10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest HellSt0rm

Firefox worked out fine.

Chrome didn't.

Had the app allready from the market, but wanted the added security with the app inside the rom.

Thanks for the replies.

Shall try the "pull" and "push" commands so I can update the program to the newest version.

To remove the the wifi indicator

adb remount

adb shell rm /system/app/*Schwimmer*

adb remount

Guest manish rohra

my handset keeps restarting.. last night i applied this rom as per instructions.. since then it keeps restarting.. it drained the entire battery but was not able to start.. What to do??? i've restored throud nandroid restore. but i want to know what can be the problem.

Firefox worked out fine.

Chrome didn't.

Had the app allready from the market, but wanted the added security with the app inside the rom.

Thanks for the replies.

Shall try the "pull" and "push" commands so I can update the program to the newest version.

I tried using my own push pull commands again, and another user managed to correct one line in the instructions which were an oversight on my behalf. I'm going to modify that post, but just in case you miss it, remember to uninstall the app from the market after pulling it to the PC, so that when you push it, it is the only version on the phone (ie. after pulling the file and uninstalling it, there should be no WS icon in the apps list. After running the push command, it should be back)

I've tested some of the features after what I believe amounts to be a 'wipe' with respect to wavesecure here. It seems that it works perfectly well after losing the settings (ie. I sent a lock command straight after rebooting and erasing the settings folder, and it locked and unlocked remotely just fine!)

Guest Dan Mullen
I tried using my own push pull commands again, and another user managed to correct one line in the instructions which were an oversight on my behalf. I'm going to modify that post, but just in case you miss it, remember to uninstall the app from the market after pulling it to the PC, so that when you push it, it is the only version on the phone (ie. after pulling the file and uninstalling it, there should be no WS icon in the apps list. After running the push command, it should be back)

I've tested some of the features after what I believe amounts to be a 'wipe' with respect to wavesecure here. It seems that it works perfectly well after losing the settings (ie. I sent a lock command straight after rebooting and erasing the settings folder, and it locked and unlocked remotely just fine!)

What are the new features in the two minor point releases since Paul's zipped up version? I'm not sure if it's that important really!

Guest PhonePersona
my handset keeps restarting.. last night i applied this rom as per instructions.. since then it keeps restarting.. it drained the entire battery but was not able to start.. What to do??? i've restored throud nandroid restore. but i want to know what can be the problem.

Run down the list of possible problems.

1. Did you Root your phone properly as instructed?

2. Did you do a proper ROM installation as instructed?

If there were no issues with your phone to begin with, then you should come up aces afterwards.

I find that people tend to gloss over some 'minor detail' and then suddenly things don't work properly.

Read and reread the instructions carefully.

I know its a lot of text, but its all been written down for a reason.

I hope this helps.

Merry Christmas! :)

Guest schlagg

Hi

i'm looking for the modaco 3.0 custom busybox.

i tried to install the busybox normal version (cause Droid Explorer won't work well with the custom one)

but since i've some trouble to connect to my Wifi Router (just before that, i have no issue with any wifi connexion)

Thanks

Guest sjoerdos92
hallo guys is the wifi tether app included, as it says on the first page, cause i just cant seem to find it thanks.

Go to the list of apps on your Hero (MCR 3.0), somewhere near the bottom there is an app called "Wireless Tether for Root Users"; that's the one you need.

Guest masterpfa
for app2sd if i were to install the swap, does it help in performance ?

do i need to install swapper app to enable swap?

No need to install any additional software A2SD is included in MCR 3.0

have a read of the first few posts in this thread or do a search in the forums for A2SD

:)

Guest clarkEEE1
for app2sd if i were to install the swap, does it help in performance ?

do i need to install swapper app to enable swap?

No need to install swapper now with the latest roms that's why we got compache to compress the memory without killing your sd card.

Guest andyt_uk

Firstly Merry Xmas everyone :)

Secondly, does anyone know whether the APN settings will automatically be downloaded again after I wipe the phone and upgrade? I'm on O2 at the moment and having some problems sending/recieving MMS messages. When i initially had the phone it downloaded them and worked fine but then I updated to the new ROM and it no longer worked.

