10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Floejen
Version 1.4.1 is now online.

- Fixed Streetview

- Restore Chinese IME

- Fixed update script to not error if device is not wiped

You can safely apply this over the top of 1.2/1.3/1.4 without wiping.

P

Sorry to be a pain in the arse Paul, but if I am going to apply your custom rom for the first time on my 'virgin' hero, I do still have to wipe?

Edited by Floejen

Guest scopes64
OK bit the bullet (nearly broke a tooth) and installed 1.4 - One problem with the camera - no longer able to zoom in and out via the trackerball :D

You can still Zoom via menu. Menu / Zoom then slider appears on screen to zoom in and out

Guest JamesKing

I seem to have a problem with 1.4... I can go in to the text mesage application via the list (and see all the contacts listed out, with the beginning of a text from each), but I can't open any conversations. When I try to, it hangs at "Loading..." and doesn't load the conversations.

Guest vik2001
Taking feature requests for 1.5. :D

P

WTF i just upgraded to 1.4 this morning, now you did 1.41 so i gotta get that on now. now yr talking about 1.5 now u gna spoil us. loving the need not to wipe, all looking rather smooth, no probs. fantastic work mr.p

Guest Farfooz
Waiting for an invite! :D

P

Hey paul, i installed this rom and everything. How come my facebook wont work? I try logging in with my facebook info but then it says the "Warning, The service is currently unavailable. Do you want to try again?"

Im loving 1.4!, cant be bothered to go 1.41 just did the street view fix instead.

cant get my head round the apps2sd thing, keep getting "oops need to follow the tutorial on xda... bla bla" when loading the app. Followed the guide to the dot!

got 2gb, card 512mb ext3 and 32mb linux swap, order of fat32, etx3, linux swap. please help... :D

Im loving 1.4!, cant be bothered to go 1.41 just did the street view fix instead.

cant get my head round the apps2sd thing, keep getting "oops need to follow the tutorial on xda... bla bla" when loading the app. Followed the guide to the dot!

got 2gb, card 512mb ext3 and 32mb linux swap, order of fat32, etx3, linux swap. please help... :D

Do NOT install the A2SD app from the Market! It's all transparent and built into this ROM, you don't need (and shouldn't install!) that app!!!

P

Hi

first, thx for this rom ! it's a lot faster than the original !

i've just installed the new release (1.4.1) and i've some questions and problem.

the application Toggle Settings force closing at the loading, and after a while it's working normaly....it's maybe a problem with the application...i don't know, but i didn't have the problem with original rom.

i don't use plurk.... is there a way to delete this application ?

last question, is there a way to start an application or execute some script at the startup ?

thx for your help et again for this rom !!

Do NOT install the A2SD app from the Market! It's all transparent and built into this ROM, you don't need (and shouldn't install!) that app!!!

P

Thanks Paul,

Does this mean all my newly downloaded apps will get installed to the sd card? how can i move my existing apps onto the sd?

Guest domifer

HI

i did the update, everthing seemed to be working fine, it kept all my data and setting as I was upgrading from 1.4 to 1.4.1 but there is one problem: it gives me an error: com process htc provider cannot be loaded and until now the result is the clock widget is unable to load the weather data, it can only shows the time. I am talking about the default HERO clock with the weather data under it.

I downgraded back to the backup I made, waiting for any hint on how to avoid this,

Anyone else has had this by the way?

Thanks Paul,

Does this mean all my newly downloaded apps will get installed to the sd card? how can i move my existing apps onto the sd?

Not to worry, figured it out now, thats probably why all my apps remained on the phone. it got copied over to the ext3 partition.

Nice one!

Guest Johnston411

Cheers for the work you've put in to the hero Paul.

I've just flashed the new radio and image and hopefully it will iron out the kinks in what is a very nice device :D

Nearly ebayed mine yesterday as the radio cuts out all the time in places i would get hsdpa with another device. Soon find out if it's hardware related or just needed the update

again, many thanks for this wonderful work.

I just finished a french wiki-tuto : http://wiki.smartphonefrance.info/Default....rade-modaco-rom

-------

Is it possible, or is it going to be possible in 1.5 release, to remove apps you don't want ?

I would like to remove all the twitter and facebook things ... I don't know if its possible :D

Edited by usoska