10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ZiCoN
I ask for that too in post #5464, i'm coming from cmr 3.0 (it's multilanguage) and i don't want to lose my italian dictionary <_<

Hmmm..... I'm no chef.. at all... But when I was WM enthusiast, someone made a language pack for T9.. Isn't this possible for android?

Guest anderneo

Hello guys!

I used this rom for some time now. And I have the same problem as some people mentioned before: a lot of text messages I sent never are delivered.

There is one thing that causes it, that is using a special sign like 'ë'. Once I do that the following happens (watch the number of signs):

post-330357-1268319545_thumb.jpgpost-330357-1268319554_thumb.jpg

Any ideas?

Edit: This also happens when using the stock sms program

Edited by anderneo

Guest MilosM

Thank you Paul. Great ROM! It's very fast for me and for now no problems.

I just love it how it now says 3G <your operator> when your on a 3G network. Such a simple thing, but great nonetheless <_<

Guest dipje
Hello guys!

I used this rom for some time now. And I have the same problem as some people mentioned before: a lot of text messages I sent never are delivered.

There is one thing that causes it, that is using a special sign like 'ë'. Once I do that the following happens (watch the number of signs):

<picture> <picture>

Any ideas?

Edit: This also happens when using the stock sms program

Why the characters change the moment you add an e-umlaut or something is perfectly normal. What happens is, in nerd language: 'the sms changes to unicode text format'. What this means in normal english, is that it changes to an international alphabet where every letter uses up two characters. So now you can only put 80 letters into a single text.

Some (older) phones might have trouble with this international alphabet and might not show the message correctly, or not at all. Or even your carrier / provider might screw things up.

So if the e-umlaut-thing is the reason for a lot of your messages not coming through, I don't now (send them quite a lot on my hero here). But it IS the explanation why the letter-counter suddenly switches, and nothing to worry about.

Edited by dipje

Guest anderneo
Why the characters change the moment you add an e-umlaut or something is perfectly normal. What happens is, in nerd language: 'the sms changes to unicode text format'. What this means in normal english, is that it changes to an international alphabet where every letter uses up two characters. So now you can only put 80 letters into a single text.

Some (older) phones might have trouble with this international alphabet and might not show the message correctly, or not at all. Or even your carrier / provider might screw things up.

So if the e-umlaut-thing is the reason for a lot of your messages not coming through, I don't now (send them quite a lot on my hero here). But it IS the explanation why the letter-counter suddenly switches, and nothing to worry about.

That sounds so perfectly logical, that I believe you <_<.

Weird though, that it says it can only add 70 characters.. It should be 80 then.

But maybe that isn't the problem then.. I never had problems using e-umlaut or something like that. I just suddenly noticed the 160/70 change when trying to explain the problem.

Guest drkmagus

Hi everyone,

Since it's my first post, i would like to thanks Paul for his great work!

As i read on previous Post, this 3.2 rom is only english and we loose prediction text in other language than english.

I can manage without it, but is there azerty keyboard?

and in the future, are we be able to have language back with prediction?

Thanks for reply.

Regards.

Edited by drkmagus

Guest dr_ysp

since i installed 3.2 fetting fc of android acore processes, wonder what is the reason, i installed done wipe, now google contacts are not showing ????

yeah! nice!

Thanks a lot for your answer :mellow:

Switching to 3.2 now :(

You're welcome <_<

EDIT

having wireless tether issues. Wlan.ko module problem have to turn of phone to diable wifi.

EDIT2:

uninstalled and reinstalled, problem solved :D

Edited by 34

Guest drkmagus
You're welcome <_<

EDIT

having wireless tether issues. Wlan.ko module problem have to turn of phone to diable wifi.

EDIT2:

uninstalled and reinstalled, problem solved :mellow:

Well ... was never able to launch wireless tether

Even after read lots of posts about it.

So i never use it lol...

Guest drkmagus

ok so after 3.2 install

i'm kinda surprise, got english and french language...

as my previous post only english should be available right?

I'm glad but, also afraid... did i done something wrong?

thx for help.

Guest ZiCoN

REtried the BeHero 2.1 Legend dump... nice... missed MCR... flashed MCR 3.1 and hoping for either the official Hero 2.1 or an update to 3.* with language support and the abillity to turn off 3G <_< Like an old dog... Always return to what it knows :mellow:

Guest Superfly767

Paul,

Awesome work on 3.2!

I have a quick question. I can't seem to find the core download of 3.2 with Chinese support. Where can I find this? I'm probably missing something obvious.

Thanks,

Doug

Guest Dark Riderz
Thanks man... That did the trick <_<

But what happend to my danish T9 predictive text input and the abillity to deactivate 3G??

i can't deactivate 3G too.... looking everywhere for it but the ROM is wonderful n stable

Guest keveh

I was just was just wondering if people were getting errors with syncing with Google contacts?

I get the old message of "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." which I've had for quite a while now.

Does anybody know how to get rid of it?

Guest vatvedt
Thanks for the suggestion, but morelocale2 only gives me more languages in the menus on the phone, and not additional dictionaries for when typing SMSes. I´ll downgrade and wait for a updated version (or more tips).

You could try Scandinavian Keyboard with the dictionary from the Market. It's free. I'm using SlideIT/Swype (waiting for Norwegian lang. support) at the moment, but the Scandinavian Keyboard is nice. If you don't mind not using the stock keyboard. I have the Scandinavian Keyboard as backup. It has æøå on the layout as well <_<

Just a suggestion though :mellow:

Guest ZiCoN
You could try Scandinavian Keyboard with the dictionary from the Market. It's free. I'm using SlideIT/Swype (waiting for Norwegian lang. support) at the moment, but the Scandinavian Keyboard is nice. If you don't mind not using the stock keyboard. I have the Scandinavian Keyboard as backup. It has æøå on the layout as well <_<

Just a suggestion though :mellow:

Thats actually a great keyboard, and T9 works like a charm.... Personally, I can't use it since I use phonepad... Just to let other scandinavians know that I've tried it too, and can vouch for it :(

Paul is still alive <_< Thought we have lost you to the N1 completely ^^

I'm already looking forward to the next beta builds.

Honestly, since the MCR Roms have gone so ultimatively fast I'm not that much looking forward to 2.1. Only thing I want is Google Navi then. I wonder how big the difference between the HTC 2.1 and MCR 4.0 will be once both are out :>

Guest micmacuk
i can't deactivate 3G too.... looking everywhere for it but the ROM is wonderful n stable

Hi There,

Same here about 2G/3G - where can I toggled to one or the other ?

Sometimes I need 2G as reception is bad under 3G.

Cheers

Francois

Guest Dan Mullen
The online kitchens now feature 'Custom Ingredients' - view this MoDaCo topic for more details! <_<

P

Paul,

Were you aware that the version of busybox in 3.2 reintroduces the colour codes problem, whereby you get garbled output in Windows command prompt? Any chance you could update it so the busybox from 3.1 is used instead?

Cheers,

Dan