10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Is the 'on change SIM' option checked in WaveSecure settings?

P

Thanks Paul for the reply about the pin retrival steps thats great info.

And about the wave secure yes have being playing around the settings unticking auto sim lock rebooting then ticking it on again and rebooting again and changing the sim still no lock, and another thing is the safe sime list always shaded out i mean we cant actually see the list.

I installed that WaveSecure' add on pack. I dont find that app anywhere. How do i enaböe it?

Yeh that happend to me do this update the enhanced(business card,wavesecure ect. addon if wavesecure dont show up in the apps menu download the "wavesecure addon" and update it should show up. strangly when i updated the enhanced addon after wiping everything from the sdcard and rom to do a clean install of the 3.0 the wavesecure dint show up thought i did some thing wrong but business card and wap showed up mmmmmmm buggy huh

Hi,

I just upgraded from 2.9 to 3.0. As I wanted to rebuild my phone from scracth, I decided to wipe it after upgrading.

I just have one problem : I can't find Google Maps any more on the market. No way, even when I try to scan the barcode from androlib ... Same in wifi or 3g.

if anyone has an idea, it would be much appreciated !

edit : ok, I just applied the update.zip again, google maps back online.

very great rom indeed.

I had the same problem with better terminal & app manager couldent find the free verion on market after 3.0 update but lucky me i had a backup now who said backing up dont save money too :D

Blimey MCR3.0 is crashing on me like hell... I've had at least 5 random restarts in past 8 hours.

Speed is a bit poor as well. It feels like I've gone back to stock ROM. :D

YOU PROBABLY HAVE A SOFTWARE CONFLICT ON STARTUP

The best advise i can give you bit pain but it will solve yout problem

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! backup all important data you have from you fone numbers, messeges, apps ect

1. boot to recovery rom wipe data facory reset

2. format SDcard fat32+ext2+swap

3. convert ext2 to ext3 boot add 3.0update to your sd

4. updated New MCR3.0

5. reboot to check that they are no force close or errors

6. boot back to recovery

7. update addons if you need them

8. boot up system and add the files you need back to your sd card from PC

9. add tha apps one by one if you get the crash probs then youll know which app is th culprilt

!!!!Please if anybody noticed i missed a step just recorrect me and make it clear or shorter way of a clean install will be good

I hope this helps to troubleshoot what apps are actualy confilicting with the 3.0.

Edited by mbba

Yeh that happend to me do this update the enhanced(business card,wavesecure ect. addon if wavesecure dont show up in the apps menu download the "wavesecure addon" and update it should show up. strangly when i updated the enhanced addon after wiping everything from the sdcard and rom to do a clean install of the 3.0 the wavesecure dint show up thought i did some thing wrong but business card and wap showed up mmmmmmm buggy huh

I installed it from Adnroid market. Works fine.

Edited by Owdy

Guest pandablue

Paul,

first of all, thank you so much for your hard working

then a small question, when do you think that you could work out the chinese core version?

I installed it from Adnroid market. Works fine.

Thats good but Pauls addon actualy installs it in the ROM and cannot be uninstalled the one you install from the market can be uninstalled see the diffrence on security.

Thats good but Pauls addon actualy installs it in the ROM and cannot be uninstalled the one you install from the market can be uninstalled see the diffrence on security.

Fine, but Pauls version doesnt appear in programs list.

Guest sheppy1

I seem to have lost about 6mb Internal memory but other than that the 3.0 update seems to have seriously sped my phone up, thanks

Edit: Scratch that, I've just noticed that some of the default programs have been re-installed (Tweet, Teeter, Stocks) this will be what caused my memory to drop, great update anyway, thanks again

Edited by sheppy1

Guest sheppy1

Sure enough, just removed a few unused apps and it freed up a lot of space, just noticed that the Google Voice Search widget is in this version too, I've been trying to find this for ages :D so happy with this latest update

Fine, but Pauls version doesnt appear in programs list.

install the wavesecure addon not the enhanced verion i did that and it worked well installing the wavesecure addon will overwrite the one which dint show up on the apps menu

I now realise that coming from 2.8 I've lost internal storage due to relocation of the dalvik-cache - could someone explain how this is beneficial? I can see that is possible to move it to /cache but I'm not sure if this has to be done in conjunction with startup scripts - could someone explain this again if possible?

