10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest masterpfa
well after getting my Tmobile in Nov and using the great roms Paul has produced I have now subscribed and updated my phone with the 3.1 beta v 2

I am glad to say All went well

I did a wipe first and upon first boot checked for the new widgets everyone is on about There all here!!

This is my first post so a Big HI to everyone and thanks again to paul for all his great work

Craig

Welcome Craig

Glad to here you made the same move, for me it was prompted by the delays T-Mobile put in place with the first update released by HTC

Haven't looked back since!

:)

Guest masterpfa
One day with beta 2 and everything works perfect. A very great rom.

Just one request. Is there any posibility of (while browsing) launch YouTube videos with the app instead of HTC flash?

I have installed Dolphin Browser and this gives you the option to Download, play with Flash Player or You Tube!

Guest masterpfa
Hi all,

FYI: I have just sent Titanium Backup 2.1.9 Beta to Paul, as a candidate for inclusion in MoDaCo ROM 3.1 B)

(2.2.0 is out, but it contains only fixes - ie: gzip compression support - for non-MoDaCo users, and is much less tested).

Great news Keramidas, I had been having trouble trying to use your backup with MCR 3.1 Beta 1&2

Guest commodoor
Yeah, that's coming too (a MCR settings app with update functionality is being developed now)...

P

Super great to hear that, you are awsome

Guest kendon
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I still don't get it: Since /data is a mount point that refers to memory that lives on the phone, how does it "know" that you reformatted the card?

i'm not sure i get what you are thinking... /data is a mountpoint for the phone memory, what the apps2sd script does is mount the ext partition of the sdcard under /data/app (and /data/app-private)...

As far as the purpose of reformatting, I am assuming that the apps2sd application can only save to an ext2/3/4 partition; this is interesting as it means that apps2sd must bypass regular system calls when performing I/O, otherwise the way the card is formatted wouldn't matter.

why does it need to bypass anything? the system has access to the filesystem, and from there it is transparent what is mounted to the individual mountpoints. it has to be extN because of filepermissions...

Guest werziluk

I am not a big fan of Sense but just flashed and tested this RC1 build and im totally shocked at how smooth it is. Still some Sense lag but nothing compared to what I last experienced.

Really can not wait for the custom ROM kitchen :)

Two questions before I carry on, I guess AppsSD is automatic in this ROM and also which is the best radio to use? I have been told elsewhere that the latest radio is not so good on Android 1.5....

Edited by werziluk

Guest Keramidas
Great news Keramidas, I had been having trouble trying to use your backup with MCR 3.1 Beta 1&2

Hi masterpfa,

Could you please give a few more details on your problem ? And is that specific to MCR 3.1 Beta ? (Please respond in the Titanium Backup thread, as I'm not following this topic. Thanks !)

Guest genocida

My results with RC1

Graphic: 112.302284

CPU: 161.01883

Memory: 143.08932

Filesystem:18.915

The Filesystem score is lower than Beta 2 and the scrolling is a little bad.

Guest masterpfa
I am not a big fan of Sense but just flashed and tested this RC1 build and im totally shocked at how smooth it is. Still some Sense lag but nothing compared to what I last experienced.

Really can not wait for the custom ROM kitchen :)

Two questions before I carry on, I guess AppsSD is automatic in this ROM and also which is the best radio to use? I have been told elsewhere that the latest radio is not so good on Android 1.5....

You can always try an app such as Home Switcher

This allows you to switch between, for example, HTC Sense or Default Android, ro for that matter any Home applications you have.

Give you the option to have any of these home applications to open as default.

Guest sphinxy

Going to test this out right now.

Just donated as i thought i'd give you some support after seeing the new "Custom Custom" MCR feature coming soon.

Very nice to seeing you do so much awesome android stuff for us :)

I am not a big fan of Sense but just flashed and tested this RC1 build and im totally shocked at how smooth it is.

+1 Awesome work Paul. Sense now performs in my eyes as it should. super smooth here.

My results with RC1

Graphic: 112.302284

CPU: 161.01883

Memory: 143.08932

Filesystem:18.915

The Filesystem score is lower than Beta 2 and the scrolling is a little bad.

That's my feeling as well, that Beta 2 was faster...

BTJ

Guest Dan Mullen
You can always try an app such as Home Switcher

This allows you to switch between, for example, HTC Sense or Default Android, ro for that matter any Home applications you have.

Give you the option to have any of these home applications to open as default.

You just have to go to Manage Applications then clear the defaults for HTC Sense. Then, whenever you press the Home key, you'll be given the option of whether to use Sense or vanilla Android home.

Guest masterpfa
You just have to go to Manage Applications then clear the defaults for HTC Sense. Then, whenever you press the Home key, you'll be given the option of whether to use Sense or vanilla Android home.

I had tried that once and in a ***** moment (so as not to offend any ***** people here :) ), I ticked the 'use as default' choice and couldn't get back to HTC sence until I did a Nandroid Backup.

I had tried that once and in a ***** moment (so as not to offend any ***** people here :) ), I ticked the 'use as default' choice and couldn't get back to HTC sence until I did a Nandroid Backup.

Sounds annoying, clearing the default again should have solved that though. Was the option not there?

freddy87, click the 'add' button on the homescreen, then select HTC widgets and they should be in there (as long as you installed AFTER or without wiping).

P