10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest isMaskin

Good job!

I must say this is "teh shitz". The multitouch in the browser is totally lagfree for me! The entire OS seems snappier than before aswell.

Upgraded from 2.9 core to 3.0 core and everything went smooth as usual, no wipe.

My phone says under "Build number" -> "Modaco custom rom....., SSH password xxxxx". What is that? Can someone get ssh acces in to my phone if they know that password? :D

Guest isMaskin
My phone says under "Build number" -> "Modaco custom rom....., SSH password xxxxx". What is that? Can someone get ssh acces in to my phone if they know that password? :D

You can remove it by using a terminal app in your phone by running:

system/bin/removedropbear.sh

and the password is random.

Guest clarkEEE1
Is the SSH password randomly generated on installing the ROM so that it is different for everyone, or is it fixed in the ROM and thus a security risk?

Yeah the passord is differant for everyone

Guest clarkEEE1
Just upgraded to 3.0 and that's solved the Google Search by Voice issue. Thanks again.

There were nothing wrong with voice search anyway all you had to do is uninstall and reinstall I have had that prob before

Am going to install it with the update add on will let you know

Yep wevesecure not locking when i changed the sim card with 3.0.

anybody got the same problem!

Yep wevesecure not locking when i changed the sim card with 3.0.

anybody got the same problem!

Thanks for confirming the issue.

Unfortunately, I also found out that a nandroid restore of my previous state did not restore all settings correctly. E.g. ringtones can't be selected anymore...

Guess I will have to start from scratch again...

Guest Farmfield

@Paul & teknologist

I guess you guys get this all the time but thanks!

I updated from the original ROM to MoDaCo the same day I bought my Hero and today I updated to 3.0. It's just a different world, so much more responce in the machine - expecially the browser where zooming is as fast as a Iphone 3GS after this update.

So again, just an awesome job guys! Thanks!

Guest isMaskin
Terminal, how? :(

I´m using Better Terminal Emulator. You can find it on the market. I find it easier to use it for minor stuff on the phone instead of plugging it to the computer and use adb :D

Edited by isMaskin

I am totally smashed by MCR3.0 - VERY snappy and fast, screen rotation is instant now, apps start in a whiz, zooming is seamless - GREAT WORK!!

New booting time is 45s till htc-logo, 1m50s till screen pops up, 2m till PIN entering pops up, 2m30s till fully operational. Nice! :D

Guest Geochelone

How about the access to paid apps? Can you 3.0 users see Better Terminal Emulator PRO or twidroid PRO?

And I can't download from romraid.com :-( Anybody has a mirror or two?

Edit: NVM, the thing is downloading now. Anybody have a installed 3.0 can you please post the md5sum of it? I downloading the on wireless and thru browser where disconnection is frequent.

Edited by Geochelone

Guest lsim001

Thanks Paul and Teknologist for the ROM and kernel. nice work.

But Paul, are you going to release a 3.0 version with CIME or are you just teasing like you did with 2.9?

Guest JadeMonkee

Upgrading from 2.9 + 1.9 Kernel now.

First boot is taking a while, so people should be patient with this one...

Will let you know how it goes.

EDIT: Works fine. Seems fast, but my phone always seems fast after it's first boot. Will report back if I think that it genuinely is faster or not. No issues so far.

Edited by JadeMonkee

Guest AlThePost

Updated MCR 2.8 + TCK 1.8 to the new release and got an instant 'force close' whenever I hit the MENU button. If an app was open then that fc'd, otherwise it was my Home app (PandaHome v1.7.1). Rebooted the handset multiple times but the issue persisted. I've reverted to the previous set-up for now and will try again with a full wipe over the w/e.

Guess Sod's Law had to strike eventually - every previous update has been flawless. Bummed that I'm missing all the fun. :D

Can somebody explain this issue i have in hand

Been playing around with my hero from recovery i wiped factory reset formated the sd fat32 with out ext2 and not converted to ext3 my sdcard reads 1882mb so far so good now my question is are the application being installed going to sd or fone mem if fone mem do i go and do a fat32+ext2+swap to get it installing to the sdcard. or 3.0 will do it automaticaly.

wow paul!!

gr8 job.

i am so liking this 3.0

it is so fast.

but i have a question though!! i have class 4 4gb card, should i get class 6, meaning should i put that much money is it worth!!

will it give me appreciable speed increase.