This helpful tip by agent-5 help me free up mem from 112mb to 156mb

Try this:

Following must be executed from shell whilst phone is running in normal operation mode:

1. Download ADB asuming your using windows copy it to c:\

2. Got to start+run+ type cmd (youll get the MSDOS command propmpt

3. type cd\ (press enter)

4. cd adb Enter

Once your prompt reads c:\adb >>>>>>>follow the setps below.

Note if you typed adb shell and you dint get the # sign do a dir and check if your in the right folder look for ADB.exe.

adb shell

su

busybox df -h

- (You should see /system/sd)

busybox cp -a /data/dalvik-cache /system/sd/

busybox cp -a /data/data system/sd/

exit

exit

- (REBOOT INTO RECOVERY ROM)

Following must be executed from Aman Ra or Cyanogen Recovery ROM

adb shell

mount data

rm -rf /data/data

ln -s /system/sd/data /data/data

rm -rf /data/dalvik-cache

ln -s /system/sd/dalvik-cache /data/dalvik-cache

reboot

--------------------------------

This will move the Davlik cache to your SD card. Also download the TA Utility from Market and move all of your other caches to the SD card.

why should I take the WaveSecure version when I can just download it from the marketplace?

Gives you more security it cant be removed its built in the ROM it self if you cant uninstall it well how that improves the security is for the person who steals you fone to find out.

Guest sheppy1
This helpful tip by agent-5 help me free up mem from 112mb to 156mb

Try this:

Following must be executed from shell whilst phone is running in normal operation mode:

1. Download ADB asuming your using windows copy it to c:\

2. Got to start+run+ type cmd (youll get the MSDOS command propmpt

3. type cd\ (press enter)

4. cd adb Enter

Once your prompt reads c:\adb >>>>>>>follow the setps below.

Note if you typed adb shell and you dint get the # sign do a dir and check if your in the right folder look for ADB.exe.

adb shell

su

busybox df -h

- (You should see /system/sd)

busybox cp -a /data/dalvik-cache /system/sd/

busybox cp -a /data/data system/sd/

exit

exit

- (REBOOT INTO RECOVERY ROM)

Following must be executed from Aman Ra or Cyanogen Recovery ROM

adb shell

mount data

rm -rf /data/data

ln -s /system/sd/data /data/data

rm -rf /data/dalvik-cache

ln -s /system/sd/dalvik-cache /data/dalvik-cache

reboot

--------------------------------

This will move the Davlik cache to your SD card. Also download the TA Utility from Market and move all of your other caches to the SD card.

Take it, it wouldn't be a good idea to do this with my class 2 SD card? lol. Although I'm using APPS2SD and have never had any lagging or slow apps yet

Take it, it wouldn't be a good idea to do this with my class 2 SD card? lol. Although I'm using APPS2SD and have never had any lagging or slow apps yet

Well ill take if i know were to find it been looking for APPS2SD for a while now no luck thats why i go through the pain staking steps where can i find APPS2SD i cannot find it on the market if thats what you mean.

sorry whats wavesecure?

Securty App free offcourse if you lose your fone it locks up if someone changes the sim card and if you in case you want to know where you phone is you can track it online. and backup all your data from fone to your web account and the great thing is if in case you missplaced your fone you cant find it loggon to your account and youll know its still at home or on a bus or train some where taking a trip lol

Guest sheppy1
sorry whats wavesecure?

No that;s not what I meant but anyway APPS2SD is already built into this ROM, you just need to make sure you partition your SD card correctly using the recovery menu and then all of your Apps will install themselves onto the SD card

No that;s not what I meant but anyway APPS2SD is already built into this ROM, you just need to make sure you partition your SD card correctly using the recovery menu and then all of your Apps will install themselves onto the SD card

I C that cleared alot if confusion thanks

Ok here comes the bad newsl for 3.0 it either my istallation or a bug suddenley i start getting force close on Gmap after a reboot and wifi does not work just menaing the bars dont even pop up on the notification bar am resinstalling and see maybe a minor crash or :D hardware probs let you guys know how it goes

Ok here comes the bad newsl for 3.0 it either my istallation or a bug suddenley i start getting force close on Gmap after a reboot and wifi does not work just menaing the bars dont even pop up on the notification bar am resinstalling and see maybe a minor crash or :D hardware probs let you guys know how it goes

Yep just finnished a reupdate for 3.0 wifi back on now going back to the problem was it after i installed wavesecure or before when it crashed i cant remember ill try it again if it crashes then its something to do with wevesecure 4.0 update going to get to the bottom of this.