10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

If you reboot the phone, you'll find that it takes longer than usual to start up. This is because the dalvik-cache is being recreated, although this time the 30MB worth of .odex files in /system/app won't be created.

I.e. I can delete all my *.odex files in/system/app ?

BTJ

Guest commodoor

I have one issue though i forgot to mention it.

When i'm listening to music through BT, the phone gets slowed down sometimes really laggy, and when the phone is syncing (or checking mails etc) the music begins to lag. i think its a issue with the kernel (BT drivers). i had this with every rom MCR 2.x/3.x.

this only happens when i'm listening music. it doens lag if the BT headset is connected and doesnt nothing through it (like standby)

Can plz someone test this (if he/she has a BT headset)

Guest Dan Mullen
I.e. I can delete all my *.odex files in/system/app ?

BTJ

No, leave them there. In MCR 2.9 and 3.0, those files were moved from /system/app to /data/dalvik-cache. This meant that an extra 30MB of internal storage space was being used. In 3.1, they have been moved back again. If you're upgrading from 2.9 or 3.0, those 30MB of files will still be in the dalvik-cache, so wiping it and letting it recreate itself will recover the lost space :)

Guest intronauta

Mmmm.

I see in top than system_server uses a little more of %CPU in the same conditions (sleep mode) than MCR 3.0.

0.5%,3.1%,5%, 3%,0.7%,5%, 3%....(in one minute) It's not much but don't like. Someone with the same "problem"?

EDIT: solved at restart :S

Edited by intronauta

Guest yabolek

Just payed for adfree and downloaded the RC2 (which is fast, as everyone here describe).

It's a very good idea to give something extra for the donating users.

Keep up the good work!

Guest thecastlefordkid

I'll be working out in Dubai next week and will be relying on my Hero for keeping in contact with the UK office. I'm confident that RC2 won't let me down.

Will be interesting to see how RC2 copes with switching between the various networks, using data connections etc.

Guest n1g3lt

Update applied within a few mins.......

WOW!!!!!!!.....WAT A DIFFERENCE.....AND I WANA SHOUT THIS FROM THE ROOOOOFTOPS!!!

seriously...whatever youve dun is truly phenomenal.....the best 9.99 ive spent in a long while....theres only so much of a laggy HTC hero phone u can put up with..... :-D

Guest theFRAGGLE
Did you read Post #25 of this thread ?

Doh* Thanks a lot. WiFi is working now, after deleting the saved spots.

Everything is OK. And it is faaast :-)

Guest keef319

All seems very good so far, except for a few apps missing in the Market.

This time round I did a full wipe of data and SD ext etc. Strange how some apps remain after doing that. So I removed them manually to give myself as clean a phone as possible. Then started the set up.

Paid apps remained in the "my downloads" list in the Market. I started to download the apps I wanted...NO GOOGLE MAPS!!! D'OH!!!

Also missing was the LloydsTSB app, and a couple of others, an nba app I was using, comes to mind.

Most annoyed about the Google Maps though!! How can that be missing!? :)

Guest rob_turner_uk
All seems very good so far, except for a few apps missing in the Market.

This time round I did a full wipe of data and SD ext etc. Strange how some apps remain after doing that. So I removed them manually to give myself as clean a phone as possible. Then started the set up.

Paid apps remained in the "my downloads" list in the Market. I started to download the apps I wanted...NO GOOGLE MAPS!!! D'OH!!!

Also missing was the LloydsTSB app, and a couple of others, an nba app I was using, comes to mind.

Most annoyed about the Google Maps though!! How can that be missing!? :)

What lloyds tsb app?

Guest keef319
What lloyds tsb app?

Lloyds TSB app that WAS available in the market until I wiped and updated to 3.1... :)

Edited by keef319

Well it seems to be running ok, but cant see any of the new HTC widgets on the menu anywhere ?

Been covered a few times in the thread now... ...I asked too.

You need to perform a wipe before you install the ROM. You can Wipe now and then reinstall and it should all be fine.

Guest lemmingzappa
Been covered a few times in the thread now... ...I asked too.

You need to perform a wipe before you install the ROM. You can Wipe now and then reinstall and it should all be fine.

Sorry !

I should have read all the pages before I posted, i'll give this a try now.

Guest Heppieboeddah

Updated from 2.5.1core now to 3.1rc2. Did no wipe and all apps are working fine. My next update will be MCR4.0 based on android 2.1...:-)

Thanx Paul for all youre work..;p