10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

You can already do that in 1.4... :D

P

YEEEK !! I didnt find how. Thoses apps don't appear in the market, and in settings > applications, there is no "uninstall" button ? ... !

Guest Chris Jenx
Taking feature requests for 1.5. :D

P

Wicked your a legend Paul.

This might be quite advance, not sure if you could look at the BlueTooth polling time and speed.

I'm still having issues with music/audio over blue tooth not sure if anyone else can confirm this?

I'm wondering about location training as well. I know its a beta feature in the Local App just wondering if this is more an app style thing or something that would be useful built in.

Cheers!

Guest vik2001
Taking feature requests for 1.5. :D

P

in 1.5 is there anything that you can do to help enable flash on websites work better. get alot of sites that cant handle flash on the HTC hero. and this is not a problem on other phones like the nokia n97 etc.

Guest PaulVlagsma

Great work Paul. Thank you.

Downloaded & installed 1.41 and latest radio.

Everything works fine, much snappier interface.

Small problem - zoom (spreading two fingers) doesn't work in portrait mode.

Works in landscape mode - but not quite right. This is in Browser.

Anyone else have this problem?

Guest vik2001
Great work Paul. Thank you.

Downloaded & installed 1.41 and latest radio.

Everything works fine, much snappier interface.

Small problem - zoom (spreading two fingers) doesn't work in portrait mode.

Works in landscape mode - but not quite right. This is in Browser.

Anyone else have this problem?

No! perhaps the site yr on

Guest normanxiao
Changelog

Fixed Streetview

Restore Chinese IME

Fixed update script to not error if device is not wiped

Fixed FC in Messages app

I know in your new rom, we can use smart dial ( PinYin ) to auto select chinese name contact ,but some chinese words could not be match, mybe database lost, would you mind repair it?

another suggest, Chinese IME use new HTC CHIME version, the version you used could not set Pinyin input method in SMS, only handwriting work.

thanks, it's a wonderful ROM.

found a small problem with 1.4, when i go into Albums and delete all the pics. After deleting the last pic in the folder, i get a Force Close error "The application Albums (process com.htc.albums) has stopped unexpectedly."

This only appears after deleting the last pic in the album. minor issue imo.....

Guest Mark'Oh!

I don't really know if it's related to your custom rom, but i can't log into flickr anymore, via socia networks.

Actually i am able to log in but android just doesn't recognised i've already authenticated the app and login successfully.

It just stays on the flickr mainpage. When i try to go back or home and then back in again it states that flickr is not authenticated again, as like it never were.

I even tried to delete all caches and i removed the app in flickr again. no success :D

It worked perfectly with the generic htc.

any ideas?

btw: great work there! i don't really know why that businesscard-thingie got in there, though.

you stated earlier that it's possibe to remove pre-installed apps but i haven't found any indication on how to actually do that. a little help would be very much appreciated.

Hi, i went from 1.1 to 1.4.1 with wipe, also did the latest radio update 63.18.55.06_6.35.05.31

In 1.1 the compass worked well with layar for example, and compass application

Now it is not working well... , compass is moving little bit random :-(

Is that only here on my phone or...?

Thanks!

Guest TGAQ600

Argh! Problem...

From a slightly update.zip modified stock Orange Hero, I carried out a factory reset and then a backup using the patched recovery image, then flashed to the 1.4.1 ROM without any problems. That finished, I rebooted... and now it's stuck in a reboot loop, just showing the HTC android animation over and over. I tried leaving it for ten minutes but it doesn't seem to be getting anywhere.

Any ideas? I'll try reverting to the backup anyway, but I keep getting acore force close errors on that so hopefully I'll be able to upgrade to this in not too lon.

EDIT: didn't solve issue, but while I was writing this Paul released 1.5, which worked without a problem. Thanks Paul!

Edited by TGAQ600

1.5 online, speed improvements, no wipe required if coming from 1.2 onwards.

P

Yesterday i upgraded from stock to 1.3 (Oh, amazing increase speed!), today i see new update, downloading.. sending to phone.. and what i see? new version. 

Paul, you're unbelievable :D

by the way: What do you think about cpu frequency setting to ~50% when phone isn't active?

Guest vik2001

found a bug when turning on the camera. you get a option to go into camcorder mode in the bottom right hand of the screen. once you switched to camcorder mode from camera mode, it wont do anything. you cant record or press menu - its non responsive.

this is after a clean wipe to 1.4.

going to try 1.5 now

Guest Chris Jenx

Nice, Little jerky after first boot after upgrade, but speeds up quickly. I'm presuming it must clear its caches.

Contacts are almost perfectly smooth.

Calander is almost instant now.

Will test the Blue Tooth Audio later.

If the next ROM's can get the device any faster that would just be awesome. Really any initial speed issues have been lubed up nicely now.

Guest BandedHawk

Ok. Finally got around to doing a new update today. This time I used the recovery image to do a wipe instead of using the factory reset method. The installation this time did not keep coming up with a com.htc.provider force close. The WiFi still seems a bit flaky - I don't know if there are any kernel/driver changes that has affected this operation but the WiFi drops in and out and our office isn't that big that the two access points shouldn't be at least stable. Watching the scan output, the APs do shift widely in strength and even disappear from the scanlist on the phone. Not quite sure why.

Other than that, everything is working well. Took a while to recustomize everything though. :D

Guest Stevie B

Jeez Paul - SLOW down I can't keep up! LOL I've only just installed 1.4.1

I have one question please - I don't need all the extra apps you are including, so I can I remove them as they are not in the Apps->My Downloads???

Now go and have a nice cup of tea so the rest of the world can catch up :D

Guest vik2001
found a bug when turning on the camera. you get a option to go into camcorder mode in the bottom right hand of the screen. once you switched to camcorder mode from camera mode, it wont do anything. you cant record or press menu - its non responsive.

this is after a clean wipe to 1.4.

going to try 1.5 now

issue resolved in 1.5 :D

Guest BoogWeed

LOL!!

OK, so I've had my Hero for a month or so now and only just round to rooting it today and installing Modaco 1.4.1.

I only JUST got everything working and setup like it was before when I see this update to 1.5! I'm going to update right away but my question is this:

I know 1.5 doesn't require a wipe if coming from 1.2 but what about future releases? Will we need to wipe the phone or not? I cant to keep wiping the phone to update... :angry:

P.s, does 1.5 fix the wifi issue?

p.p.s Amazing work Paul, Modaco is brilliant! :D

Edited by BoogWeed