10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Paul,

I've installed Hebrew fonts on my Hero device with MoDaCo 2.3 (I must :) ) and It seems to be causing the new people widgets force close (by touch) when I have contacts named in Hebrew on the list.

Any chance you can give us some solutions on how to solve this issue? I really want to use that widget!

Thank you,

Lior.

Guest minty1978
I seem to be getting quite a few com.htc.provider force closes since I upgraded. Doesn't actually seem to break anything, but is a bit annoying.

Anyone else have that, and anyone know how to fix it?

hello,

if you are using the 'peep' application, it will be down to that. Peep is suffering twitapocolypse...HTC are working with Twitter for a fix.

Guest markiemrboo

With regards to the lock screen issue I was having (weird, couldn't slide down to unlock and it was just text, no graphics. Had to press the menu button to unlock).... restarted my phone and it's back to normal :)

I am trying to remove some apps according the description in the top of this thread. I've installed the 2.3 ROM;

When I boot into the regular ROM, connect USB and type (on Mac), it cannot find the device:

hcp1:ADB ktukker$ ./adb remount

* daemon not running. starting it now *

* daemon started successfully *

remount failed: Invalid argument

When I boot into the rescue Rom (Home+Power), connect USB, the following error shows:

dhcp1:ADB ktukker$ ./adb remount

I can access the device, but the /system is not mounted ......

What am I missing here?

hello,

if you are using the 'peep' application, it will be down to that. Peep is suffering twitapocolypse...HTC are working with Twitter for a fix.

Hi

Yes, that is it. I'll disable Peep updates until they have fixed it. In the meantime can someone recommend a good twitter client? I heard Twitdroid was OK, but would like a personal recommendation, so I know who to blame if it's rubbish!! :)

Thanks,

Ben

Guest TafKas1929
Hi

Yes, that is it. I'll disable Peep updates until they have fixed it. In the meantime can someone recommend a good twitter client? I heard Twitdroid was OK, but would like a personal recommendation, so I know who to blame if it's rubbish!! :)

Thanks,

Ben

Hi, I find twidgit lite to be a great little replacement until peep is working again, the widget doesn't take up much space on your home screen either, and it makes a tweet sound when you have new tweets.....

Guest milko9000

In 2.3 as well as the Peep problem I seem to have a problem with the weather widget - the one on its own page, not the homescreen. It doesn't seem to update properly until I tap to go into the full app now. Once I have, if I come back out it updates the widget.

Guest gavinfabl
Hi

Thanks,

Ben

I Tweet appears to be the best out of the bunch. Surprising me how good it is.

In 2.3 as well as the Peep problem I seem to have a problem with the weather widget - the one on its own page, not the homescreen. It doesn't seem to update properly until I tap to go into the full app now. Once I have, if I come back out it updates the widget.

I had that problem with the stock T-mobile ROM so can't really blame custom 2.3 for that...

Isn't the issue with Peep a problem for all ROM versions, rather than 2.3? To be honest I stopped using Peep very soon after I got the Hero. Not because I didn't like it...it just never updated when it was supposed to. I'd set it to 5mins, but it'd only update when I went into the app.

I've used Twidroid ever since

I also have this problem, have the default clock (clock + weather) and many times when the com.htc.provider error shows the weather also disappear from the homescreen clock. Don't use the full weather widget so don't know that behaviour.

Any word on an update from htc regarding peep?

guys...

i updated my ROM, very easily...

followed the guides....nandroid backup etc....

Thats was perfect, then i updated the Radio part last night, certain little things seem to have happened since that update.

For example, the photo album widget, after a while, the gesture to move between images (up & down gesture) does not work, or even tapping the image to open it. That doesnt work either. If i remove the widget, then add it back again its fine...until some time later it freezes again.

Any ideas?

I didnt backup or wipe for the Radio update?

Should i be doing so?

One other thing, that has been discussed earlier in this thread I think, is some slightly odd behaviour with the qwerty keyboard.

If you have typed a word or part of a word but got one of the letters wrong, it shows you possibilites for the word. You can either press enter, comma, or full stop to accept the suggestion (or tap it). It then adds a space automatically after that punctuation. However it doesn't add a space if you have typed a word correctly (i.e. there is no suggestion highlighted).

This is new: the previous version would choose the selected word on a tap of the punctuation mark, but you would then need to press space as normal.

Now I don't really mind it putting the space in, but I would like it to be consistent; put the space in when you press a comma or full stop under any circumstance, or don't do it at all. What I do find annoying is that after a full stop, it puts the space in but doesn't capitalise the next word automatically. If you do a full stop normally and press space then it does capitalise the next word.

Does that make sense? Does anyone else see it as an annoyance? Any way of changing it?

Cheers,

Ben

(edited for cack-handedness!)

Edited by bbawden

Guest milko9000
I also have this problem, have the default clock (clock + weather) and many times when the com.htc.provider error shows the weather also disappear from the homescreen clock. Don't use the full weather widget so don't know that behaviour.

Any word on an update from htc regarding peep?

they tweeted the other night (ironically enough) that a fix was coming as fast as they could.

My market won't start a download of anything now, wondering if my install of the ROM is jiggered or what. Nope, cancel that it just started again. Odd.

Edited by milko9000

Guest adolfopacheco

I still have the problem that I can not Fasboot my Hero, seems to be something related to the ones that were made for Taiwan, Singapore, etc, that came with ROM version 2.73.707.9 and with HBOOT 1.76.0007. Apparently, there is no way to change the HBOOT and for some reason this ROM version has some extra security that does not allow to install a Generic, Stock or modified ROM, I have already tried with flashrec and it does not work. I believe that I have tried all the methods possible to change my ROM but without luck. I am a little desperate because the keyboard on this version is the worst and it does not have the compact qwerty that I use the most and the prediction comes only in chinese languages.

Please HELP!!!!

My Hero comes out of the box with:

ROM: 2.73.707.9

HBOOT: 1.76.0007

KERNEL: 2.69.27-44690c1a

Software Version: 1.0.0A6288

Any help will be appreciated. :)

Guest BoogWeed

I'm currently running MCR 2.3 and have been using MCR since version 1.4.

2.0 and above did not feel as fast and smooth as versions 1.5.1 and below, I first though it was just me, but now I have 2.3 i can definatly feel it's more sluggish than before.

Don't get me wrong.... it's 100X better than the stock ROM I got the phone with, but it's not as snappy as the first few versions of MCR.

I DO have around 100+ apps installed on the SD card, but that shouldn't REALLY slow down menus etc...

Is it just me or does anyone else notice this too?

Edited by BoogWeed

Guest merccyboy
I am trying to remove some apps according the description in the top of this thread. I've installed the 2.3 ROM;

When I boot into the regular ROM, connect USB and type (on Mac), it cannot find the device:

hcp1:ADB ktukker$ ./adb remount

* daemon not running. starting it now *

* daemon started successfully *

When I boot into the rescue Rom (Home+Power), connect USB, the following error shows:

dhcp1:ADB ktukker$ ./adb remount

I can access the device, but the /system is not mounted ......

What am I missing here?

I have this exact same problem, anyone know of any proper idiots guide?

Guest RemoteSojourner

Hi Paul,

I am just wondering if this ROM is going to go in the same direction cyanogenmod is going right now i.e. cease and desist because of google :)