10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest masterpfa
In use Y5 Battery saver, it's great, it uses the GSM location to remember wifi networks and turns on/off wifi automagically! ;-)

Great stuff...

Only thing you need to do, is turn on wifi when you want to connect to a new/unknow, to Y5 network...then it remembers it.

Have you noticed any problems with MMS messaging while using Y5? I cannot seem to send or receive

:D

I originally partitioned the card on my PC using Acronis Disk Director, but had problems with the reboot loop. I then reformatted the whole card as FAT32 in Windows and used the Partition option in Amon's RA-hero-v1.3.2 Recovery. I was not aware that there was an option to format in MdoDaCo's ROM and I could not have used this anyway as I was stuck in the reboot cycle.

Maybe I will try it with my spare SD card when Paul next produces an update.

Thank you!

It seems that modaco 2.9 doesn't format SD cards.... not a major problem so that's why nobody cares except me :D

Flipping awesome! the new 1.9 kernel is slick great job tek. :D

Also Paul there Is a new version of spare parts available on the market that you should Include in the new version 3.0 of your custom ROM.

Can't wait.

+is it possible to install a new custom rec img over an old one using flashrec? Trying to update from v1.2.3 to v1.3.2 amon recovery but not succeeding :(

Guest teknologist
Flipping awesome! the new 1.9 kernel is slick great job tek. :D

Also Paul there Is a new version of spare parts available on the market that you should Include in the new version 3.0 of your custom ROM.

Can't wait.

+is it possible to install a new custom rec img over an old one using flashrec? Trying to update from v1.2.3 to v1.3.2 amon recovery but not succeeding :(

I don't remember which of the methods I used to upgrade but I did without any issues...why don't you try one of the alternate method...

I think I used the via fastboot + adb method without a glitch...

Guest teknologist
thanks for the response but not really an expert on fastboot, adb 1346.gif

It's well explained on Amon RA's official post over at XDA...(it's the 2nd install option)

Guest PhonePersona
Just a quick message to let you all know I release a version 1.9 of the Teknologist custom kernel (just some really small bugfixes for wifi tethering issues and a few other -changelog is on my website)

As always it is available on my website here.

Please report success/failures in the Teknologist kernel topic

Cheers !

Installing now...

Installed!!!

Seems snappier.

Great work Teknologist; You and Paul and a couple of 'Righteous Brothas' :D

Edited by PhonePersona

Guest masterpfa
Nope haven't but I don't use them that much...

NOOB moment :D

Contacted HTC and they e-mailed the correct APN settings, I was close but obviously not close enough.

Thanks.

Great work on the latest Kernel 1.9

I ended up going back to MCR 2.8 and your Kernel

All running smooth again and super slick

Guest bloke_zero

I'd just like to say this is an awesome upgrade - it's now much much more responsive and the option of wi-fi tethering is just brilliant. It makes a so so phone great (the sluggishness and poor connection was getting in the way). Thanks!

Guest Splather
I've just updated WaveSecure to 3.0.0.37, which is now hard-reset proof! :D

P

Brilliant news! Re: 2.1 - suppose you're asked this a lot, but will you be waiting for the official HTC ROM to play with, or starting work with the one Behnaam and the others have just plonked onto XDA-DEV?

Guest Splather
I will wait for something stable before I mess with 2.1 too much. I want my phone to work fully! :(

P

Cool mate - I'll follow your lead, as you obviously know what you're doing! That said, I might have a sneak peek and then roll back :D

Guest markspark100
I've just updated WaveSecure to 3.0.0.37, which is now hard-reset proof! :D

P

Just a quick question about wavesecure,

If I'm using task manager do I need to put it on the ignore list or can I kill it and it will re-start if I ever try to lock it?

Cheers

Mark

Guest teknologist
Cool mate - I'll follow your lead, as you obviously know what you're doing! That said, I might have a sneak peek and then roll back :D

Completely agree with Paul, plus I'll make a small comment and hope it won't turn into flame wars....;-)

Who does release a phone ROM versioned 1.X where there is no contacts app (see the thread on XDA) and no app installer...?

also, last but not least...seems to crash when idle.

would rather call it experimental preview 0.X something...

