10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest windz80
I'm sure windz80 has a perfectly good explanation...

P

no disrespect but i jus google it and downloaded the rom..

since i am not supose to ask here i will try to figure out myself.

thanks for the great rom thu.. :)

Guest Laurentbon

Thank you Ikamatos.

I am confused as to the reason why the Firmware version reported in "About Phone" is 1.5 with MoDaCo image where the latest available in the standard image is 1.6?

Cheers,

L

Edited by Laurentbon

Guest justbabu
no disrespect but i jus google it and downloaded the rom..

since i am not supose to ask here i will try to figure out myself.

thanks for the great rom thu.. :)

With all due DISRESPECT, you have the audacity to come on here asking for support for a ROM you must have found on a torrent site when you had already joined this forum on 30th November? Come on - pull the other one!

Guest windz80
With all due DISRESPECT, you have the audacity to come on here asking for support for a ROM you must have found on a torrent site when you had already joined this forum on 30th November? Come on - pull the other one!

so what? are you going to sue or arrest me?

Guest justbabu
so what? are you going to sue or arrest me?

No, don't be stupid.

It just goes to show that you are willing to partake of the work that Paul has put in but you have no intention of rewarding him for the past work that you have obviously taken advantage of.

If you really wanted to try the limited beta you should have become either an ad free or plus member and downloaded legitimately. Or if you did not want to contribute anything you could have just waited for the actual release rather than download off some other site.

I'm sure you'll be able to figure out how to fix your phone.

Guest cosy6ay

how to sign up as member?

The kitchen looks so great, Paul. Cant wait for tomorrow to take a full look at it, though I'm not yet an ad free member, but maybe :)

Guest stevenz

Would it be worth linking the removal of all the Rosie-dependant widgets to the removal of Rosie itself? Obviously they won't be running so all they'll be doing is taking up space on the system partition which isn't a big deal, but it'd cut the d/l size.

You know it!

+1

+1 here. I'll be on the lookout for that username in a few days/weeks time with that same issue, and if so, then it'll be :) B) ;)

I'm not ad-free (financial situation), but I don't see any need to 'steal' this. I'll just stick with MCR3.0 for now (I always tend to stick to the present release 'minus 1' just to be aware of what bugs exist)

So, good work Paul, and don't let the odd one or two get in the way of what sounds like it should be pretty amazing...

(@All, any consensus on if RC2 is slower than RC1? I've seen it mentioned, but can't try it myself for now. Just seems strange, since everything Paul makes always seems to get progressively faster over time)

Thank you Ikamatos.

I am confused as to the reason why the Firmware version reported in "About Phone" is 1.5 with MoDaCo image where the latest available in the standard image is 1.6?

Cheers,

L

1.5 is the latest officialy available for the hero.

Guest shenshang

Thanks Paul for the awesome ROM, now my phone really is flying like a Hero should. It's fixed 2 main issues with the previous roms :) google contacts sync error and htc widgets B) one issue i had was that a few days ago, my phone could connect to wifi but any internet app was opened, it got disconnected, so i rebooted my phone, then it got stuck on the Hero splash. Couldnt do anything so i had to reflash the update.zip then it worked fine...

"MCCR - It doesn't JUST work great, it LOOKS great too..."

Is there a download-link ???

I am a MoDaCo Ad Free user

Thanks

Edited by wraku

Guest commodoor
Would it be worth linking the removal of all the Rosie-dependant widgets to the removal of Rosie itself? Obviously they won't be running so all they'll be doing is taking up space on the system partition which isn't a big deal, but it'd cut the d/l size.

No not really, if i don't want the HTC UI but maybe I want the HTC keyboard. i like the HTC keyboard. some stuff of HTC are great but they have to make the rosie better and faster. if you compare the original rosie and the one from Paul you will see a huge difference and i know Paul hasn't the source for it so he made everything faster without the source, so i think HTC has to do a better job.

and btw when we use mccr, can we just update or do we have to wipe first?