10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest JadeMonkee
Does anyone else have a problem when searching programs/apps?

If you open the apps screen (big list of app icons) and press the search button then I get the search box, but very shortly after, it seems to assume I've long pressed the search button and google voice search starts.

I have this problem, too. But I never knew you could search in the apps menu, so had never tried it before this point. In other words, I don't know if I have always had this problem or not.

I just installed my customcustom rom, but didn't do a wipe before-hand. Am still on the look out for anything anomalous (caused by not wiping).

Guest Caffeine Dependent

Odd issue with 3.1...

- Had MCR 3.0 with A2SD and lots of installed apps

- Wiped + Flashed to 3.1

- Most of my apps seem to be there automatically and working fine, but a few show in menus as com.whatever. and have the same little generic white icon next to em?

Anyone else?

Edit: by the way, great work Paul thanks v. much! Definitely smoother experience all round :)

Edited by Caffeine Dependent

Guest PhonePersona
Voice search has always been started with a short press for me, not just in MCR 3.1. In fact, I thought that was the expected behaviour!

Its supposed to be a long press.

Short press brings up the search bar

Baked! lol :)

Genius Paul, many thanks!!! Haven't done a wipe as yet, so still seem to be missing the new HTC widgets.

PS Is it me or are some non-premium members baking too? (Looks like it from a few posts)

Guest Dark Riderz
New version online!

Changelog

Based on shipping 2.73.405.66

Includes Teknologist's kernel 1.91

Built with my new MCR build process which reduces size and boost speed of the ROM

Updated Busybox, ROM is now compatible with Droid Explorer

All 4 available HTC widgets now included in ROM

Updated Wireless Tether app

Added Titanium Backup

:)

P

Thank you Paul.... This thing flies.... Very stable...

Guest 1immortal

Hi Paul

u're doing an amazing job with our devices ... thats incredible .

thanks for that !

what i wanted to ask is ... now that the 2.1 by htc is out , will there be a kitchen version based on the new system ?

Guest jeroenhero
now that the 2.1 by htc is out

Sorry to disappoint, but 2.1 was released by Google. The HTC 2.1 release for the Hero is still to be released before the end of the year ;-)

@jeroen

Hi im after a bit of advice. I have a uk htc hero radio version 63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18. Is this that latest radio version as when i check there a a few versions highter but the letters EU ar JU and other letters . Are the letters to do with country your in or is it just letters to do with version. :)

Guest PrinceDwi

Paul, I would like to thank you with once again another great iteration of the MoDaCo custom rom. One qualm I have about it is that my stereo bluetooth headset doesn't want to accept any stereo stream from DroidLive. The stock 1.5 rom has been able to do it no problems, but of course, DroidLive slows down the operating system. With MCR 3.1, the Hero can now multitask with DroidLive, but I try and connect a headset, and it claims to be connected to phone audio yet, an error pops up shortly afterward saying that "There was a problem connecting to 9xxBackBeat" (my Altec Lansing Backbeat A2DP headphones).

I've searched the thread for any possible solutions, but all of them have been essentially left unanswered. Any word or reason why the error might be happening? I've went back to stock 1.5, and it happens to work just fine, albeit the lack of optimization that MCR has, which has driven me to use your wonderful ROM =) in hopes to get best of both worlds.

Hopefully you'll have a solution to fix this?

Guest Funkyfin2000

Thanks Paul, massive improvement on 3 which often got really slow!

This thing flies once again!

Thanks for ALL your hard work it IS appreciated!

Rich

Hey Paul,

Just wanted to thank you again for your great work... this thing is so zippy! I still cant get over it that you and Teknologist are so much better at creating functional software for this phone (and many others) than the teams of people being paid to do it over at the manufacturers.

As soon as i'm no longer in the red, i'm going to buy an ad-free account as well.

Cheers, and keep it up

PS, any clues as to what you're working on for the next version?

Guest werziluk

Baked one for myself but it did not remove the programs (no wipe install). Im guessing I need a full wipe to not include my unwanted apps, I will do a wipe when I can be bothered.

Great feature though Paul :)

Flashed over MCR 3.0 after dalvik wipe using Amon RA 1.5.2. My radio is 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26 (I guess Paul should update first post to this version) and having GSM Hero bought on Christmas. It runs much faster than 3.0, it's amazing. I'm having no problems with radio, and by coincidence I've had lot of phone calls yesterday. Only problem is missing new HTC widgets.

Guest Dark Riderz
Hi im after a bit of advice. I have a uk htc hero radio version 63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18. Is this that latest radio version as when i check there a a few versions highter but the letters EU ar JU and other letters . Are the letters to do with country your in or is it just letters to do with version. :)

They do not make reference to countries... the latest radio is 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.08.29

Guest schlagg

Hi,

Thanks Paul

Great work with this rom ^^

Just wandering :

is it possible to make an android+ext backup with my device and then restore it on another device (but still a Hero) ??

Thanks

Guest coroona

Hi Paul, just wanted to say thanks so much for your work on the ROM. My Hero really does fly now.

I've just done a dvalik wipe and installed 3.1 however the weather widgets have stopped working, not sure if this is related or not. Is anyone else having this problem?

Guest Formel-LMS

No, I don't think that you must wipe.

I think you can delete them manually with an explorer App.

Theyre stored in system/apps/ or in data/apps/

Be careful with removing! Don't do if you are not sure or make a nandroid before!

Than flash your baked rom again.

I've asked Paul because of the HTC widgets that are installed, although it was unchecked to install SenseUI.

(And same with unchecked Stock and appearing DCSStock.apk in system/apps/ anyway... ;-) )

Probably it's the same problem here.

But I've got no answer up to now about that.

I think, Paul is working hard and could look about this "problem" later.

You can look at the workaround I've described.

Edited by Formel-LMS

Is anyone elses hero slowing down after a little bit of time? 3.1 is much faster for me, but after a days use it gets laggy again.

I might try a wipe and instal again.