10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest commodoor
Hi,

Installed 3.2b2 yesterday, but i went back to 3.1 custom kitchen rom. With Morelocale2 I could change the interface language to Dutch, but I could not change the keyboard input language to Dutch (and I use it alot).

Is there any other way to do this? Or does it have to be added to the rom?

Regards,

D.

I'm using beta2 and have Dutch dictionary and don't have any issues, i even didn't use morelocal. i cam from updates from mcr 3.1beta1 no flash after 3.1beta.

Guest Dark Riderz
No stability issues for me. PaulĀ“s ROM is running without any problem.

@Dark Riderz

I have the battery drain under control with the OverclockWidget, so I get out a running time between 65-72 hours with enabled Wifi 24/7. (with the shipping battery, just ordered an extended battery with 2600 mah to test what is possible with the new one)

Thanx man... will try it out... :)

Guest LTourist
you need to wipe (and reflash) if you want the htc widgets to work if you come from 3.0 (or 2.9).

and yes, you can delete apps from the zipfile. you just need to pay attention what you remove, but it seems you are aware of that. i do it with every mcr i flash (probably no more necessary thanks to the kitchen...).

Well, I will wait for the android 2.1 update then, don't really want to wipe for a such small improvment. But I think that sould be indicated on the first page if that's true : "No wipe required, unless you want to use the 4 new HTC Widgets" instead of "No wipe required"...

Removing parts of the ROM you don't want (Twitter, Plurk etc.)

Removing parts of the ROM you don't want is actually pretty straightforward on a rooted ROM. You need a PC or a Mac, and ADB. Handily, i've packaged up ADB for both platforms here! :) The first step is to download and extracty this zip and then open a command prompt to the directory containing the extracted files.

Next, just enter the commands below (you will need to replace 'adb' with './adb' if you are on a Mac) and you're done! Remember these changes are permanent, and can only be undone by re-applying the latest zip update.

Note that these commands are case sensitive!

Enjoy - if you need help removing anything else specific, post in topic! :)

P

thank you so much i am a newbie to the hero and being very mad as soon as i opened the box and turned my hero on i rooted it then did a backup and put your 3.0 rom on this was last week and ever since i have been trying to remove Stocks app because i dont use it and im like that always messing and now thanks to this post i have succeeded so thank you again paul

mike

Removing Business Card Reader (enhanced version only)

adb remount

adb shell rm /system/app/*BizCard*
Removing Chinese Resources (including Chinese input) (enhanced version only)
adb remount

adb shell rm /system/app/HTC_CIME*

adb shell rm /system/app/CN*
Removing Footprints
adb remount

adb shell rm /system/app/*Foot*
Removing HTC Sync
adb remount

adb shell rm /system/app/PCSCII*
Removing Java
adb remount

adb shell rm /system/app/Jbed*

adb shell rm /system/lib/*jbed*
Removing Plurk (enhanced version only)
adb remount

adb shell rm /system/app/*Plurk*
Removing Stocks
adb remount

adb shell rm /system/app/*Stock*
Removing Twitter
adb remount

adb shell rm /system/app/*Twit*
Removing WAP Browser (enhanced version only)
adb remount

adb shell rm /system/app/Wap*

adb shell rm /system/lib/*wap*

Guest tone-fu

Just wanted to post a little bit of feedback.

Used the kitchen to prep my ROM, performed a full wipe and installed. It was fast at first but it's now running like there's treacle inside the phone. Going to try a wipe and reinstall.

No, due to the way the kitchen works, i'm not deleting the widgets when you unselect Rosie atm.

Like I said in my PM, since they are on the /system/ partition (which has space) and are never called without Rosie, it's something of a non-issue, and therefore low priority. :)

P

Guest adolfopacheco

It is almost impossible for me to keep this version, the battery is draining way to fast, it is not even surviving the night. I am so sad, cause this MCR 3.1 is amazing, really fast!!!!

Is this normal? Is there a way to fix this?

Guest phpdecoders

I'm running the 3.2 beta2 rom, and my battery drain has never been lower than now. After the install of the rom, I charged my phone. After a day (28 hours sinse boot) and awake time on 6 hours, I still have 92% battery left.. Thats amazing.. Nice work Poul :)

Guest Godster

Can anyone help me please.

Having no end of problems with various radios on the Orange UK network. Constantly dropping signal and connection throughout phone calls. In the meantime the phone continues to display 1 or 2 bars. Some times it will not find a network at all until I reboot the phone. Currently on Modaco customer rom 3.0 but going to update to 3.1 and give that a go.

Has anyone found a stable radio that work well for them on Orange UK?

Guest String Theory

Just to test what my fellow Dutchmen were saying I installed 3.2 on a completely wiped device. And, yes indeed, only English available. Now I first installed 3.1 and then updated it to 3.2 and Dutch is back... How come Paul?

Guest grasvater
Kitchen update with latest versions of Wavesecure and Titanium Backup.

Just realised the kitchen has a major benefit for rapid updatability. :)

P

Great. :)

love the snappyness of 3.2 beta, thanks Paul for the good work.

I've noticed longer battery life, not sure if it is just me or not though.

Now I can show my hero to my other friend for how smooth it can be comparing to the iphone :-)

Guest theFRAGGLE

Just a thought - would it be possible to include in the first post some changelogs? Date of latest change by you, maybe some internal version numbers etc.?

Because "technically" it would be 3.1.1 or something like that after updating some of the party, no?

Nevertheless, this is great and I have really fun flashing all day long! :)