10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

B) Hi there,

Converting pounds to euros still makes your work diserve the cost :) . Definetly worth the spending. Fantastic job, Paul. Fast, smooth, memory available incredibly high (sustain 92M). Updating from 3.0, 3.1 beta1, and it's getting better and better. Where and when will you stop ? My hero can't follow...

Keep on going, we're addicted !! Don't listen to those who moan about paying.

Thx so much.

Guest Nanu*1

I'm now running 3.1b2 and still no extra widgets, I didn't do a wipe before 3.1b2 though so will try a wipe and fresh install shortly and report back.

One thing I have noticed is just how fast the keyboard is and I haven't managed to replicate the annoying bug where it would hang and select the secondary character, which was perhaps the biggest pain for me! :-)

Guest Konrad Walsh
Hi there,

Can anyone tells what are those new htc widgets?

Thx

Man... I don't know my we are even talking so much about them. They are pretty crappy.

There is a battery widget that shows a battery on screen and levels and there is news and weather which is as it says which kinda looks nice.

There are plenty of alternatives in the market.

I think this conversation is gathering ground cause we'd more like to know why they aren't showing rather than actually having them. That's just my opinion of course. :)

Guest Nanu*1

I agree, they are nothing special and probably won't be used by most including myself, I would just like for them to be available! :-)

EDIT: I can confirm they are now on my Hero after a full wipe! :-)

Edited by Nanu*1

Guest Konrad Walsh
I agree, they are nothing special and probably won't be used by most including myself, I would just like for them to be available! :-)

EDIT: I can confirm they are now on my Hero after a full wipe! :-)

From my WinMo Flashing days... I think this attitude now makes us Android flashing whores

:)

I have noticed one thing.... If I check the load of my Hero after the phone have just been awoken, the load is much more that it was on 3.0.

If I awake my phone and check the load, it is almost 20.... It used to be around 6-7 on 3.0.....

But otherwise, it is working great.... :)

BTJ

Guest Higgsy

G8

Try;

adb remount

first.

Yeah, I'd recommend against doing that...

IDoes _anyone_ use that dopey Footprints app!?

Why not remove dropbear? I always have since it started being included. I don't use it (and have no idea how to).

Yeah tried adb remount and same. Gonna try again in a bit.

Guest Dan Mullen
I'm now running 3.1b2 and still no extra widgets, I didn't do a wipe before 3.1b2 though so will try a wipe and fresh install shortly and report back.

One thing I have noticed is just how fast the keyboard is and I haven't managed to replicate the annoying bug where it would hang and select the secondary character, which was perhaps the biggest pain for me! :-)

I used to have that problem too - haven't seen it since beta 2, yet... fingers crossed!

Did you wipe AFTER installing the ROM? You need to wipe BEFORE.

Don't forget you get to the widgets by going to the homescreen and doing add -> HTC widget.

P

Thanks, but I knew those things, I was just reporting in since I had hoped a wipe might be avoided though I expected it to be necessary, seems I wasn't the only one to be hopeful.

As others are saying, I'll hold off until 2.1 for the big wipe, I think.

Thanks!

Guest kendon

just installed beta2, seems to work fine so far. the keyboard rotation is not really faster, only the "swinging" during the rotation seems smoother.

what i wanted to see was the widgets, they are available in /data/app, the phone boots (which is already an improvement against my own try to add them via adb :)), but i can not use them. oh and yes, i know how to add them to my homescreen B)

Guest kendon
There has been some post on this under the title "A2SD not working" or something similar

it did have, if memory serves me well, some adb commands to check this. :)

adb shell ls -l /data/app

if it's a symlink it is working, otherwise it is a simple directory.

Guest Dan Mullen
just installed beta2, seems to work fine so far. the keyboard rotation is not really faster, only the "swinging" during the rotation seems smoother.

what i wanted to see was the widgets, they are available in /data/app, the phone boots (which is already an improvement against my own try to add them via adb :)), but i can not use them. oh and yes, i know how to add them to my homescreen B)

Are you sure you're clicking on the '+' ??? ;)

Were they working in 3.0 for you?

Guest theFRAGGLE
under mcr3.0 for 2 weeks, and its the second time i lost ma favorites contacts

does this happen to anyone else ???

yes, it happened to me 2 or 3 times. I make a nandroid backup every couple of days and if this happens again I just restore the latest version...

anybody a better idea to avoid this?

Guest Dan Mullen
this is what one of the widgets looks like... i did my best with google to find some pics of all of them...

thumb_450_HTC_battery.jpg

I actually quite like the battery widget, but the others I can do without.

Guest kendon
Are you sure you're clicking on the '+' ??? :)

Were they working in 3.0 for you?

no they weren't, that's the problem. my last wipe was on 2.9 i think, which already was based on the testkeys. i guess i have to wipe once more, but i'll wait for 3.1 final with this... looking forward to install ~300 apps... NOT!

Guest Konrad Walsh
no they weren't, that's the problem. my last wipe was on 2.9 i think, which already was based on the testkeys. i guess i have to wipe once more, but i'll wait for 3.1 final with this... looking forward to install ~300 apps... NOT!

I was using titanium but found astro file manager tools a little better for me.. but i dont think it saves market info