10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Halvard
I can't get wifi working... is this just me or is there anybody else also with non working wifi ?

EDIT: I had to delete all my known networks to get wifi working again!

Same problem (and fix) for me. Deleting all know networks did the trick.

Guest paaland

Managed to get 3.1b2 to hang. Did clean wipe before applying upgrade. Installed all my apps, configured everything from wifi to exchange, facebook, twitter etc. All fine and dandy. Then the last thing I was to do before going to bed was to set the alarm for tomorrow morning. As soon as I clicked "Alarm sound" the phone froze :) Had to pop off the back cover and remove the battery to revive it. Tried all buttons and even adb shell, but no response.

Guest Bol2riz

Paul,

I've upgraded to MCR 3.1 beta 1 earlier this afternoon and as said I would like to activate A2SD...

Could you confirm that the right choice to activate A2SD on recovery mode is the "part SD:fat32+ext2+swap"?

Amon RA Build is 1.2.3

Will it be ok if I activate it and apply beta 2 at the same time?

Many thanks

Guest Bol2riz
I'd upgrade to the latest recovery tho...

P

If this one is for me to be honnest I didn't understand LOL! What do you mean by tho?

Edited by Bol2riz

Guest Higgsy

Anyone having and issue removing apps such as footprints and HTC Peep? When trying to removed I'm getting "read only file system"? See below

# rm /system/app/*Foot*

rm /system/app/*Foot*

rm: remove '/system/app/HtcFootprints.apk'? y

rm: cannot remove '/system/app/HtcFootprints.apk': Read-only file system

rm: remove '/system/app/HtcFootprints.odex'?

Could remove Drop bear but that is different

Any Ideas?

Then the last thing I was to do before going to bed was to set the alarm for tomorrow morning. As soon as I clicked "Alarm sound" the phone froze :) Had to pop off the back cover and remove the battery to revive it. Tried all buttons and even adb shell, but no response.

Just tried it and couldn't reproduce it. I can select the alarm sound fine. :|

Guest Dan Mullen
Got to say my favourite bit so far is the speed in which the screen orientation changes, instant almost! That was a huge bugbear for me.

Does the camera app open any quicker? That's the biggest delay I ever experience using my Hero!

Guest Dan Mullen
Answer - Yes deffo seems to be

Cheers - the camera is the only feature of the Hero that lets it down. I've missed many a Kodak moment through having to wait half a minute before I can take a photo! The only thing I miss about my old Samsung Innov8.

Guest Dan Mullen
Definitely faster, and the screen rotation's so fluid now, damn.

Definitely worth joining ad free :)

I just have - couldn't resist any longer B)

Guest Dan Mullen
Holy f*cking s***.

Damn it's F-A-S-T, you know FAST. Wow! Awesome Paul!

I see the .odex files have moved back to /system - cool! That's 30MB internal storage space recovered :)

Guest Bol2riz

MCR 3.1 beta 2 works perfectly !!!

Very smooth and quick and really looks reliable.

Paulfor your info I've never face any "force close message" especially acore... since I'm on your romsand compared to the stock one.

Thanks.

Guest huey-t

awesome to hear that the ROM is shaping up nicely! can't wait till the official release. I'd join ad-free to try out the beta if the aussie exchange rate wasn't so douchey. :)

Guest masterpfa
Thanks for your reply. I decided to go with Amon Ra, however I have to downgrade my phone first from 2.73. I'm following the 'Goldcard' method but am having trouble finding the "T-Mobile UK 1.76.110.6 RUU" I've got the non-tmobile, generic one but it doesn't work!

Can anyone provide a link to T-Mobile UK 1.76.110.6 RUU, I've looked around but cant find it as a RUU.

Thanks! :)

Check out Paul's link re: radios

3/4 of the way down is a link for T-Mobile Generic ROMS

T-Mobile UK 1.76.110.6 - download

B)