10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

hey paul, whats the status of the IM app? been trying to get it on my phone since the first day i received my hero. always thought it came with it. is it doable/possible to accomplish? i prefer the native one by far.

I had it working, just needs some more tweaking I think, watch this space!

P

Guest Keramidas
When i use Wifi with 2.5.1 my the htc hero browser hangs and wil not load the webpage if i use youtube with wifi it works very weird..

Try the previous radio version, someone else in this thread mentioned that it works fine.

By the way: For those who have problems with protected apps (eg: TalSMS) in the Market: I'm seeing the same issues on 2 phones with different ROM versions, so I'm convinced it's an intermittent problem with the servers or such...

Guest Handymeister

Hello,

I'm using a branded HTC Hero (as T-Mobile G2 Touch) and come from MoDaCo version 2.2 with radio 6.18.

First I flashed today the new Radio 7.08 and then I made a reboot.

Then I flashed the MoDaCo version 2.5.1.

But now the phones won't work. It is in a boot-loop. I come to the lockscreen and then it shut's down and starts again :-(

I'm now back at v2.2, but what's the problem? Has anyone an idea?

Thanks a lot :-))

Edited by Handymeister

Guest Beekhouse
Try the previous radio version, someone else in this thread mentioned that it works fine.

By the way: For those who have problems with protected apps (eg: TalSMS) in the Market: I'm seeing the same issues on 2 phones with different ROM versions, so I'm convinced it's an intermittent problem with the servers or such...

After a re-flash of 2.5.1 wifi works fine with the newest radio.

But what's the fuzz about apps not showing in the market because when i search for autostarts it doesn't show up either, do i have to reset something?

Guest Deegzor

I installed modaco 2,3 but it was kinda laggy so i installed htc:s official rom from htc:s site to my hero now that 2.5 rom is released i want to install it so my question is do i need to root my hero again before doing so or is it fine just to use ra recovery to run modaco 2.5 rom?

Guest Keramidas
I installed modaco 2,3 but it was kinda laggy so i installed htc:s official rom from htc:s site to my hero now that 2.5 rom is released i want to install it so my question is do i need to root my hero again before doing so or is it fine just to use ra recovery to run modaco 2.5 rom?

You don't need to root your old ROM (and anyhow, Modaco 2.3 is already rooted); just boot in recovery mode and flash the new one, which is also rooted out-of-the-box :-)

Guest ratcom
After a re-flash of 2.5.1 wifi works fine with the newest radio.

But what's the fuzz about apps not showing in the market because when i search for autostarts it doesn't show up either, do i have to reset something?

I get around it by pressing menu and selecting "paid apps" then I can see them fine

Guest Beekhouse
I get around it by pressing menu and selecting "paid apps" then I can see them fine

I can see paid apps to but not the one there talking about so i was just curious.

Guest Beekhouse
just tried and I'm finding it..... did you flash from a wipe ?

Nope didnt wipe and I dont wanna wipe, maybe ill do it when i cant find an app that i want, but for now i dont have any real problems with it. :)

Guest Ignis1982

Anyone else with the email widget bug?

If you tap the thrash button it just deletes the email without asking. Quite dangerous while scrolling through panels

Guest Keramidas
I can see paid apps to but not the one there talking about so i was just curious.

Same problem here: I can see paid & free apps, no problem, but not protected apps. Even the apps that I bought !

Examples of protected apps: "autostarts", "talsms", "picsay pro", "photo burst", "camera zoom" ...

I never had this problem until today. Reverting to a week-old nandroid backup (of MoDaCo 2.2) did *not* help, so I suspect a server-side issue ?

After upgrading to 2.5.1 it worked for 1-2 hours, and now I don't see these apps anymore.

If someone has a magic trick to fix this Market problem, please share...

Guest ratcom

If you tap the thrash button it just deletes the email without asking. Quite dangerous while scrolling through panels

Yep just tried it myself and agree it could be dangerous however I dont see that theres much we can do about it tbh

Guest Ignis1982
Yep just tried it myself and agree it could be dangerous however I dont see that theres much we can do about it tbh

well, it all depends on paul, as usual :)

Guest kendon

same problem here.

purchased apps - so you cant pirate them.

there are also free protected apps, it just means you can't copy them to your sdcard and thereby anywhere else. unless you are root...

Guest MaddoxComeHome

Thanks for the new ROM, Paul. It works great so far.

If you don't mind, I'd like to request the inclusion of libspeech.so in later versions. It's not too much of a hassle for me to push it manually each time I do an update, but I'm sure everyone else might appreciate having voice search capability ;)

Keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to the Hero kernel source drop and what you can cook up with it.

Guest Mark'Oh!
Thanks for the new ROM, Paul. It works great so far.

If you don't mind, I'd like to request the inclusion of libspeech.so in later versions. It's not too much of a hassle for me to push it manually each time I do an update, but I'm sure everyone else might appreciate having voice search capability :D

Keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to the Hero kernel source drop and what you can cook up with it.

how would you do that? and where did you get the files from? please tell me :)

Guest MetotRon

Paul,

Thank you for you ROM and fantastic job.

I've installed your new Rom 2.5.1. All system works well, but doesn't work confirmation of delete e-mails in desktop wedged. I've check that option, it's switched on. But after update, my ee-mail deleted if you press trash button in widget without confirmation, so I remove widget (it's dangerous to use it know and already delete several important e-mails).

Is it possible to repair?

Guest opteron165

Hi Pual, I am from Taiwan

2.51 rom can add Chinese IME ?

Please,thanks!!!!

'enhanced' pack have Chinese IME?

On computer Coverage 2.5.1 rom data?

My english is not good sorry.

Edited by opteron165