10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest MagnusPedersen
ok cool. thanks for the wap browser removal fix!

p.s say you remove stuff from rom 1.5, after an update to 1.5.1 you would need to remove it again, correct?

Yup, just did...

Guest Igniztion
It's in /data/app :D

P

Stupid me, of course it is.... Thanks for all your efforts Paul. Loving the ROM.

@vik2001: Heh, interesting site :angry: Can't get the videos to work though. Streaming Media Player just says unable to connect.

hi, is it possible that you have removed the scenes from the rom? i installed your 1.5.1 rom twice and when the hero reboots there are no widgets on the desktop. when i switch to a other scene then nothing happens... (i have wipped my data partition before i update the rom)

i found a second problem when i try to write back my sms database file from my previous rom. the threads are not accessable. when i try to open a thread it sucks...

i just found diffeneces in the databases of the custom rom and my old one. i'm now investigating this...

found the problem:

table "sms" got a new column called "index_on_sms"

i just added the column to the database and applied a "-1" to every message that i received and now it worked for me. but i dont have any contacts on my sim, so other people have to apply here the real values for the "index_on_sms"

how do you get your old messages on the new rom?

Edited by patzek

Guest rico2k_uk

Hi Paul - Firstly EXCELLENT WORK!!!

Although you do put these out at a wicked quick pase! Trying hard to keep up, so created some batch files to speed up install proceses. Anyway, was wondering if you can install Sim Checker on the /system/app folder (I have to reinstall every time which is a pain), and add some custom ringtones inthe system/media/audio/ringtone directory.

Also, can you remove HTC sync also?

Guest AlThePost
Just realised I completely removed the boot screens!

I'm missing the lockscreen swipe bar thingummy here too. Anyone else?

p.s. Scenes still appear to work okay

/Al

Edited by AlThePost

Guest Igniztion

Scenes and lockscreen swipebar works fine here. Only error I've noticed so far is the missing boot screens.

Actually...

In chompSMS, the "autocomplete" feature when entering a name/number in the To: box doesn't work, and if I enter a number manually and click send, the app Force Closes.

It all works fine in Messages app though.

Guest anderneo
Hi Paul - Firstly EXCELLENT WORK!!!

Although you do put these out at a wicked quick pase! Trying hard to keep up, so created some batch files to speed up install proceses. Anyway, was wondering if you can install Sim Checker on the /system/app folder (I have to reinstall every time which is a pain), and add some custom ringtones inthe system/media/audio/ringtone directory.

Also, can you remove HTC sync also?

Hi Rico,

In this post he explains how to remove HTC Sync: http://tinyurl.com/kup99u

So check that.

As for the rest, Paul must answer :D

Thnx

Guest anderneo
Scenes and lockscreen swipebar works fine here. Only error I've noticed so far is the missing boot screens.

Actually...

In chompSMS, the "autocomplete" feature when entering a name/number in the To: box doesn't work, and if I enter a number manually and click send, the app Force Closes.

It all works fine in Messages app though.

Try reïnstalling the app. Tried it here and it works fine. Have you restored your messages?

And: which version are you using?

Guest Igniztion
Try reïnstalling the app. Tried it here and it works fine. Have you restored your messages?

And: which version are you using?

Reinstalled the app and the autocomplete works fine. Still get an error when trying to send to a manually entered number, but that might be an error in chompSMS though. Using version 2.8.

The logcat output seems to pub the error in chompSMS.

Guest rico2k_uk
Hi Rico,

In this post he explains how to remove HTC Sync: http://tinyurl.com/kup99u

So check that.

As for the rest, Paul must answer :D

Thnx

Hey anderneo - Yeah, I know how to do it (thanksf or the link tho!), but its just a pain having to do it each upload.

But for all I have created a bat file that will help to speed things up if you want to get a copy?

Just realised I completely removed the boot screens!

I'll put them back in a future build :D

P

Seeing as the boot screens are only gif files does it mean you can put your own on?

It looks like RUU_Hero_HTC_WWE_2.73.405.5_WWE_release_signed_NoDriver.exe has leaked (or is leaking)... when that becomes widely available 1.6 will be based on it.

P

Guest IdleVoid

Hmm... I'd better wait till I'm sure it's there. I tried it a couple of times on my diamond, and I regret it every time :) At least untill I found a ROM with the language :)

*if anyone else see's that the danish T9 is there, please let me know. I'm nearly acking to do the upgrade, I just need that to be in there :) *

Hi ZiCoN

I'm not I follow you, the Danish T9 has been there since it came offcially to denmark. My phone had it, just no danish keyboard and language in the phone itself.

But the T9 was there and worked, which it still does with the modaco version 1.5.1. I'm not 100% sure that the GUI is completely done with danish translation.

Btw, the 1.5.1 seems to have better connection then the 1.4 and 1.5, which I find weird since, to my understanding, didn't include improvements to those things.

But anyway... it works great the 1.5.1.

To Paul: Your the man!!!

/VI

Guest IdleVoid
does the custom.apk only change the language in menus or does it also include keyboard/dictonary?

Hi Marianne2

In my case (which is Danish) it includes both the menus and dictionary. I haven't found proof yet of the layout of the qwerty keyboard also has changed.

It might by that it's not needed for Danish (?)..I'm not sure.

/VI

Guest Igniztion
It looks like RUU_Hero_HTC_WWE_2.73.405.5_WWE_release_signed_NoDriver.exe has leaked (or is leaking)... when that becomes widely available 1.6 will be based on it.

P

Wee, that was fast :)

BTW: Has anyone noticed if there are still problems receiving SMS since Paul started using the leaked update? A lot of people are reporting that some SMS never show up when using the original ROM, and HTC says that it should be fixed in the upcoming update. I've never experienced this myself though, or at least not to my knowledge.