As Paul said, I do use my Hero as a phone everyday...don't you guys ???

Also, maybe that's why HTC hasn't released it right ? IMHO it's just work in progress...unfinished ROM, whatever you want to call it....

Anyway, the buzz around is nice...Maybe we'll get it from HTC for xmas !

Edited by teknologist

Guest Splather
Completely agree with Paul, plus I'll make a small comment and hope it won't turn into flame wars....;-)

Who does release a phone ROM versioned 1.X where there is no contacts app (see the thread on XDA) and no app installer...?

would rather call it experimental preview 0.X something...

As Paul said, I do use my Hero as a phone everyday...don't you guys ???

Absolument mon ami!

While I like the idea of having 2.1 early, I also like being able to call and SMS people. Already rolled back to MCR 2.9! I apparently had a copy of the leaked ROM, but I'm damned if I could get it working. Also not sure whether the watermark would have shown up all over the screen like in the leaked screenshots? Either way - I'll be waiting for an official release and then Paul's ROM (with your new kernel if you write one)... :D

Guest teknologist
Absolument mon ami!

While I like the idea of having 2.1 early, I also like being able to call and SMS people. Already rolled back to MCR 2.9! I apparently had a copy of the leaked ROM, but I'm damned if I could get it working. Also not sure whether the watermark would have shown up all over the screen like in the leaked screenshots? Either way - I'll be waiting for an official release and then Paul's ROM (with your new kernel if you write one)... :D

Yep, for the moment, if what I want is to get a sneak peek at 2.1 ...There are plenty of screenshots posted all around since last week...it's enough for me.

Guest teknologist
Absolument mon ami!

If HTC releases sources and I do have time, I'll probably give a shot at a 2.6.29 BFS enabled kernel ! I know many people around here are waiting for this...which was a no go on 2.6.27... :-( (too much dangerous stuff needed to be changed in arm CPU handling and I didn't felt comfortable, stability wise touching those files ...again I do use my phone to call people! ;-)

Edited by teknologist

Guest Splather
Yep, for the moment, if what I want is to get a sneak peek at 2.1 ...There are plenty of screenshots posted all around since last week...it's enough for me.

I did a quick install, just to see. Not really worth it without the functional components such as contacts etc. Looks a bit prettier (at least the market does), but seems laggy. Wonder how good the official release will be?

Guest Xero Xenith
Changelog

Planned for future releases

[snip]

Investigate Chinese Pinyin input in CIME

[snip]

Probably a stupid question - would it be possible to do Japanese as well, with one of the FOSS input methods such as Anthy? This would be a humongous help, as I don't think there are any Japanese dictionary apps that doesn't require the words to be in a Japanese native script before you can search them.

Guest Ali jun

hi every body!!! this time i am posting i got 10 years older cause of installing modaco rom! :D

sorry me for not reading the 137 pages!!! no eyes left ...

i have this problem! when i flash my phone (hero) by this rom (2.9) and reboot it it will hang on the htc hero logo and green android man .... some solutions tell that partition the sdcard and try flashing again! i done this so many times?

what should i do.?

i downloaded this for flashing : 2.9-update-hero-modacocustomrom-core-signed.zip

thanks

Edited by Ali jun

Guest teknologist
hi every body!!! this time i am posting i got 10 years older cause of installing modaco rom! :D

sorry me for not reading the 137 pages!!! no eyes left ...

i have this problem! when i flash my phone (hero) by this rom (2.9) and reboot it it will hang on the htc hero logo and green android man .... some solutions tell that partition the sdcard and try flashing again! i done this so many times?

what should i do.?

i downloaded this for flashing : 2.9-update-hero-modacocustomrom-core-signed.zip

thanks

By any chance, did you try a wipe before installing ???