10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest theFRAGGLE

I noticed the faster battery draining with 3.1, too. Drops like hell. :)

I have the battery drain under control with the OverclockWidget, so I get out a running time between 65-72 hours with enabled Wifi 24/7.

What are your settings for the Widget (active / sleep)? I would love to get more than 30 hours... 65 hours sounds fantastic!

Any background apps? Twitter, RSS, calendar etc.?

Guest Henry Tan
Hey Henry, yeah, i'll look into that. I'll put a Chinese option into the kitchen.

P

Thanks! Paul.

Sorry for asking this option to be put up.

Hope it will not cause you too much time and trouble.

looking forward to your Android 2.1 MCR too.

Guest masterpfa

OK couldn't do without my customisation any longer, been trying MCR 3.2 Beta 2, with no issues, but prefer the Baked version.

Can't wait for some of the features from MCR 3.2 Beta 2 to drop into the kitchen, Paul will the icons be an option on the kitchen version or should I say can they be an option?

I have been previously playing with a few combinations, Bare bones or semi featured. All are stable without any real problems.

I have had to use the AOSP r6 by jnwhiteh, method of re-enabling access to apps in the market I wasn't seeing, but will try the Titanium backup method.

Report to follow :)

EDIT:

I think it's time for a new SD card, appears market and missing items may have been to previous builds etc, I have been playing around with quite a few ROMS recently Nandroid back ups etc.

Formatted my SD card, repartitioned, clean slate started again. Drastic I know but c'est la vie!!

All the apps I previously could not locate in the market were there. so not in any way a problem with the ROM.

@agony&htc

Titanium Backup keeps all your configuration setting etc and I believe (but may be corrected if wrong!) should retain protection issues with apps.

:)

Edited by masterpfa

I noticed the faster battery draining with 3.1, too. Drops like hell. :)

What are your settings for the Widget (active / sleep)? I would love to get more than 30 hours... 65 hours sounds fantastic!

Any background apps? Twitter, RSS, calendar etc.?

It is not just the widget. Sleep modification is 128 to 258 and active is 354 to 528. Background enabeled is Wifi, Stock and Weather. In addition I use Startup Auditor and Taskiller. I also removed a few Rom apps like Htc Mail, IM, etc. plus I use a dark coloured Wallpaper.

Edited by Phanes

I am searching for HtcFacebook.apk for android 1.5 but I can't find it in the modaco 3.1. Do you know anyone who has extracted it so I can install it? I prefer it comparing to the android facebook app.

Thanx

Guest Dan Mullen
I am searching for HtcFacebook.apk for android 1.5 but I can't find it in the modaco 3.1. Do you know anyone who has extracted it so I can install it? I prefer it comparing to the android facebook app.

Thanx

What HTC Facebook widget?

Guest keef319
I mentioned this in some other beta thread. I also mentioned I'm sure this isn't a problem tied to a specific ROM, because I've had alarm trouble since I bought the phone, both with stock ROMs and MCR's.

If you are using TasKiller be sure not to kill Clocks app. It's the most common cause of alarms not going off. Not my case though :)

Yeah I stopped trusting the alarm on the Hero a LONG time ago!! I even added clock to TasKiller to make sure I didn't accidentally turn it off. Didn't work. Still rubbish! lol

Guest agony&htc
OK couldn't do without my customisation any longer, been trying MCR 3.2 Beta 2, with no issues, but prefer the Baked version.

Can't wait for some of the features from MCR 3.2 Beta 2 to drop into the kitchen, Paul will the icons be an option on the kitchen version or should I say can they be an option?

I have been previously playing with a few combinations, Bare bones or semi featured. All are stable without any real problems.

I have had to use the AOSP r6 by jnwhiteh, method of re-enabling access to apps in the market I wasn't seeing, but will try the Titanium backup method.

Report to follow :)

Excuse my ignorance: What is the "Titanium backup method" of re-enabling access to missing market apps? The "app disappearance" problem has bothered me for awhile, and for all my web-searching, I wasn't even sure there was certainty regarding the exact cause (although the consensus seems to be that it is a copy protection issue). The thought of having to install an entirely new ROM just to be able to see missing apps seems a bit extreme, so I am very curious to hear that there might be another option.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Guest JamesKing

Would it be possible to remove the HTC weather app and associated widgets as part of the Kitchen? I don't use them, and so they're completely unneccessary for me.

I also don't use the built in messages app, I use Handcent.

It would be cool if there was something in the kitchen where you choose which you want, eg, built in, or Handcent, or ChompSMS (with radio button selection so you have to choose one of them!) and it would install the one you choose as part of the ROM.

Guest grasvater

Flash a ROM with Jbed, then a ROM without Jbed -> Jbed deleted

Flash a ROM with Spare Parts, then a ROM without Spare Parts -> Spare Parts not deleted

Because spare parts is in your /data partition (as indicated on first post), which isn't wiped unless you wipe. You can just uninstall from the standard applications menu.

P

Guest agony&htc
Flash a ROM with Jbed, then a ROM without Jbed -> Jbed deleted

Flash a ROM with Spare Parts, then a ROM without Spare Parts -> Spare Parts not deleted

Did you have Spare Parts installed as an app? I had the same problem with the (broken) Google Maps: when I flashed a ROM with Google Maps built in without first removing Google Maps, the ROM flashed, and then the broken Google Maps "overwrote" the one on the ROM. When I removed Google Maps and then re-flashed, the ROM version stuck, and I can use that one.

Just my observation, For What It's Worth.

Guest HellSt0rm

Removing the widgets or having a choice of wich to remove would have been a nice feature..

Have done this every time I flashed a new rom.

Regarding the removal of the default message app..

It might not work as you want to.

I only use the handcent app, but when I remove the default message app I had trouble with mms and sms.

They either came late or never.

Edited by HellSt0rm

Guest geovass
Noted!

P

Paul!! Dont forget the white Top Bar with eclair icons :-)

Basically, if you can provide the services.obex ready to work with black fonts, i can do the rest ;-)

I dont know how to edit the odex file :)(((

Hi,

Installed 3.2b2 yesterday, but i went back to 3.1 custom kitchen rom. With Morelocale2 I could change the interface language to Dutch, but I could not change the keyboard input language to Dutch (and I use it alot).

Is there any other way to do this? Or does it have to be added to the rom?

Regards,

D.

Guest B.O.F.H.

Hero GSM model having Bluetooth issues

3.0 - works for both inbound and outbound calls

3.1RC2 - works for outbound, inbound only on handset (green phone icon)

3.1 full core - works for outbound, inbound rings on headset (blue phone icon), but conversation handset only (handset speaker and microphone, icon remains blue)

3.1 kitchen - same as full core

Radio is version 63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26, full wipe performed between each version change.

Is there a new setting to manage this? Or is this expected behavior?