10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

MoDaCo Custom ROM 2.0 - based on 2.73.405.5 - is now available in 'core' and 'enhanced' versions in the first post!

Enjoy! :)

P

Hey Paul, you're the best. Thanks very much, starting download ...

Just one question ! Is it possible to install Business Card Scanner from the market ? I didn't find it ....

Guest arnoldrimmer
MoDaCo Custom ROM 2.0 - based on 2.73.405.5 - is now available in 'core' and 'enhanced' versions in the first post!

Enjoy! :)

P

YAY!! Fantastic cheers Paul.

Getting a 404 on the first link though - I should be more patient I know :)

The url is case sensitive, just replace the 'H' of Hero by an 'h' and it will download the stuff.

Can't wait to try this new rom, thanks Paul !

Guest geovass

what are the diffrences between 'core' and 'enhanced' versions ?

EDIT. found it !!!

Paul, can you upload the Business Card Scanner apk ?

Edited by geovass

Guest Chris Jenx

http://content.modaco.net/Hero/2.0-update-...core-signed.zip <-- has a capitol H.

Try: http://content.modaco.net/hero/2.0-update-...core-signed.zip

Mirror: http://fusionticket.co.uk/files/android/roms/

I'll add the enhanced to the Mirror when Paul finishes uploading that. :)

Wipe is required if upgrading from 1.5.1?

I'm trying to resist being an arse and saying 'read the first post fully before you do anything'.

But the answer is 'no wipe needed'.

Now read the first post anyway.

:)

P

Guest Stevie B
Wipe is required if upgrading from 1.5.1?

You really have to learn to read - you'll save yourself a lot od time instead of waiting for replies. Again, the answer to your question is in the 1st post of this topic - but just in case you can't find it, the answer is NO WIPE NEEDED

Guest markiemrboo

Hi,

Just got my Hero yesterday. Had 1.5 downloaded all ready to go, then on the day, just before the phone arrived, 1.5.1 was released so I got that :) Now downloading 2.0 :-)

Unfortunately I appear to have 5(!) hot pixels. They are a bit weird though. They seem to change colour depending on the angle, 2 of them are much brighter than the others. I've read someone on XDA is blaming dust under the screen, and that sometimes it is just this and they're not really dead pixels, but I don't know. They're not actually visible in normal use anyway, just against a black screen really. We'll see :-)

Anyhow, thanks for 2.0!

Guest scopes64

V2.0 installed, no wipe performed, all went smooth as silk. Great job Paul.

Must admit I was very impressed in the speed increase. The Hero is now a snappy device that, IMO, puts all other devices to shame :)

Thanks for all the work Paul.

Guest rico2k_uk

thb, not noticed much speed increase since 1.4 but who am I to argue with the excellent work? Thanks very very much paul! No doubt exclusive will be here when android 2.0 leaks :)

Guest surfsmurf

Installed V2.0 successfully over 1.5.1. The Hero really is a completely new phone with these updates - what is should have been from the beginning. I'm thinking people need to re-review it.

Thanks for all your work Paul!

Danish is still kinda broken with V2.0 though, a few strings seem to be missing a translation. Is there any chance a wipe will help?

Guest Stevie B
V2.0 installed, no wipe performed, all went smooth as silk. Great job Paul.

Must admit I was very impressed in the speed increase. The Hero is now a snappy device that, IMO, puts all other devices to shame :)

Thanks for all the work Paul.

I'm assuming you upgraded from 1.5 or 1.5.1 as you didn't wipe, and you're saying there is a noticable speed increase! WOW! Any other differences you can report? I'll wait a few hours before updating just in case any problems are reported. Thx

Guest ThomasJ

Thanks for your hard work Paul. Loving the MoDaCo rom so far.

My only complaint about it would be that it seems to only have the english Keyboard Language which is a pain for scandinavians who use the characters Æ Ø and Å a lot.

Guest rico2k_uk

another bug found :

on lock screen, under the swipe bar, still shows text :

Drag down to unlock or place an emergency call.

Didnt used to have this? But hey, these little things can be lived with to get the massive speed boost that the phone now has! :)