10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Formel-LMS

Again, many many thanks for that real awesome kitchen here!!!

I've got two things I don't understand.

1. I've unchecked the HTCStock. But in system/app is the DCSStock.apk.

Is that right? I've thougt, that the unchecked things are not on it.

I've manually deleted it before installing.

2. I've unchecked SenseUI. Isn't it better that this can delete the Sense Widgets, too?

Theres only rosie.apk deleted, right?

I hope, I didn't blame me with this questions. I think, there's something wrong.

Guest PhonePersona
Baked and I'm loving it :)

I had a strange fault on first boot. I couldn't enter my pin. The Phone started fine but I didn't get the number pad to enter my pin, instead it went straight to my home screen and I had no phone service. After airplane-mode on and off I got the number pad and could enter my pin. On the next reboot it worked as i should.

I'm also wonder if you could put an option to exclude Google Talk.

'Number Pad'?

What number pad?

So far as I know, there's a pattern matching security feature on Android, but I've never seen an alphanumeric pad before.

I ask because the lack of a number pad is the reason I cannot access and sync my office exchange mail with my phone, so if there's a number pad somewhere, this is of great interest to me.

Thanks.

Guest Skywrit3r
'Number Pad'?

What number pad?

So far as I know, there's a pattern matching security feature on Android, but I've never seen an alphanumeric pad before.

I ask because the lack of a number pad is the reason I cannot access and sync my office exchange mail with my phone, so if there's a number pad somewhere, this is of great interest to me.

Thanks.

If you have a pin protected sim-card you need to enter that pin before you can use the phone. When you first start the phone or come out of airplane-mode you get a numeric dial pad to enter your pin. If you don't then you won't be able to make or recive phone calls.

Great job, Paul!

Hey, how about an option in the kitchen to install the PDF Viewer? I never view PDFs on my mobile devices, so I manually removed it with ConnectBot.

Guest masterpfa
I should probably highlight which items are on /data in the first post.

P

This might be a good idea Paul, may save a lot of questions

P.S. Thanks for the privileged of pre testing this project.

I had no problems with the Bake or customising my ROMS (I got greedy and tried quite a few combinations)

been a very happy Chef all week end! :)

Guest mac-attack
The script is now sitting on it's own box, so aside from anything else it won't bring MoDaCo down with it! :)

Now looking for a reasonably priced box with TONS of CPU, a lot of bandwidth, a fair bit of disk space and plenty of bandwidth.

P

PS This is why it's a premium-member-only service...

try cwcs.co.uk, i had a starter vpn from them, very impressed with the speediness and their support.

Stay away from fasthosts.co.uk though, real nightmare company, trust me B)

Thanks Paul! Baked and installed with no problems so far.

One big thing I've noticed is that the Market is more responsive with its search, it used to have about 75% sense rate on the search button and now its 99%.

Thanks again!

Thanks!

I can't find the HTC widgets, using 3.1 ...

Furthermore, when I tried to install them from the market I got the same old error (can't install)

Same here...

Guest masterpfa
well i watched it roll up to 1003 then got bored! ;-S

Tell the truth I stopped at 63 but just a way of saying Thanks to Paul a million times (63 in my case!)

:)

Guest thecastlefordkid

All was going good until I tried to bake again without HTC Sync then got a bad file message when trying to flash :)

EDIT: Baked the ROM again with exactly the same selections, all good. Must have been a minor blip

EDIT......again : wooaahhh......flashed without a wipe, 30 seconds to boot up. How can that be so quick? Paul, this is gooooooooood!!! B)

Edited by thecastlefordkid

Hi im tempted to flash 3.1 but some people say its great and others say thay have problems. It will be my first time flashing a custom rom so still making up my mind. Iv done a nandroid backup just incase..... Any words of advice would be welcome :)

Just baked my custom MCR, amazingly small with just 83MB. Let's see how it's doing after installing it (without wipe) and removing some more apps by hand. It's hard to believe it can improve the already so fast 3.1RC2 anymore :)

Guest BandedHawk

Is Radio JU_6.35.09.26 to be used with this ROM? I noticed some people complaining that this latest radio didn't work and just wanted to confirm what the recommended radio was.

Guest hally83

Just flashed to this after flashing to 3.0 yesterday. Also flashed the latest radio and no problems at all! wifi, GPS, copilot etc all working.

Thanks!

Guest thecastlefordkid
168 builds, 157 unique. I'm shocked! Genuinely!

P

By my reckoning, there's about 576 possible combinations and if you average 100mb per ROM, that's around 58GB.

(sorry, I'm a bit of geek when it comes to this kind of stuff)

Guest Chicaned

Hi Paul,

Baked a rom without Google Maps and Google Voice Search. Now I can't find them in the marketplace to download the latest versions. Any ideas? BTW I did a clean install ;-)

Keep up the great work.

Edited by Chicaned

Guest stevenz

Working happily here in a very stripped-out form.

As well as disabling everything except Notes, I also removed;

Talk

HtcSoundRecorder

YouTube

HtcRingtoneTrimmer

Clean boot has me sitting at over 100MB RAM free (according to TasKiller) and less than 1% idle CPU usage. Sweet. CompCache and A2SD are also disabled (it's that stripped down I've more use for the speed gain than the space gain).

Liking it, thanks Paul!