10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi kendon, what makes you say that? :)

Note to self, refresh page before submitting a question or reply

Just seen the replies.

:) :)

i am so sorry i was unclear on this. i didn't want to miscredit the new beta, i actually haven't tried it yet...

i meant the base rom .73, i read much about wifi problems, and the missing 2g button is a bummer.

or are these issues resolved? not sure i kept up completely with the development of today. again, sorry for the confusion.

Guest Henry Tan

Hey Paul,

All the way from Singapore.

Just sent you 9.99.

Hope that helps.

Too tempting for me to get my hands on your custom rom.

Awaiting the more stable ones.

Meanwhile will use this beta.

Just another feedback, the new ROM seem to drain more power.

Edited by Henry Tan

Guest stevenz

Cyanogen's APN list appears to be missing from 3.2b2, or at least it didn't pick them up after I decided it was time to do a full wipe & reflash (gained 20MB so I must've had a lot of stray junk in /data/). Had to manually enter my APN which is a bit of a novelty :)

Guest Henry Tan

I cannot seems to get my touch input chinese working, Paul.

Already solved by installing morelocale 2.

Sorry for the trouble.

Can you add another security software call MyLookout into the rom like wavesecure.

This ones seem better with Virus scanner.

Edited by Henry Tan

I'm leaving this ROM for the HERO21 - Community release v1.8 (24-12-09)

The main reason being the problem with the WiFi. It keep turning on and off randomly, draining my battery.

And also I want 2.1.... I'll come back to the MoDaCo ROM once it's 2.1 and the WiFi problem is solved.

Also: how can I make it so that my apps are saved to the SD? I know this topic has been addressed many times, but it confuses me still. What are the steps?

Thanks!!

Hi,

I had that problem before can recall but its something to do with the wifi status indicator on the mcr updates try deleting the saved wifi connection profiles of the router you connect to at home if you noticed it happens only on one location of which you usually connected.

its 4am and was typing with one finger and one eye open hope my explaination helped :)

Thank you Paul, but could you please fix the missing "Force 2G option" in the next iteration because I never use 3G signal as it's really low where I live and sucks my battery dry in a matter of hours. :|

@Paul ... keep up the good work! Great ROM stable and fast!

Could it be that 3.1 is sipping more battery? It´s running fast and stable so no problems. I just have the feeling it drains my battery a little more than 3.0.

24/7 Wifi is possible with KeepWifi, but why doesn´t work this with the Wifi config in the phone? Could it be that KeepWifi overwrites/overrules the build-in phone functions? If yes, I assume just a wipe in addition with a SD card partition would solve that.

Edited by Phanes

Guest Dark Riderz
@Paul ... keep up the good work! Great ROM stable and fast!

Could it be that 3.1 is sipping more battery? It´s running fast and stable so no problems. I just have the feeling it drains my battery a little more than 3.0.

24/7 Wifi is possible with KeepWifi, but why doesn´t work this with the Wifi config in the phone? Could it be that KeepWifi overwrites/overrules the build-in phone functions? If yes, I assume just a wipe in addition with a SD card partition would solve that.

I noticed too that my battery is draining more than usual.... in 3.0 it was much better...

No stability issues for me. Paul´s ROM is running without any problem.

@Dark Riderz

I have the battery drain under control with the OverclockWidget, so I get out a running time between 65-72 hours with enabled Wifi 24/7. (with the shipping battery, just ordered an extended battery with 2600 mah to test what is possible with the new one)

Guest bace 88
Ermmm....did I miss something? I flashed up from a 3.1 mccr without a wipe.....all went well....but I see no new icons at all :-(

maybe it's linked to why I permanently get a FC trying to open Wifi Tether....and also why my 'internal memory widget' is showing me using

142 out of 165mb !!!!

any ideas guys?

bumpety bump....

My allarm didnt go off two days in a row. Did someone else issued this?

I need my allarm :)

I mentioned this in some other beta thread. I also mentioned I'm sure this isn't a problem tied to a specific ROM, because I've had alarm trouble since I bought the phone, both with stock ROMs and MCR's.

If you are using TasKiller be sure not to kill Clocks app. It's the most common cause of alarms not going off. Not my case though :)

Guest commodoor
bumpety bump....

I also come from mccr 3.1 but i didnt straight go to beta 2. 3.1 -> beta1 -> beta2 and i dont have any problems everything works anc new icons show up. Naybe if you have beta1 you can firts try to flash that one first and then flash2. Or you can try to Wipe. I dont know anything else to fix that

Guest bace 88
I also come from mccr 3.1 but i didnt straight go to beta 2. 3.1 -> beta1 -> beta2 and i dont have any problems everything works anc new icons show up. Naybe if you have beta1 you can firts try to flash that one first and then flash2. Or you can try to Wipe. I dont know anything else to fix that

sorry, forgot to put that I went 3.1 > 3.2b1 >3.2b2 with no wipe.......

thanks for the reply commodoor... :)

anyone else have any ideas??

Guest commodoor
I mentioned this in some other beta thread. I also mentioned I'm sure this isn't a problem tied to a specific ROM, because I've had alarm trouble since I bought the phone, both with stock ROMs and MCR's.

If you are using TasKiller be sure not to kill Clocks app. It's the most common cause of alarms not going off. Not my case though :)

No its not taskiller, i never had this problem til 3.2beta. Everything worked fine before. If i look in running. apps (es manager) i dont see alarm running, i see rosie and its in ignore list.

Guest bace 88

ok I've done a full wipe.....flashed 3.2b2.........all icons exactly the same :)

re-downloading 3.2b2 to be sure of no corruption.....I also saw two '3' shortcuts on the homepage at initial boot....surely that aint right???