Anyone else had a similar problem or know of a way to resolve the issue? I've got APN's defined for web and mms but it still seems to have a problem with MMS ;)

Cheers

Andy

Guest shokka9
Firstly Merry Xmas everyone :)

Secondly, does anyone know whether the APN settings will automatically be downloaded again after I wipe the phone and upgrade? I'm on O2 at the moment and having some problems sending/recieving MMS messages. When i initially had the phone it downloaded them and worked fine but then I updated to the new ROM and it no longer worked.

Anyone else had a similar problem or know of a way to resolve the issue? I've got APN's defined for web and mms but it still seems to have a problem with MMS ;)

Cheers

Andy

To avoid this happening again (as it can with custom ROMs) download APN Backup & Restore (free from the Marketplace)

Wipe or use when you know all your settings work (ie you can send & receive SMS etc). Run the app, backup your APNs....

When you flash a new ROM, restore APN.

I didnt have to on this latest build, but APNs are included (maybe not yours tho??)

Enjoy & merry xmas everybody....

More food & more drink methinks!!

Guest andyt_uk
To avoid this happening again (as it can with custom ROMs) download APN Backup & Restore (free from the Marketplace)

Wipe or use when you know all your settings work (ie you can send & receive SMS etc). Run the app, backup your APNs....

When you flash a new ROM, restore APN.

I didnt have to on this latest build, but APNs are included (maybe not yours tho??)

Enjoy & merry xmas everybody....

More food & more drink methinks!!

Cheers,

Yes, i've got the app installed although its got copies of the APN's that dont appear to work at the mo :)

I'm running 2.8 at the mo so will update to 3.0 tomorrow as i see thats got a list of APN's built in. Shall see how that goes!

Cheers and yes.. more drink required ;)

Guest Blackfish
To remove the the wifi indicator

adb remount

adb shell rm /system/app/*Schwimmer*

adb remount

Better or simpler way to remove apps: Download ES File Explorer from the market -> open go to the settings and select root explorer...now you can go to the system/app folder and delete what you like...

Better or simpler way to remove apps: Download ES File Explorer from the market -> open go to the settings and select root explorer...now you can go to the system/app folder and delete what you like...

Doesn`t work for me. Does not approve deleting even rooting.

Guest mhshams

hi,

great job, thanks all.

a have 2 questions about Modaco ROM.

1 - about handwriting recognizer. it seems that there is no handwriting recognizer in this ROM.

2 - i need to install persian (Farsi) font to browse persian sites. is there any way ?

Thanks All.

Guest masterpfa

Great worked for me thanks :)

OK, Very strange, looks like somebody is listening to my problems! Just re-started both downloads and got the fastest speed I've ever seen from the internet! Downloaded at average of 740kb/sec on a crappy 8meg broadband!

ORIGINAL:

I think my download of 3.0 might be finished by the time 3.1 comes out next week! Anyone else having ridiculously low download speeds? The rest of my internet speed is fine, but my downloads from romraid server are less than 2kb/s each, have tried restarting the downloads without success.

Does anyone know a mirror of the 3.0 ROM and latest radio's?

Edited by Iggy82

Guest sjoerdos92

Are apps faster when A2SD is applied, or is the phone mem faster? Does the phone store cache on the sdcard, will the phone speed up with a faster sdcard?

I'm thinking of getting a Class 6 SD card for my HTC Hero, but i want to know if it does any good.

Thanks in advance for your support. Very nice ROM, looking forward to 3.1 and... just like the post above....what's MCR3.1 going to give us above 3.0?

Guest clarkEEE1
Are apps faster when A2SD is applied, or is the phone mem faster? Does the phone store cache on the sdcard, will the phone speed up with a faster sdcard?

I'm thinking of getting a Class 6 SD card for my HTC Hero, but i want to know if it does any good.

Thanks in advance for your support. Very nice ROM, looking forward to 3.1 and... just like the post above....what's MCR3.1 going to give us above 3.0?

You can store cache on sd already download ta utility from market, cache mate also is an easy way to clear them.