10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest munkimatt
Finally, my motivation for doing these ROMs is because I love my Hero and I want to make it as good as possible, simple as that - if someone as talented as, say, Cyanogen comes in and starts developing for the Hero, i'll likely return to a back seat. We'll see.

:D

P

I've upgraded as a thankyou for the efforts you've been putting in, not just on the ROm releases but also an the extremely quick way you deal with and bugs found.

And as for the quote above, I think you've proved that you have quite some talent yourself!

Guest squirreleater

Hello Paul,

Many thanks for all your work, an add free member will be joining you shortly.

I think I may have a bug? When you have the call list/history up and press the persons name/description to ring them it just seems to instantly disconnect them?

Not sure if this is because the network is busy/they are busy (usually I am trying to ring someone straight back after a missed call) or if it is a bug?

Otherwise superb, smoother than the standard Tmobile rom,plus the latest radio seems to be a little better.

BTW-complete Android neebie, followed the video from www.theunlockr.com to root etc. Just a note for fellow noobies, I couldn't get the apb file to show as an apb file, it was showing as a zip, downloading it via firefox fixed it.

Cheers.

Guest munkimatt
I like to get in early with the tweaking (did the same with the Omnia) until the heavyweights arrive... :D

P

Have you heard anything from Cyanogen regarding potential plans to cook ROMS for the Hero?

I've now posted a guide to removing parts of the ROM you don't want - you can find it here!

P

Hi paul,

thanks again, for this new update. But I can't find the guide you are refering to !

Edited by Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the great ROM, the speed is incredible.

I have been browsing the zip file for 1.5.1, and found something which I don't know is correct.

/system/lib has libA2DP.so and liba2dp.so.

Is this correct, or one to much?

edit: file is there from ver 1.0.

could this not cause the issue with A2DP ?

Edited by wimbo

Guest Chris Jenx

Blue Tooth Audio seems to work for me now, using 1.5, I know pioneer are a little different went it comes to BT and Stereo interface.

My Sony Head unit works great with it now, (much better than stock Rom)

Still get a little change in pitch on decoding MP3s might be blue tooth or the Music player its self (or combination). Feel like the phone struggles in trying to keep up with decoding the mp3 and sending over bluetooth. The newer radio and coming roms might address this issue, if not might have a little play with the roms to see if i can "tweak" the blue tooth.

Really the only improvements from the UI now, is opening stuff quicker (if possible) and Album browsing (through photos etc) is still a little jerky..

Still awesome work, applying 1.5.1 now :D

Edited by Chris Jenx

Guest VjezeFur

Hey paul, great work on those ROM's!!! and also great that you let people delete the things the don't need.

I only have 1 question, I want to remove the WAP Browser, but when I type: adb shell rm /system/app/WAP* it gives an error that it can't find the file.

the second line works well.

So now my Wapbrowser won't start but it still is in my menu.

Is the line: adb shell rm /system/app/WAP* not correct?

Edited by VjezeFur

Not that I know of!

P

ok cool. thanks for the wap browser removal fix!

p.s say you remove stuff from rom 1.5, after an update to 1.5.1 you would need to remove it again, correct?

Edited by dalim

Guest vik2001

i did a wipe for 1.4, after that i just been installing the ROMS over the top, been sweet as.

though i think when P releases his ROM for the new HTC hero firmware update, we may need to wipe for that

Guest vik2001

when loading up video clips from websites, when clicking on the play button a new blank screen loads up saying "file access is not authorised"

this happens with any video clip from any site.

anyone else with this??

Guest Igniztion

Just tested both youtube and viddler clips and they worked fine here on 1.5.1

Anyone know the name of the .apk for Custom Locale? I can't seem to find it in /system/app and I don't really need it so it has to go :D

Guest vik2001
Just tested both youtube and viddler clips and they worked fine here on 1.5.1

Anyone know the name of the .apk for Custom Locale? I can't seem to find it in /system/app and I don't really need it so it has to go :D

have u tried a video from http://mobile.spankwire.com

also videos from facebook site give me that error

videos frm youtube site and viddler clips are fine

Edited by vik2001