10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

How about the access to paid apps? Can you 3.0 users see Better Terminal Emulator PRO or twidroid PRO?

Yes,

It all works for me.

If Market doesn't work for paid apps, then try a reboot, that fixed it for me.

There's still something wrong with the WiFi.

Despite I never suspend the wifi (advanced wifi settings), I get disconnected even while using it within few meters of range (802.11g).

Moreover, when a network is recorded as known, it is not recognized immediately but it cat take up to 10 minutes before the supplicant starts the negotiation.

Apart of these issues (that are not new), v3.0 is working fine to me.

Moreover, when a network is recorded as known, it is not recognized immediately but it cat take up to 10 minutes before the supplicant starts the negotiation.

I had this problem once. I think it's hardware related. Removing the battery for 10seconds fixed it for me.

Its downloading on my pc now, strange that it wouldn't download on my Hero.

Same thing happens when I try to dl with Steel as well, only get a bit over 6 kb.

Guest teknologist
I had this problem once. I think it's hardware related. Removing the battery for 10seconds fixed it for me.

Wifi is working great here and instant pickup of my home network !

Guest bbawden
Paul is there any chance that in the HTC inbuilt keyboard thingy, a £ could be added. I mean the thing is set to UK english and it has a bloody $ sign but no £ sign.

Any chance it could be included in the next release or considered?

I would love having the £ sign where the $ sign is - it's a pain having to switch to the symbols to get it.

Great work Paul, as always.

newbie with a newbie question what happens if you forget the password then what does it lock you out forever and if it does does the recovery cost loads of ££££ coz i had a hardisk unlocked and i mean hardware lock not software before and it cost nearly 100 quid well payed becouse had a bit of important data.

If you forget your password (6 digit pincode), you can retreive it online: entering your phonenumber at the wavesecure site and clicking on "Forgot log on info?" should do the trick.

Yep wevesecure not locking when i changed the sim card with 3.0.

anybody got the same problem!

This worries me... can't confirm as i don't have any other sim cards lying around.

Paul, should we contact you or the folks at Wavesecure for this?

Cheers all

I´m using Better Terminal Emulator. You can find it on the market. I find it easier to use it for minor stuff on the phone instead of plugging it to the computer and use adb :D

I found app called "Command Executer". Works fine :(

Guest Gugububu

hello, this is my first time updating from my 2.9 to the new 3.0 :D My question is will a simple rename to update.zip then install in the recovery will do to upgrade from 2.9 to 3.0 :(

Please and thank you!

Guest phillevy

Installed fine over 2.8/1.9 and all seems smooth - I have a major concern though - I use apps2sd but my internal storage has gone down from 77mb to 36mb! Any ideas Paul?

Edited by phillevy

Guest Dr Hotdog
Its downloading on my pc now, strange that it wouldn't download on my Hero.

Some problem here, with the new romraid.com download links I only end up with a 6kB corrupted file when trying to download from the Hero's browser. A shame, as that's my preferred method for updated ROMs, download direct to the Hero via WiFi then use a file manager to move the update.zip files from the download directory to the root directory of the SD card and rename them to something shorter (so I can tell them apart in the recovery image).