10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest vik2001
Currently uploading the 2.73.05.5 in update.zip format without radio, update.zip format with radio, update.zip simple rooted and full windows RUU format.

I will update my updates post as the uploads complete. Wish my DSL uplink was quicker! :)

P

will the phone need a wipe with this new release update, wot u gna recommend?

i followed u so far, but whats "full windows RUU format" mean?

Guest phillevy

Hi - this is my first post here and have just flashed your amazing 1.5.1 ROM and would like to thank you for such an amazing improvement! I seem to have one problem that I'm not sure is specific to the ROM - basically even though all my contacts photos show up in the people app, my favourites won't in the Home screen people widget - this applies to facebook photos or ones I have added myself. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi - this is my first post here and have just flashed your amazing 1.5.1 ROM and would like to thank you for such an amazing improvement! I seem to have one problem that I'm not sure is specific to the ROM - basically even though all my contacts photos show up in the people app, my favourites won't in the Home screen people widget - this applies to facebook photos or ones I have added myself. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

try scrolling left with the trackerball! then all your contacts will show.

Guest phillevy
try scrolling left with the trackerball! then all your contacts will show.

Thanks - but the actual problem I have is with the contact shortcuts on the homescreen widget - none of their photos are showing.

Now available for download in my updates post:

HTC Generic 2.73.405.5

HTC Generic 2.73.405.5 rooted

HTC Generic 2.73.405.5 full Windows RUU

I will be posting MoDaCo Custom ROM 1.6 tomorrow, which will be the rooted 2.73.405.5 with A2SD and my custom tweaks.

:)

P

Guest tone-fu

I've run into problems with the 1.4 update. After a few days of working fine the messages app no longer works. You can go in and read texts, type a reply but when you try and send it says that the app 'android.messages.something' has encountered a problem and must close, this is permanent, even after a battery pull.

Edited by tone-fu

Guest Seaview

can we add google maps back in the ROM, reason is simple, we can NOT find google maps in Market within China, do not why but that is ture here.

while we install google maps 3.11 or 3.12 from apk file, everything seems Okay, BUT only one serious bug, the position always floating and not match the reality well, it works well in the previous version before we update to this ROM.

any suggestion?

Guest BoogWeed
I've run into problems with the 1.4 update. After a few days of working fine the messages app no longer works. You can go in and read texts, type a reply but when you try and send it says that the app 'android.messages.something' has encountered a problem and must close, this is permanent, even after a battery pull.

I got a very similar problem using v1.5.1, but with chompSms, not the starndard messages app (which works fine). If I reply to an sms, its fine, but if i create a new sms it crashes with an error message and forces close when I try to send he sms.

I *THINK* this only started happening after I updated to the 63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18 radio.

I'm hoping tomorrow's 1.6 release will sort it out....

When will Android Donut 1.6 release and Hero (cupcake now!) will be able to upgrade or not? :)

Just seen the new Android Market of Donus (with screenshots of app), look very nice.

Guest eagle.al

Hello Paul !

I Have one request, could you please compile this rom HTC Generic 2.73.405.5, with root and a2sd only,no tweaks(hopefull 2.73.405.5 wont need them),no extra apps, I think thats all i need :) . And this might keep me from flashing new updates everyday :) . cheers

Edited by eagle.al

Guest anderneo

I'm like.. tired.. but at work now and waiting for the new rom.. Great work Paul :).

Note to others: SMS problems have probably got to do with a changed database where the text messages are saved. I believe I saw something about that. Will try to look into that.

Guest VjezeFur
Hello Paul !

I Have one request, could you please compile this rom HTC Generic 2.73.405.5, with root and a2sd only,no tweaks(hopefull 2.73.405.5 wont need them),no extra apps, I think thats all i need :) . And this might keep me from flashing new updates everyday :) . cheers

I would like that to. I would love 2 try the difference between the HTC Generic 2.73.405.5, with root an A2SD, and your great work at your Custom Roms.

Can you please post a Generic 2.73.405.5 with only Root and A2SD.

Guest tone-fu
I got a very similar problem using v1.5.1, but with chompSms, not the starndard messages app (which works fine). If I reply to an sms, its fine, but if i create a new sms it crashes with an error message and forces close when I try to send he sms.

I *THINK* this only started happening after I updated to the 63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18 radio.

I'm hoping tomorrow's 1.6 release will sort it out....

Yeah I recently updated to that radio too. Except I can't even reply to sms using the standard app and Chomp works fine for me. Weird eh!?

Edited by tone-fu

Guest sveintore
Paul--> Are you planning to release your 1.6 in the near future or shall I install the 2.73.405.5?

He says it's coming today, is that not good enough for you?

Question:

I'm communicating with my Korean family so now and then.. Does anyone know if there is also korean input available for the Hero?

Flashing the rooted 2.73.xxx version now, very excited!!! Thanx a lot for your efforts Paul!!

By the way Paul, why is Hero not on your current devices of choice in your sig? :)

Guest Roar (Norway)
He says it's coming today, is that not good enough for you?

Har du ett godt tips for blåtann app. som kan sende og motta filer?

ps. takk for god hjelp i går.

alt virker her :)

Guest Catscrash

do i have to repartition my sd-card first (for app2sd) or is that done by the device automatically?

If I have to repartition it, should the ext3-partition for the apps be the first or the second partition?

Guest rico2k_uk

The only bug that I have found recently, is that while on call (incomming call while phone locked) the volume control doesnt work. If you put volume down to min it will not change (although popup does show) until you press the volume up once then down again to get to min volume.

looking forward to 1.6, think i might do a wipe first....