10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest freeasabeer

By the way, uname -a now gives:

Linux localhost 2.6.27-mck-teknologist-1.92 #24 PREEMPT Sat Jan 9 16:31:30 CET 2010 armv6l GNU/Linux

What's new in teknologist 1.92 ??

Guest shadwell_lad

Just paid for no ads as I am getting so much from this and wanted to contribute

Applied over 2.9 with no wipe and no issues so far. Looking forward to this being in the kitchen as I want to (easily) remove a lot of apps I don't use.

Thanks!

Guest Lupus77

GPS is working again, thanks! Also got a nice speed increase with this rom.

But I am missing the 4 new HTC Widgets and download from market results in same old error (can't install). Is there any possibility in installing these without doing a wipe?

Hi all,

coming from baked 3.1, updating to this 3.2 beta, and booting, but I just don't have the choice of french localization...What's going on ? Plz help...

Just installed this ROM on a vanilla Hero, unfortunally Google maps is crashing on Search. Either by keyboard and voice. ?

Solved my own problem. Uninstalled Maps, rebooted and reinstalled. Working fine now.

Guest coastersteve
Solved my own problem. Uninstalled Maps, rebooted and reinstalled. Working fine now.

I'm getting the same. How did you reinstall it? (I'm very very new to all this so noddy steps please!)

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Guest Lenslarque

Hi Paul,

I firstly I want to say that your online kitchen is a treat, for only 9.99!

I don't know how you did it, but 3.1 is much faster then 3.0

My only point of annoyance is the tilting of the keyboard. When I tilt my screen it takes a long time for the screen to tilt. Then I see in the left hand corner the keyboard small and after 4 seconds it is at the regular size. Am i the only one that experience this or is anybody else is seeing this same occurrence?

And yes....... before I installed 3.1 I did a complete wipe.

Do you have any suggestions to improve the keyboard tilting?

Or do you might have some Paul magic left, to optimize this?

I hope so...... my collegues with their iphones make fun of my fantastic hero!

With kind regards,

Lenslarque

Guest String Theory

Hi Paul,

Just installed MoDaCo 3.1 on my Hero and I have to admit: it's crisp baby! My Hero now just flies! This update upgraded the Hero from a great device to an awesome device! Or if you like, the iPhone killer is now an iPhone slayer :) Keep on the good work and if so... I´ll get an adfree account B)

Edited by String Theory

Guest commodoor

Paul is there a way to make the app scrolling smoother, it lags most of the time (i don't have that much apps). when showing android to friends they start saying it LAGS!! and then they start talking about the iphone (really hate that, don't like the iphone). if its not possible, no hard feelings.

Just flashed the beta, first impression is it runs really great. but have to test it overday, so tomorrow i will be testing it and see how it preforms.

Guest tombond
My only point of annoyance is the tilting of the keyboard. When I tilt my screen it takes a long time for the screen to tilt. Then I see in the left hand corner the keyboard small and after 4 seconds it is at the regular size. Am i the only one that experience this or is anybody else is seeing this same occurrence?

Same problem for me here. I hope some time this can be fixed, cause it really takes hell of a long time to rotate and change size.

Hi, I have a brand new Tmobile Hero running Modaco 3.0, using a 4gig SD that's a few years old.

has anyone had their SD card 'removed without unmount' while in their pocket?

Thanks.

Guest paaland
Paul is there a way to make the app scrolling smoother, it lags most of the time (i don't have that much apps). when showing android to friends they start saying it LAGS!! and then they start talking about the iphone (really hate that, don't like the iphone). if its not possible, no hard feelings.

Just flashed the beta, first impression is it runs really great. but have to test it overday, so tomorrow i will be testing it and see how it preforms.

In contrast to the iPhone the Android devices allow multitasking. That's a good thing since it allows you to have multiple applications running and lets you switch between them. But it's also a bad thing since the phone will become sluggish when you have many applications running and you go low on RAM. The iPhone avoids this problem by allowing the user to only run one application at any time.

The solution is to install a task manager and kill off some tasks to free up some memory before handing the phone to your friends :) I recomment ES Task Manager with a "quick kill" widget so you can hit a single button to free up memory.

Edited by paaland

Guest flipper203

is it possible for titanium backup to have it in the market after the install of a fresh MCR, to get the updates....like it s done in titanium backup, because if there is a new release with new functionalities, it won't be updated (and if it is possible, it can be added to spare parts and other softwares comming from the market that are built in the MCR)

Sorry for my english...