10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest byakkotai
A very reasonable £9.99 :)

If I wasn't broke until my next student loan instalment I would definitely join. For now I don't mind waiting for the full release.

Guest masterpfa
Hi

What should all the commands be to remove ramzswap?

OK worked it out..

# adb remount

# adb pull /system/init.d/ramzswap.sh ramzswap.sh

# ramzswap.sh

# adb push ramzswap.sh /system/init.d/ramzswap.sh

Using Windows7 and notepad.

Note

Hi Paul,

I may be releasing a TCK 1.91 without compcache for people who are not getting benefits of compache.

I think it will just be a small update.zip that replaces the ramzswap.sh script.

What do you think about this ?

Cheers and heads up for the MCR 3.1! can't wait ! ;-)

also

Yeah, seems sensible... I see in Cyanogen's ROM it's toggleable in Spare Parts. We need something like that! :)

P

Who knows MCR 3.1 official may well have ramzswap as an option or teknologist may have an update.zip????

All looking good on the HERO front.

(Roll on android 2.1 and all it's glory!)

B)

Guest BoogWeed
You will only need 2 partitions. Fat 32 and ext 2/3/4, Swap is no longer required

If you have AmonRa Recovery image 1.5.2 partitioning your SD card is one of the options

Most common configuration for an 8Gb SD card 500k Ext4 The remainder Fat32

Thanks!

Do you mean 500k or 500mb?

I've been using cyanogen recovery, but I think I will try Amon Ra this time round.

What do you recommend?

Edited by BoogWeed

Guest freeasabeer

I can't get wifi working... is this just me or is there anybody else also with non working wifi ?

EDIT: I had to delete all my known networks to get wifi working again!

Edited by freeasabeer

Guest Nanu*1

All paid up and downloaded but before I install I'm thinking of replacing my 8GB class 4 card with the 16gb class 2 out of my Bold, is this a good idea though with me utilising apps to sd or will I not see any noticeable difference??

Guest Carl_Brummy

Well, I have just flashed it, and no problems at all...seems smooth, and appears to boot much faster too...and the finale is to test Copilot on the new version, as this always plays up....and it works perfectly..wow it is really quick.....

Superb stuff! cheers Paul.

This Beta will be replaced by Beta 2 to test the speedup tweaks, once i'm happy everything is good i'll release MCR 3.1, and start work on MCR 3.2. The idea is that my progression between releases is more open for public testing / feedback...

P

Guest thecastlefordkid

I've really hammered this beta since downloading it earlier today. Not one single issue.

For the last two hours I have tried my best to break it and find some bugs but as with all the MCR ROMs, very very stable indeed.

MCR 3.1 all the way for me, no going back to earlier versions. Brilliant.

Can't wait to experience the other performance tweaks in the next releases.

Guest thecastlefordkid
I can't get wifi working... is this just me or is there anybody else also with non working wifi ?

No problem at all with WiFi. It connected straight away for me, possibly quicker than with previous ROMs.

Guest DanH48
This Beta will be replaced by Beta 2 to test the speedup tweaks, once i'm happy everything is good i'll release MCR 3.1, and start work on MCR 3.2. The idea is that my progression between releases is more open for public testing / feedback...

P

Im very intrigued about your tweeks, iv been playing about with the base of this for a bit now and somehow 3.1 is just that bit quicker!

Anyway great job and anything found will be passed on!

Guest freeasabeer
No problem at all with WiFi. It connected straight away for me, possibly quicker than with previous ROMs.

Yeah, problem solved: I had to delete all my known networks to get wifi working again!

Guest Bol2riz

Hi all,

Firstly, thanks to you Paul and Tecknologist for all your hard work. Thanks the other ROM developers too.

I've installed the MCR 3.0 which is awesome and was originaly searching about A2SD info when I've seen your 3.1 update post... is A2SD built in your 3.1 core or should I manually configure it ?

Do you use it on your own device (not for dev purpose) or not?

Thanks and greetings!

Bol2riz

Guest Bol2riz
A2SD is built into my 3.1 core and yeah, I do use it!

P

Thanks for the quick reply...

2 more questions before upgrading :)

- I've tried to read the 159 pages of MCR 3.0 and what is the final word regarding the swap partition? required or not? (especially on your 3.1 ROM)

- I've read that taskiller (and I suppose the other task managers) is not needed anymore on MCR 3.0... Do you confirm? Does Android quit apps and flush memory? Because I still use EStrong task manager and I seem needing it.

thk

Swap partition is optional - out of the box compcache is used, but you *could* use swap if you wanted. I don't actually.

You don't technically need a task manager, I run eRay now and again, but on the whole, Android should already manage your memory.

P

Guest Nanu*1
Class 2 is slower than class 4, so it depends if you need the space! :)

P

I missed out on the 16gb class 6 for £32 from T-Mobile/Three courtesy of Kondor I think I'll keep an eye out for that coming back into stock!

Cheers! :-)

Guest Chris Jenx
Yay, HTC widgets finally work on my devIce now! :)

P

Really odd, the HTC widgets always worked on my device with MCR3.0 no problem. still work now of course. Not sure why people had issues...

Good news anyway B)