10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest teknologist
I think Paul is talking about Sprite backup software...

Never used it before, but decent backup software would be GREAT!

Thanks for the update Paul, downloading now :D

Sprite is great I use it/bought it to backup Apps/sms/call log/contacts etc. to SD CARD and works like a charm ! ;-)

I've just updated WaveSecure to 3.0.0.37, which is now hard-reset proof! :D

P

First i'd like to say thank you (and the people at Wavesecure). Love this function, feel a lot more secure now... i'm almost feeling sorry for any potential thief :(

Secondly, it might be handy to post this info at your changelog (and or first post) as well, it still says that you're both working towards this goal there.

Last of all, I just installed MCR 3.0 and everything is working smooth here.

Thanks for all the hard work

Guest teknologist

Works great !

As always, if you lots of apps in SD card (using A2SD) let it reboot a few times (looks like a reboot loop) but after a few reboots , update is finished!

so far works great and seems lightning fast here !

Great work paul !

Cheers everyone !

[EDIT] Everything works great and faster..but wifi tether has still no WEP and did a hard reboot on me again !! :D(

Will investigate ... Weird, seems to work flawlessly again. No reboots anymore...FYI only thing I did is disable WEP as it is not functional and I use access control anyway ! I don't mind about the weak wep encryption anyway...

I can confirm this ROM is very responsive and fast in every way !

Edited by teknologist

just a quick question, im currentlyy using 2.9, so if i want to upgrade to 3.0

do i have to make a backup of my Sd card? im currently using A2SD, also will upgrading make me lose my contacts?

how would you recommend me doing it all?

please advice

Thanks

Guest Farmfield

So, klicking leaves my at the homepage at modaco.com... Anyone know the prob os is this so popular it exeeded the server limits for max downloads perhaps, hehe?

Anyone got this on a mirror?

Paul,

Would it be worthwhile to start a new thread devoted to your new version ROM?

This thread is becoming cumbersome and it seems to drift quite a bit at times and all the newcomers don't bother to read all the posts anyway - it's so much easier to ask the same questions over and over without taking the time to do some basic reading!

Babu.

I +1 vote on that good idea i think paul should actualy make an independent repablic thread of 3.0 custom rom kinda neat :D .

just a quick question, im currentlyy using 2.9, so if i want to upgrade to 3.0

do i have to make a backup of my Sd card? im currently using A2SD, also will upgrading make me lose my contacts?

how would you recommend me doing it all?

please advice

Thanks

If your contacts are stored online (check google contacts) there is never any risk of losing them by upgrading or even theft.

No need to make a backup of your SD card, though it's always advisable to do a nandroid backup before you upgrade.

Upgrading hardly takes any work at all, just a few moments of your time. So yes i can definitely recommend it...

First i'd like to say thank you (and the people at Wavesecure). Love this function, feel a lot more secure now... i'm almost feeling sorry for any potential thief :D

Secondly, it might be handy to post this info at your changelog (and or first post) as well, it still says that you're both working towards this goal there.

Last of all, I just installed MCR 3.0 and everything is working smooth here.

Thanks for all the hard work

newbie with a newbie question what happens if you forget the password then what does it lock you out forever and if it does does the recovery cost loads of ££££ coz i had a hardisk unlocked and i mean hardware lock not software before and it cost nearly 100 quid well payed becouse had a bit of important data.

Edited by mbba

Guest Farmfield
Clear your cache then click again. It's referrer checked, so you have to click the link rather than type it in your browser.

P

Are you blaming this on me? ;D

Well, of coarse you were right... It's on my desktop as I write. :D

Oh, and keep up that insanely good work of yours, we're all in awe! Rgds/FF

If your contacts are stored online (check google contacts) there is never any risk of losing them by upgrading or even theft.

No need to make a backup of your SD card, though it's always advisable to do a nandroid backup before you upgrade.

Upgrading hardly takes any work at all, just a few moments of your time. So yes i can definitely recommend it...

thanks, will my apps and settings still be there after i upgrade?

Guest franciswills

Just wanted to say thank you. I went from the stock Orange HTC Hero ROM to 2.9 yesterday and the speed difference was well worth it.

As a side note, the only issues I've had (which I'll be looking for solutions for elsewhere) are:

1) Google Search by Voice returns "Connection Problem"

2) Having upgraded to the most recent radio (JU), my phone doesn't seem to receive data traffic when display a '3G' sign. As I'm in London, it almost always changes to an 'H' pretty quickly and then works fine. Could be the network, could be the radio ROM.

Keep up the good work and thanks again :D

Version 3.0 now online!

Changelog

Moved base to 2.73.405.66

Updated busybox to fix colour coding ls issue

Updated kernel to Teknologist 1.9

Updated wpa_supplicant (0.5.11)

Please hit the retweet button on the first post to get the word out! :D

P

Well Paul i hand it to you, your the Android santa keep up the good work you make the G2 worthit am going from 2.8 to 3.0 testing for a week ill post for any probs and again thankx for the cool work.

Well Paul i hand it to you, your the Android santa keep up the good work you make the G2 worthit am going from 2.8 to 3.0 testing for a week ill post for any probs and again thankx for the cool work.

3.0 update

1.Boots a couple of seconds faster. well the first time took abit of time. but second time was like the knight riders turbo boost.

2. I dont know if the rom updates has anything to do with my 3g packet data but seems better though dint update the radio yet still running with 63.18.55.06FU radio.

3. After the 3.0 updates noticed all the applications have updates available notice and i mean all apps installed from the market.

4.Got an error force close while booting on the battery power mangement apps but rebooted and dint get error again.

5.Market working good.

6.signal full 5 bars

7.i had 140mb of free space now down to 112mb

8 wifi ok

9. everything up and running for now Thanks for all of whom contributed to this ROM.

Hi all,

After seeing how many people have to wipe their Hero one day or another, and lose all their settings, I've wondered... what if I made a backup solution for power/root users, that can backup and restore settings for *any* app ?

As far as I know, the best solutions today are:

- backup for root users (free)

- sprite backup (paid)

- my backup pro (paid)

But none of them can backup/restore settings for arbitrary apps. Sprite backup does it for 3 HTC apps and 4 other apps, but I think they have to be designed specifically for this. No way !

So should I undertake such a development ? Or is there a more important app that MoDaCo power users need ?

Yes please! This kind of thing is going to be ESSENTIAL soon... Thanks! :D

Can anyone confirm wavesecure still works? After the 3.0 update and reinstalling wavesecure it no longer triggers on inserting another sim.

Am going to install it with the update add on will let you know

Guest franciswills
Just wanted to say thank you. I went from the stock Orange HTC Hero ROM to 2.9 yesterday and the speed difference was well worth it.

As a side note, the only issues I've had (which I'll be looking for solutions for elsewhere) are:

1) Google Search by Voice returns "Connection Problem"

2) Having upgraded to the most recent radio (JU), my phone doesn't seem to receive data traffic when display a '3G' sign. As I'm in London, it almost always changes to an 'H' pretty quickly and then works fine. Could be the network, could be the radio ROM.

Keep up the good work and thanks again :D

Just upgraded to 3.0 and that's solved the Google Search by Voice issue. Thanks again.