10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Dan Mullen
I had tried that once and in a ***** moment (so as not to offend any ***** people here B) ), I ticked the 'use as default' choice and couldn't get back to HTC sence until I did a Nandroid Backup.

You just do the same - clear the defaults for the app called "Home" :)

Guest agony&htc
i'm not sure i get what you are thinking... /data is a mountpoint for the phone memory, what the apps2sd script does is mount the ext partition of the sdcard under /data/app (and /data/app-private)...

Thanks again; I am not usually so dense... You actually cleared up my confusion with an earlier post, when you pointed out that it was the wipe not the reformatting that accounted for the loss of config info.

why does it need to bypass anything? the system has access to the filesystem, and from there it is transparent what is mounted to the individual mountpoints. it has to be extN because of filepermissions...

Again, I now get it: extN file permissions make it appear differently to apps2sd than would, say, a fat32 system. Now it make sense...

Guest freddy87
freddy87, click the 'add' button on the homescreen, then select HTC widgets and they should be in there (as long as you installed AFTER or without wiping).

P

hi paul,

thank you for your fast answer!

yea there are all htc widgets that i've had before too

i thought you meant the new widgets (akku etc.. ) are included.

i also tried to install the htc akku (Battery Widget) widget over market and it said: not compatible update

thnx

br

Guest kendon
hi paul,

thank you for your fast answer!

yea there are all htc widgets that i've had before too

i thought you meant the new widgets (akku etc.. ) are included.

i also tried to install the htc akku (Battery Widget) widget over market and it said: not compatible update

thnx

br

you need to wipe then. and maybe reflash 3.1rc1 again after the wipe.

Guest werziluk

Thanks for the home/sense info guys but Paul has actually converted me back to Sense :) No need to mess around with this awesome ROM.

One other thing, when I install apps I noticed some memory (approx 20% of the total app size) gets taken up on phone. On other ROMs ive used its either been none at all or so much less that I have not even noticed. Is this just to do with your build and if its helping with the smoothness then I dont really mind lol

Guest kendon
Thanks again; I am not usually so dense... You actually cleared up my confusion with an earlier post, when you pointed out that it was the wipe not the reformatting that accounted for the loss of config info.

Again, I now get it: extN file permissions make it appear differently to apps2sd than would, say, a fat32 system. Now it make sense...

ok, i think you got it :) glad i could help

Guest bteong0
Any hints on when you're going to release MCR 3.1 ?

I have itchy fingers, and little money so no ad-free sub for me :)

uhhh. straight fwd answer. when P's piggy bank is full.

Guest Dan Mullen
When it's stable. As you can see, i'm still tweaking!

It'll hopefully co-incide with having MoDaCo CustomCustom ROM ready. :)

P

Was there ever a conclusion on whether there was actually a problem with the phone sleeping for NetCounter users? It's the only thing keeping me from going from beta2 to RC1.

Guest masterpfa
You just do the same - clear the defaults for the app called "Home" B)

At the time couldn't find it, plus had to revert to a back up anyway.

:)

Guest geovass
When it's stable. As you can see, i'm still tweaking!

It'll hopefully co-incide with having MoDaCo CustomCustom ROM ready. :)

P

Paul, would you consider a white top bar with eclair stock icons :-) - As an add on perhaps ?

That would be great for someone (like myself!) who doesn't need all these rosie.apk, htc stuff and would like to see the original android theme with your own magical customized ROM :-)))))))))

That would make a VERY VERY fast ROM !!!

Edited by geovass

Paul, would you consider a white top bar with eclair stock icons :-) - As an add on perhaps ?

That would be great for someone (like myself!) who doesn't need all these rosie.apk, htc stuff and would like to see the original android theme with your own magical customized ROM :-)))))))))

That would make a VERY VERY fast ROM !!!

i would like to see this too... you could add a theme for the top bar... but of course it would be cool to be default but maybe this is the better place for this request?

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...stomcustom-rom/

What's the language about this rom?

Thank's

You don't need a special language in android, you can change it by using for example "more locale" etc

but i think this one is default shipped with the default android languages don't know them all think german, french, english, spanish don't know more yet

Edited by qvert

Guest BandedHawk

RC1 installed and still pretty fast but feels a little slower than Beta 2? Nothing conclusive though. Great work as always. :)

I had to factory reset my system to get HTC widgets to install. That was a lot of re-configuring to get back to my original set up!

One question - is there a possibility of getting Plurk back, at least as a custom option? B)

Guest theFRAGGLE

I cannot connect to my WiFi network. "No wifi available" - but it worked with 3.0.

No other issues so far. And it is pretty fast.

Should I wipe and reinstall the RC?

Guest geovass
I'd like to do a version with eclair icons, but that said, with 2.1 around the corner, i'm not sure if it's worth it!

P

Even if 2.1 is around the corner - it would be full of HTC Customizations :-(

We want eclair icon white top bar on .66 :-)))))))))))))

Edited by geovass

RC2 online!

Changelog

RC2

- Added Titanium Backup

- Minor tweaks

Assuming no show-stopping issues, RC2 will become the release version. It will get a general release at the same time as I make MoDaCo CustomCustom ROM available (not sure how long that'll take yet, but it'll make sense for the two to co-incide).

P

Guest Dan Mullen
RC2 online!

Changelog

RC2

- Added Titanium Backup

- Minor tweaks

Assuming no show-stopping issues, RC2 will become the release version. It will get a general release at the same time as I make MoDaCo CustomCustom ROM available (not sure how long that'll take yet, but it'll make sense for the two to co-incide).

P

Some quick feedback on beta 2 Paul... WiFi Tether always force closes. Don't know if this has been fixed in RC1 or 2?