps, but still probably need to wipe(?) it and change the ROM.

TIA

PS how did you solve the GPS issue? does it work under .29 radio? (is it included in .66 ROM or could be excluded..?)

Actually it seems it's just the same as T-mobile G2 touch.

OK, I guess I see that radios come separately.

Edited by d14b0ll0s

Guest d14b0ll0s
Do the letters in the radio's filenames (EU, IU, JU...) mean anything besides providing a different way to know which know is the latest version? (E < I < J) Or do they mean anything else that we should be aware? I mean, at first I thought the EU was a version for europe or something but then I saw many people using IU, which was a lot improved and so I'm using that too. If they're all the same and the letters are just "version numbers", I guess I'll update too since you guys are saying good things about it :D But, if possible, can someone clarify that for me?

I guess it's just alphabetically ordered, meaning EU for 5U, I for 8, J for 9.. :(

Guest Nazgulled
If i put one these ROMs on my HTC Hero does it meen that it is rooted???

It depends on what you mean by "one these" lol... There are the ones rooted and the ones not.

Hi,

If i put one these ROMs on my HTC Hero does it meen that it is rooted???

Lol Your funny you remind me of me in the begining we all been there any way thats how we learn go to http://www.theunlockr.com check out the videos on how to root htc hero then youll know if your rooted or not

Guest stevenz
How about the HU ROM released with the Eclair ROM over at XDA-devs? Is it only for 2.1? Is there a reason it haven't been mentioned here?

The HU ROM seems to work fine with the 1.5 based MoDaCo ROMs, but IU and JU are both newer. HU might rely on stuff specific to the 2.x kernel so I wouldn't be too keen to use it longterm.

i have used steps mentioned in this site:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=1

if i had done it taht it mean i have rooted my phone???

And say please which one is rooted???

I have putted on Generic RO: HTC Generic 2.73.405.38

this is called READING. it means there is information, and by looking at the so called letters and processing them in your brain you can inhabit the information stored in these letters.

now try it your self, i'll give you something to start with from here:

Rooted ROMs - note these ROMs are repacked as update zips and are identical to the generic ROMs EXCEPT they are pre-rooted.

Shipping ROMs - note these ROMs are repacked as update zips and are completely generic (i.e. NOT rooted). Radio ROMs are NOT included.

if you still have problems please consult your local elemtary school.

Edited by kendon

Guest _unknown_

anyone sle having weird noise problems with this radio rom? 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.08.29

Sometimes my HTC hero just generates strange noise when is idle (seems to happen when gprs activity is going on)

Also in phone calls i hear some noise on the background, can't remember i had that with version before this one.

Guest teknologist

For those who use the Generic ROMS listed in the first post of this topic,

Don't know if I mentioned it earlier but there is a second version of Teknologist kernel 1.9 out which is built for generic ROMs.

I released it on Monday.

It's available at the usual source: Here

It contains all the same tweaks and compcache auto-setup. Also contains busybox in the update zip file.

All as an update package for your Generic ROM.

According to the users that have tested it , it works great & smooth.

Enjoy!

Edited by teknologist