10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest GodsDevil
Will fix the build.prop and update the fingerprint for performance with a Beta 2 update today (amongst other things). :)

P

That was super fast B)

Hey Paul, any news from your 'sources' about release of 2.0/2.1???

D

error found in build.prop, i was wondering why i couldn't see pay apps

MCR 3.2 build.prop : ro.build.fingerprint=htc_wwe/htc_hero/hero/hero:1.5/2.73.405.5/61267:user/

MCR 3.1 build.prop : ro.build.fingerprint=htc_wwe/htc_hero/hero/hero:1.5/2.73.405.5/61267:user/release-keys

tried to modify and after reboot it doesn't keep my new build.prop

Yeah. I found this the hard way. Modify build.prop.nopassword, and reboot. It seems dropbear SSH takes the nopassword file, adds the password, then re-writes build.prop on each boot. Silly if you ask me, but there you have it.

use taskiller with care!

if it is running it is waking up every ~10 secs and comsuming 10-50% cpu even while sleep. since i don't use it's auto kill feature and have removed itself from ignore list, my lags are gone.

i found this while playing with Radiant, it slowed down so mutch it was unplayable. i checked what is consuming resources (with top - adb) and found this. extremely strange....

sorry for my english, i hope i was clear :)

I know that but even if i killed every server it still isn't smooth. i'm using taskiller. Even when i almost "killed" every service its stil lag sometimes.

I think it would be better if the apps would be cached (ok maybe not posible for Paul, but HTC) this will make it a little smoother (i think).

Hi Paul, is there any way I can check what options I selected when I downloaded my ROM yesterday? I can't seem to remember what I included/excluded...

It could be a good idea to have a text file generated and saved within the zip file, so that I know what each ROM contains/excludes.

Or else have the ROM filename somehow represent what apps were included/excluded.

Just a thought.

Cheers.

Not currently, but I will probably add this.

P

Guest keyra74
Yeah. I found this the hard way. Modify build.prop.nopassword, and reboot. It seems dropbear SSH takes the nopassword file, adds the password, then re-writes build.prop on each boot. Silly if you ask me, but there you have it.

yeah found that just after posting my problem

build.prop seems a little bit strange to me too. it contains uk-specific things compoaring to previous wwe settings.

I also suggest adding

ro.ril.hsxpa=2

ro.ril.gprsclass=12

ro.ril.enable.dtm=1

ro.ril.hsdpa.category=8

ro.ril.enable.a53=1

Will fix the build.prop and update the fingerprint for performance with a Beta 2 update today (amongst other things).

NO! i added them yesterday and my 3g was slugger, and hung

leave it blank plz :)

Edited by keyra74

Guest chucky.egg

OMG, just how much do I love this? My ROM, built just for me!

Android just becomes more and more of what I want, and what WinMo could have been (to some extent).

Thanks Paul

Paul, I've been busting to try this but my subscription is still "pending" even though my payment went through days ago.

Any chance of checking it out?

Thanks

you need to reboot twice or more to feel the gain.

i use speedtest.net to measure and my hsdpa speed doubled up.

anyone else experiencing gain/problems with this?

yeah found that just after posting my problem

NO! i added them yesterday and my 3g was slugger, and hung

leave it blank plz :)

please check this forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=595108

and this explanation: http://androinica.com/2009/12/14/hack-for-...er-2g3g-speeds/

i think our case is that build.prop is overwritten with every restart, hence no improvement. (only with MCR 3.2b1)

@Paul, could you tell us how to prevent build.prop from overwriting?

no tweak on bytel france

devicef.png

Edited by RatSon

Guest arkhonic
please check this forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=595108

and this explanation: http://androinica.com/2009/12/14/hack-for-...er-2g3g-speeds/

i think our case is that build.prop is overwritten with every restart, hence no improvement. (only with MCR 3.2b1)

@Paul, could you tell us how to prevent build.prop from overwriting?

I believe if you modify build.prop.nopassword it works, it'll pull them into the actual build.prop. I just tested and went from

602.5 Kbit/s and 95.6Kbits

to

907.6Kbit/s and 117.1 Kbit/s

both tests are on are from within 5 minutes of each other and phone didn't move.

I believe if you modify build.prop.nopassword it works, it'll pull them into the actual build.prop. I just tested and went from

to

both tests are on are from within 5 minutes of each other and phone didn't move.

I can confirm this. I posted it up in the MCR thread in response to @Ratson, but I think it got lost/buried in the merge.

Dropbear SSH seems to take the build.prop.nopassword and push it to build.prop on each boot, adding the dropbear password to the build string.

If you remove dropbear, I'm not certain what happens, but I think you would be able to just edit build.prop on its own (change wouldn't be overwritten on boot)

As for my speeds, I didn't see too much of an improvement on downstream (2Mbps without anyway :)) but I get a bit extra out the upstream (was 350kbps now 500-540kbps).

I've done a wipe today, so I'll try and do it definitively today, with phone in same location, during the day when network is quiet. I'll try speedtest.net's app and xtremelabs (as used above) and post back some time today.

Edited by pulser

I can confirm, changing build.prop.nopassword works.

my hsdpa speed went from 1.4Mbps to 2.6Mbps.

to

Edited by RatSon

Just testing 3.2 Beta 2 now with updated / fixed build.prop, updated Titanium Backup, some 2.1 icons (i'm importing resources gradually) and a couple of other tweaks.

P

I am still pretty new to this, but now atleast I am a plus member and can try this out :-D but one more stupid custion from cold norway..

what is this? Rebuild based on the .73 update or can I have a explanation on what this is compared to what is in the 3.1?