10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest LightningB

First of all may thanks!!! for you effort and the rom!

i even donated for this B) :)

but one thing that is pondering me that the hts people widget is fc when i put in contact in hebrew.

is there i solutionn for this ?

thanks in advance!

By my reckoning, there's about 576 possible combinations and if you average 100mb per ROM, that's around 58GB.

(sorry, I'm a bit of geek when it comes to this kind of stuff)

Yeah, i'm not surprised at the number of combinations, just how few times the same combinations have been requested. I figured there'd be a trend of the most popular configurations. It turns out, not so much!

P

Guest tombond

Since I flashed MCR 3.1 I have problems with the drivers. I use Win7 32Bit and had no problems until now. I wanted to delete Dalvik Cache so I used adb shell reboot recovery, the phone rebooted, entered recovery mode, but then my PC wasnt able to install the drivers and said "Android Phone, unable to install drivers, device disconnected". Now, when Im in recovery mode, cmd always tells me "error: device not found". I still can connect to my SD Card, but adb doesnt work. Could you pls tell me how to fix this? I already deleted the drivers a few times, rebooted the phone and my pc und also reinstalled HTC Sync.

Thanks for your time, Thomas

Edited by tombond

First of all may thanks!!! for you effort and the rom!

i even donated for this ;) B)

but one thing that is pondering me that the hts people widget is fc when i put in contact in hebrew.

is there i solutionn for this ?

thanks in advance!

it's a known issue... no known solution though :)

יש לי גם את אותה הבעיה.

I figured there'd be a trend of the most popular configurations. It turns out, not so much!

You see how different the likes and dislikes of the people around here actually are. 

Guest thapapper

Great job Paul, thanks a lot!

The recipe cooked in the kitchen has been eaten by my Hero :)

Regards,

ThaPapper

Edited by thapapper

Guest Abaddon_au

Thanks very much, Paul - I'll download when I get home from work this evening.

I've not used the MoDaCo ROMs before - my question (and request if not) is does it use the loathsome HTC Calendar or the default GCal App. If not, can we have a kitchen option for using the default Android Calendar? It's way better than the HTC one.

Cheers,

Trent.

Guest JamesKing

Spent my £9.99 :)

Keen to upgrade to the Plus membership if you do manage to sort out some Android benefits though B)

Fantastic stuff, thank you ;)

Baked a ROM and downloaded it in minutes.

I hope you're getting enough reward for all your hard work!

Gonna do another one soon without Rosie/Sense and see how that goes when I switch between the two ;)

Thanks very much, Paul - I'll download when I get home from work this evening.

I've not used the MoDaCo ROMs before - my question (and request if not) is does it use the loathsome HTC Calendar or the default GCal App. If not, can we have a kitchen option for using the default Android Calendar? It's way better than the HTC one.

Cheers,

Trent.

HTC one i'm afraid at this time!

P

Guest PhonePersona
If you have a pin protected sim-card you need to enter that pin before you can use the phone. When you first start the phone or come out of airplane-mode you get a numeric dial pad to enter your pin. If you don't then you won't be able to make or recive phone calls.

Hmmmm.

Interesting.

Not having used a SIM PIN, it never even occurred to me that an alphanumeric keypad was available.

Why doesn't Android make this an available option for security along with the pattern matching?

That way, when my Exchange server PIN policy hits the phone, I can set up a PIN code and sync successfully.

Paul, is there any way to establish an alphanumeric keypad as the 'de facto' security mechanism for the phone instead of the pattern code?

Guest 24_7_Addict

Just flashed my Hero to 3.1. How long does it normaly take before the device boots? It's hanging for some time now on the bootscreen that says "HERO" :)

And what can I do when it does continue...?

Edited by 24_7_Addict

Guest Formel-LMS

@paul

Please I have two problems.

I've unchecked the rosie but it installs rosies widgets.

Must that be so?

And second I've unchecked Stock.

But theres already the file DCSStock.apk in system/apps/

Is that right?

Could you please help or fix that? I think that is an failure.

Thanx alot!!

Just flashed my Hero to 3.1. How long does it normaly take before the device boots? It's hanging for some time now on the bootscreen that says "HERO" :)

And what can I do when it does continue...?

Just wait, the first boot can take time. Don't panic

Guest paaland

Upgraded from the 3.1rc2 to the custom baked 3.1. I removed several applications when baking and I did a wipe before applying update. But when the phone booted all my app were still there. Including some that I had unchecked during baking.

Does this have anything to do with app2sd? I assume wiping deletes /data, but /data/apps which is on the ext2 partition on the SD it was probably not wiped. Am I totally off track here?

Several of the apps FC'ed on start, but after a reinstall of those app stuff is now working fine.

Guest 24_7_Addict
Just wait, the first boot can take time. Don't panic

Panic is coming over me ....! I'm waiting for 30 minutes now and still no change on the screen...! Still "HERO"

These lines are the last lines when I run abd shell ps;

118 0 896 S dropbear -A -N root -U 0 -G 0 -C SAdKCm -d /data/drop

123 0 740 S /system/bin/sh -c ps

124 0 2132 R ps

Please advise ....!

Guest mixmaven

Same here, do you know which widgets are supposed to be included? Clock? SMS? Mail? Weather? Calendar?

I find it hard to give up my clock with location, beautiful widgets works, but I was hoping for a sense version of this rom but I am sure Paul only has so much time to work on it.

Thanks!

-mix

Thanks!

I can't find the HTC widgets, using 3.1 ...

Furthermore, when I tried to install them from the market I got the same old error (can't install)

Guest 24_7_Addict
OMG, thanks. Now i'm going to wipe everything twice :)

Keep you posted.

YEE-HAAAAA, it worked..!

Thanks Paul. Where can I find your "donate" link?

Guest 24_7_Addict
If you pay for an enhanced forum account you will get access to the new kitchen area (amazing) and you'll be donating at the same time :)

This can be found in "My Controls" ?