10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest geovass
Is there anyway to install the Business Card Reader over the Core Version ? it's the only thing I need in the enhanced version ...

Upgrade was a success!

ROM looks great!

Here is the BizCardReader.apk for those who installed the core version. (rename to apk)

Enjoy!

great job Paul!

BizCardReader.zip

Edited by geovass

Guest surfsmurf
My only complaint about it would be that it seems to only have the english Keyboard Language which is a pain for scandinavians who use the characters Æ Ø and Å a lot.

It would be nice to have those, but I'm not too bothered since it suggests/auto-corrects to "læge" if I type "lage".

Guest domifer

Hi,

Just downloaded 2.0 and when I try to install it from SD, while verifying package update I get the message:

E: corrupt file: system/lib/libcrypto.so

E: verification failed

Installation aborted

This is the second attempt, I have copied the rom twice onto the SD just in case but I keep on getting this error message from nandroid :)

ANY HINTS or IDEAS, Paul or anyone?

By the way many thanks Paul for all your efforts!

Edited by domifer

I have som problem with adb shell with the new version(look at the picture).

If i boot with the recovery image the console looks normaly or if i do a SSH to the device it also looks normaly.

Im using v2.0 core and upgrade from v1.51

post-428633-1252057870_thumb.jpg

Someone whith a tip or solution ?, i have not tried a whipe yet whith v2.0!

Guest superkayser
another bug found :

on lock screen, under the swipe bar, still shows text :

Drag down to unlock or place an emergency call.

Didnt used to have this? But hey, these little things can be lived with to get the massive speed boost that the phone now has! :)

I had this message in my generic stock rom too, so i think it isn't a bug.

Upgrade was a success!

ROM looks great!

Here is the BizCardReader.apk for those who installed the core version. (rename to apk)

Enjoy!

Thanks a lot Geovass, and Paul too !

Edited by Guik

Hi,

Just downloaded 2.0 and when I try to install it from SD, while verifying package update I get the message:

Installation aborted

This is the second attempt, I have copied the rom twice onto the SD just in case but I keep on getting this error message from nandroid :)

Woah, nasty, no idea what the problem is there! :/

P

Guest ThomasJ
It would be nice to have those, but I'm not too bothered since it suggests/auto-corrects to "læge" if I type "lage".

Figured it out.

I prefer English as my display language (mostly related to the fact that the Norwegian translations are ridiculous in places), but contrary to my stock Hero ROM where English (Norway) provides me with a Norwegian dictionary and thus auto suggests proper words with Æ, Ø and Å. The MoDaCo rom does not. However if i select Norwegian locale it will correctly choose the Norwegian dictionary.

Of course, on the stock Hero ROM (1.x) i could under Touch Input select Norwegian keboard layout which provided me with norwegian dictionary when English (Norway) was selected for locale.

ok, please don't hit me but............

i have an Orange UK HTC Hero, i have a number of apps, some paid for like copilot (which puts maps on sd card)... if i wanted to jump on the Custom ROM bandwagon, can someone point me in the right direction and also will all my apps still work?

i just want to know, the best practice and the order in which to do things...

hopefully by the end of it, i will have a rooted Hero, with the custom Modaco ROM, apps saved onto sd card and be able apply any future updates easily and safely.... is this possible? or am i living in a dream world!!

Guest Igniztion
I got a very similar problem using v1.5.1, but with chompSms, not the starndard messages app (which works fine). If I reply to an sms, its fine, but if i create a new sms it crashes with an error message and forces close when I try to send he sms.

I *THINK* this only started happening after I updated to the 63.18.55.06EU_6.35.06.18 radio.

I'm hoping tomorrow's 1.6 release will sort it out....

I have the exact same problem with chompSMS, also after updating to MCR 2.0. Apparently it's a problem with some changes in the sms database on the phone. I'm trying to find a post I read a couple days ago about a fix, but if I remember correctly it requires you to add a column to the sms database.

I'll get back to you when I find that post.

Guest ThomasJ
Hi,

Installation aborted

I have some ideas. I have seen similar strange issues occuring with various files in the past, both on my own systems and on others. Of course not with Hero ROM files but with game updates etc. Files that i know work for others, but which will cause checksum verifications to fail locally. The culprits have always been one of

- Memory corruption: Bad memory, either your SDcard or most likely your system memory causing corruption in transit

- Drive corruption: Bad harddrive or SDcard causing corruption as data is being written/read

- Very uncommon source is packet inspecting firewall corrupting data as it is being transferred.

If you are able to i would try downloading on a different computer (different drive may work depending on how your browser downloads files. iirc IE always downloads to your C partition first and the moves the file to its final resting place. It needs to be a different physical drive though)

If all else fails, try a different memory card if able.

Guest rico2k_uk
ok, please don't hit me but............

i have an Orange UK HTC Hero, i have a number of apps, some paid for like copilot (which puts maps on sd card)... if i wanted to jump on the Custom ROM bandwagon, can someone point me in the right direction and also will all my apps still work?

i just want to know, the best practice and the order in which to do things...

hopefully by the end of it, i will have a rooted Hero, with the custom Modaco ROM, apps saved onto sd card and be able apply any future updates easily and safely.... is this possible? or am i living in a dream world!!

If you install the custom rom after a wipe, you will be able to re-download all paid apps without repurchasing via market. all paid apps are registered with your google account so you dont have to worry. Thsi means you can uninstall and reinstall as often as you like.:)

Guest rico2k_uk
I have some ideas. I have seen similar strange issues occuring with various files in the past, both on my own systems and on others. Of course not with Hero ROM files but with game updates etc. Files that i know work for others, but which will cause checksum verifications to fail locally. The culprits have always been one of

- Memory corruption: Bad memory, either your SDcard or most likely your system memory causing corruption in transit

- Drive corruption: Bad harddrive or SDcard causing corruption as data is being written/read

- Very uncommon source is packet inspecting firewall corrupting data as it is being transferred.

If you are able to i would try downloading on a different computer (different drive may work depending on how your browser downloads files. iirc IE always downloads to your C partition first and the moves the file to its final resting place. It needs to be a different physical drive though)

If all else fails, try a different memory card if able.

to me this sounds like a possible corrupt download of the rom. Try redownloading it first. Sometimes when i download with firefox it will nto fully download, but will show completed. After that you may need to wipe the phone from the phone if possible then from bootloader and reflash.

Guest domifer
Hi,

Installation aborted

It's Ok now, It seems the package got corrupted while downlaoding from here, after a second download it got installed perfectly!

Guest Floejen

For me 2.0 is of course still a massive improvement on stock, but it is not quite as snappy as 1.5 was.

There is not much in it, but I have noticed some VERY slight lag here and there.