BW WM7 Black and Blue Windows Phone 6.5 ROM Final

Guest blazingwolf

K, I've got a question cause I was just looking at a little in the phone, cause I just updated today (which btw is nice) Howcome when I open up the taskmanager its seeeeeeeeems that there are a lot more programs running in 7 or 6.5 than there was before. I don't remember all these programs being brought up before, cause when I try to just open up the task manager it locks up, i push the end button and open it up again and its all there.

Guest blazingwolf
Bugger! Ohh well. So has there been any changes between this build and the 234## (these numbers are getting weird. I saw on Redmond Pie that a lot of the buttons at the bottom got changed to icons and less words. Is that true for this build as well?

Why doesn't MS put a change log out there.

23400 series is com4 which is a new branch of 6.5.1. 23049 is an older base and is com3. However, 23049 is a newer build as it just came out. 23412 came out on the same day but it is a week older then this one.

Guest blazingwolf
K, I've got a question cause I was just looking at a little in the phone, cause I just updated today (which btw is nice) Howcome when I open up the taskmanager its seeeeeeeeems that there are a lot more programs running in 7 or 6.5 than there was before. I don't remember all these programs being brought up before, cause when I try to just open up the task manager it locks up, i push the end button and open it up again and its all there.

The task manager you are opening is not the original task manager. This is the dotFred task manager which is a lot more powerful than the one provided by MS. The page it opens to is processes that are running. If you want to see running apps then tap on the down carrot in the right upper corner and choose applications.

I have included the Showcase Task Manager for closing of apps which can be used by tapping on the clock in the upper bar.

Guest Propaganda Panda
Here a pic of your new ROM in action. Running Bliss and Jeffery Black Theme.

Thanks for your Work. Seems to be running very good.

post-552026-1253134753_thumb.png

That looks really cool. How do i get that setup?

and BW, great work man. sure there are little bumps here and there, but that's the price of admission. I love this build tho.

23400 series is com4 which is a new branch of 6.5.1. 23049 is an older base and is com3. However, 23049 is a newer build as it just came out. 23412 came out on the same day but it is a week older then this one.

So would it be better to stick with the 234xx series? If so, i hope i can still download that from you.

**scratch that, i found the download link of your 23409 rom.**

Edited by Mi6

Guest MikeDaGeek

Just a general question to the thread dwellers ... What does everyone use for sound profile switching? I've been a huge fan of Phonelalarm for years .. but the only way to run it under these themes is to use Second Today.

Has anyone found an easier way of changing sounds schemes so the constant flow of emails at night don't make sounds?

Guest IamReady
Just a general question to the thread dwellers ... What does everyone use for sound profile switching? I've been a huge fan of Phonelalarm for years .. but the only way to run it under these themes is to use Second Today.

Has anyone found an easier way of changing sounds schemes so the constant flow of emails at night don't make sounds?

I use SPBPhone... but I have to use 2nd Today as well with it. I do like it though; I modified the "Set" soft key when you are on the clock in Titanium to a link for 2nd Today. Makes it easier to get to...

Guest blazingwolf
I use SPBPhone... but I have to use 2nd Today as well with it. I do like it though; I modified the "Set" soft key when you are on the clock in Titanium to a link for 2nd Today. Makes it easier to get to...

Why do you need to use 2nd Today with Phone Suite? Everything should still work with the today plugin disabled.

Guest blazingwolf
i love this ROM, except the dialer & call log, can i get a different one to replace existing? THANKS

There are several 3rd party ones that you can get. Phone_Ex is one I can think of off the top of my head.

Guest blazingwolf
hate to be cheap, however, anything else, do u have the cabs for the original dialer & call log in black, does it have to be installed to device memory?

No I don't have cabs for them. Have you checked in the file repos? There is one in the stickied threads for the i900.

I took the Samsung dialer out on purpose because it does not work correctly with these builds.

Guest IamReady
Why do you need to use 2nd Today with Phone Suite? Everything should still work with the today plugin disabled.

I use it to get to the profiles quickly. I have it set to automatically change the device volume to vibrate when I have a meeting scheduled; however, there are numerous times people walk in my office or I am called into a meeting unscheduled. I can get to the profile quickly and change it to meeting mode for a set amount of time, and then it changes back to the normal profile on its on. I have just found I like having quick access to it... besides, 2nd Today is where I display WeatherPanel also. :)

Guest blazingwolf
I use it to get to the profiles quickly. I have it set to automatically change the device volume to vibrate when I have a meeting scheduled; however, there are numerous times people walk in my office or I am called into a meeting unscheduled. I can get to the profile quickly and change it to meeting mode for a set amount of time, and then it changes back to the normal profile on its on. I have just found I like having quick access to it... besides, 2nd Today is where I display WeatherPanel also. :)

That makes sense. :)

Guest popsinger

Hey BW,

the following is a message i wrote to lioryte about his rom since that's what i flashed to just because i really need a very lite rom right now but anyway, i am just hoping that you might have a solution to my problem. here it is:

[ok. on all the other roms i've flashed to up to 23047, once i install phone ex, it configures itself to be the default dialer and contacts (including the hardware call button). on this rom, when i press the hardware call button, it goes to the samsung dialer instead of phone ex. the only way to get to phone ex dialer is thru contacts. weird. don't know if it's the build as this is my first 23049 flash. to be honest though, i really like your rom since it's so minimal and all i've installed is what i really need now. i can always install extras as the need arises. but this problem bugs me and i will be forced to look for another "base" rom like yours where phone ex works like the way it's supposed to. i really don't want to though. i would like to stick with this for a while until another build that's much better comes out. i am just tired of flashing. lol. i like this one!]

anyway, hope you can help me with this one. thank you very much!

Look at this screen shot. Can you tell me what is fixed in it?

YAY! The bottom toolbar is fully accessable. Looks great

(very interrested in your thread :) and comments, just walked in from work and had to see what I missed today.)

Edited by jagnfly

Guest blazingwolf
Does this mean that there is a new rom coming up :)

Will you be using the new kitchen to build with also?

Yes, a new ROM will be coming out.

I haven't really played with the new kitchen much. I will need to play with it more before I start using it.

Guest blazingwolf
Hey BW,

the following is a message i wrote to lioryte about his rom since that's what i flashed to just because i really need a very lite rom right now but anyway, i am just hoping that you might have a solution to my problem. here it is:

[ok. on all the other roms i've flashed to up to 23047, once i install phone ex, it configures itself to be the default dialer and contacts (including the hardware call button). on this rom, when i press the hardware call button, it goes to the samsung dialer instead of phone ex. the only way to get to phone ex dialer is thru contacts. weird. don't know if it's the build as this is my first 23049 flash. to be honest though, i really like your rom since it's so minimal and all i've installed is what i really need now. i can always install extras as the need arises. but this problem bugs me and i will be forced to look for another "base" rom like yours where phone ex works like the way it's supposed to. i really don't want to though. i would like to stick with this for a while until another build that's much better comes out. i am just tired of flashing. lol. i like this one!]

anyway, hope you can help me with this one. thank you very much!

I haven't used Phone_Ex before. I will have to look in to it before I can tell if I can fix it or not.