10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest prupert
Yeaaaahhhhh... Thanks dudes...

From what I have read elsewhere, it is much more dodgy updating the Radio Firmware compared to updating the OS Firmware - it seems that if you mess up a OS update, you can recover, but if you mess up a Radio update, you can kill your phone. This has kinda put me off updating the Radio, since the one and only time I flashed the MCR ROM over my stock ROM, the phone didn't reboot itself as it was meant to and was stuck at the "flashing" screen, never indicating if the flash had completed. I waited half an hour and prayed to the ROM gods and rebooted the device and luckily it seemed to work. I am not willing to do the same with the Radio, since I don't want to pull the plug if the flash has not finished, but if I can't tell if the flash has completed then I wont do it at all.

Looks like you almost bricked your device and I guessing it could be becuase the flash didn't finish properly or it just didn't indicate that the flash had finished...

Guest dubed
From what I have read elsewhere, it is much more dodgy updating the Radio Firmware compared to updating the OS Firmware - it seems that if you mess up a OS update, you can recover, but if you mess up a Radio update, you can kill your phone. This has kinda put me off updating the Radio, since the one and only time I flashed the MCR ROM over my stock ROM, the phone didn't reboot itself as it was meant to and was stuck at the "flashing" screen, never indicating if the flash had completed. I waited half an hour and prayed to the ROM gods and rebooted the device and luckily it seemed to work. I am not willing to do the same with the Radio, since I don't want to pull the plug if the flash has not finished, but if I can't tell if the flash has completed then I wont do it at all.

Looks like you almost bricked your device and I guessing it could be becuase the flash didn't finish properly or it just didn't indicate that the flash had finished...

I was not far to be breaked, but it works. I maybe have not well expressed myself. But the thanks is because now everything works :)

Guest stevenz
I searched for 'APN' and predictably there were toooo many results to sort through.

So, when Paul writes 'Added huge APN list', how do i access this??

Can I choose, or is it automatic?

It should automatically list available APNs if there's any in the database that match your providers codes (MCC). 3.2 doesn't have entries for my provider whereas earlier versions using Cyanogens APN list did, not sure what's changed.

Using Villain's 4.0 beta at the moment which has the entries, The Eris port didn't.

Guest TeunieChun

I'm using MCR 3.2 for a long time now (since the beta) and I'm really happy with it! Because I couldn't wait, I had to try some 2.1 roms, but I ended up recovering my MCR-backup in a couple of hours every time.

Since 2.1 should get to Hero (eventually), I have a little question: should I reject the official update? I can imagen that an official update removes the custom recovery image and maybe it will be hard to get the custom image back on (?) Or am I talking cr*p?

Thanks in advance

Teun

Guest Dan Mullen
hello

i have a question. can I install the rom without having app2sd, i mean installing apps on the device not on a memory card?

Just don't create an ext partition on your memory card and apps2sd won't be active.

Guest sslevski
Just don't create an ext partition on your memory card and apps2sd won't be active.

thx mate, the problem is that i have currently installed 3.1 with app2sd, I want to stick with the rom without installing the new one but to remove app2sd. Is that possible?

Guest Levike

I'm coming from the dissatisfactory 2.1 ROMs now to the good old 1.5 (because of the proximity, gps, camera issues), and i have one problem.

The people widget is not showing the photos of the contacts. Are there anybody experiencing this ? I tried to delete all, manually add one contact with a pictore, no success... :)

I tried modaco 3.2 and kimera 1.5, all the same bug. I hope there is something i forgot....

Guest toxic-hero
When using more locale I can't have English UI and danish keyboard. Is that somehow possible?

try menu/custom locale. i haven't try, but maybe this should do it.

Guest gregDT
I'm using MCR 3.2 for a long time now (since the beta) and I'm really happy with it! Because I couldn't wait, I had to try some 2.1 roms, but I ended up recovering my MCR-backup in a couple of hours every time.

Since 2.1 should get to Hero (eventually), I have a little question: should I reject the official update? I can imagen that an official update removes the custom recovery image and maybe it will be hard to get the custom image back on (?) Or am I talking cr*p?

Thanks in advance

Teun

Hello forums. To answer the question above... NO! don't install anything official and make sure over the air updates are turned off as well. The problem is that if you install the official 2.1 ROM it will over write your existing recovery (bootloader). This will effectively unroot your phone. It's likely that the current methods of rooting will not work on the new official ROM. So you will not be able to re root and will effectively be locked out of your own phone... so to speak. Wait for a rooted version of 2.1 to come out. This will allow for a full update to the new ROM but will leave your phone still rooted.

Unless you just want to go back to the official HTC 2.1 ROM of course :P

Guest deebow

hi there

just installed modaco on my hero. now for some reason it wont add mp3 to the alarm tone list even though ive put them in the right folder. the order i have done is system-media-audio alarm. is this right?

Edited by deebow

Guest descenpet
hi there

just installed modaco on my hero. now for some reason it wont add mp3 to the alarm tone list even though ive put them in the right folder. the order i have done is system-media-audio alarm. is this right?

try rebooting after you have pushed your mp3 to /system/media/audio/alarms

Guest deebow
try rebooting after you have pushed your mp3 to /system/media/audio/alarms

tried a reboot last night and still didnt work. now ive just added it again through pc and it recognised it straightaway

Guest cdmackay

Apols if this is old stuff, but has anyone got Wireless Tether for Root Users working, with MCR 3.2?

I've tried 1.60, 1.70 and the latest 2.0-pre8, and they all force close instantly on start.

Am i missing something obvious?

thanks much indeed.