BW WM7 Black and Blue Windows Phone 6.5 ROM Final

Guest blazingwolf

are there any showstopping issues in this ROM? I use my phone for cell, email, light GPS nav, web browsing, and light texting. I want to change to this ROM, but only if the main functions are reliable and the OS stable. I've read many of the thread entries, and haven't seen any issues, but thought I would ask, as I haven't read every entry.

I would say all the issues I have seen have been documented in this thread and none are a deal breaker. The OK/Close setting needs to be set to a button for the initial setup of phone settings - but then can be changed. The old dialers that a lot of people seem to like don't work properly and BW doesn't include it - the one included works well. This ROM has been extremely stable for me and I perform all the functions you list and more with the exception of pushed email - I access mine directly through the web browser for my very limited needs there. Any bugs in the ROM, BW is very quick to respond to and test.

I'm extremely happy to have this ROM

Guest blazingwolf
First - Thanks BW for all of your great work. I'm still on the Night 1.4 with MS. I've truely enjoyed using your ROMS to date.

You are making it hard to stick with MS! I've never worked with Titanium, but this ROM looks very promising.

Given 6.5.1 is still under development, are there any showstopping issues in this ROM? I use my phone for cell, email, light GPS nav, web browsing, and light texting. I want to change to this ROM, but only if the main functions are reliable and the OS stable. I've read many of the thread entries, and haven't seen any issues, but thought I would ask, as I haven't read every entry.

Again, thanks for your great work!

I do everything you do including using push email and I have not had any issues with this build. :)

Glad you like my other ROMs. :D

Guest blazingwolf
I would say all the issues I have seen have been documented in this thread and none are a deal breaker. The OK/Close setting needs to be set to a button for the initial setup of phone settings - but then can be changed. The old dialers that a lot of people seem to like don't work properly and BW doesn't include it - the one included works well. This ROM has been extremely stable for me and I perform all the functions you list and more with the exception of pushed email - I access mine directly through the web browser for my very limited needs there. Any bugs in the ROM, BW is very quick to respond to and test.

I'm extremely happy to have this ROM

Thanks for the kind words. :)

Guest dbsimms63

Does your ROM have Opera, and if so is it their new version 10? I have been using it and I like it, along with Skyfire, but I'm able to download things better with Opera, that's why I want it.

Guest 07aspenx
Does your ROM have Opera, and if so is it their new version 10? I have been using it and I like it, along with Skyfire, but I'm able to download things better with Opera, that's why I want it.

Opera 10 is only for windows and not windows mobile.

When I choose the Call History button on the keypad, I get this error: "The file SECContact cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found."

Note: This occurs with the blue SECdialer.dll.

Any suggestions?

Guest blazingwolf

It contains Opera 9.5. The Opera 9.7 beta is not included.

Guest blazingwolf
When I choose the Call History button on the keypad, I get this error: "The file SECContact cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found."

Note: This occurs with the blue SECdialer.dll.

Any suggestions?

The dialer is expecting you to have the Samsung call log and phonebook. Those are not included with this ROM.

Guest blazingwolf
How can I make your ROM accept different language SIP and change the region setting?

The original Omnia can do that.

You will need to install a keyboard that has a different language. I removed everything but English.

You will need to install a keyboard that has a different language. I removed everything but English.

I think this is only my problem to ask for help.

I have one MonsterChinese WM5 works in WM6.1 and the Region Setting can show some Chinese options.

But I tried many times, it can not do the same thing in WM6.5

Is there any block in WM6.5 ROM that I can not install different language package?

Thanks for helping!

Been using this MOST EXCELLENT ROM for about a week. Two observations. My experience has shown battery life has decreased. I know there are several factors that go into that but, again, my experience has shown a modest decrease. While this is the best ROM for WinMo 6.5/7 I just cant get myself to stay with WinMo when MS3 is just far and away superior. Hands down the simplest and most enjoyable experience. I put MS3 on top of this and haven't seen many issues so I'll keep it for a while but the battery drain may force me back to your other ROM - Night MS3. I was so used to the OK button at the top that I find myself going to the top and then back down to hit ok. Kinda funny.

I've tried all your ROM's Blazey and love your work.

Peace!

Guest blazingwolf
BW, Is it possible to get cgps to work in the neo theme? If not could you point me in the right direction to get the info to do it.

I plan on working on it but have not gotten to it yet.

Guest blazingwolf
I think this is only my problem to ask for help.

I have one MonsterChinese WM5 works in WM6.1 and the Region Setting can show some Chinese options.

But I tried many times, it can not do the same thing in WM6.5

Is there any block in WM6.5 ROM that I can not install different language package?

Thanks for helping!

There is nothing I know about that would stop that from working but it might not like 6.5. You might try another ROM to see if that helps.

Guest blazingwolf
Been using this MOST EXCELLENT ROM for about a week. Two observations. My experience has shown battery life has decreased. I know there are several factors that go into that but, again, my experience has shown a modest decrease. While this is the best ROM for WinMo 6.5/7 I just cant get myself to stay with WinMo when MS3 is just far and away superior. Hands down the simplest and most enjoyable experience. I put MS3 on top of this and haven't seen many issues so I'll keep it for a while but the battery drain may force me back to your other ROM - Night MS3. I was so used to the OK button at the top that I find myself going to the top and then back down to hit ok. Kinda funny.

I've tried all your ROM's Blazey and love your work.

Peace!

I'm glad you like the ROM. I'll look in to the battery life.

Blazingwolf - Thank you. This is a GREAT ROM. I was running another one also WM 6.5.1 and was having problems miss-selecting items when trying to scroll. I had almost deciced to go back to BGill55's v2.2 ROM. The theme's were not great but it worked beautifully. Instead I decided to try this ROM. I'm glad I did. So far - it's been runnig about 2 hours it works very nicely and looks great.

Keep up the good work. Folks like you and BGill have helped transfrom the Omnia froma good device to a superb one. I think I speak for alot of people when I say we appreciate the hard work.

Thank you.

:)

Guest blazingwolf
Blazingwolf - Thank you. This is a GREAT ROM. I was running another one also WM 6.5.1 and was having problems miss-selecting items when trying to scroll. I had almost deciced to go back to BGill55's v2.2 ROM. The theme's were not great but it worked beautifully. Instead I decided to try this ROM. I'm glad I did. So far - it's been runnig about 2 hours it works very nicely and looks great.

Keep up the good work. Folks like you and BGill have helped transfrom the Omnia froma good device to a superb one. I think I speak for alot of people when I say we appreciate the hard work.

Thank you.

:D

Glad you like the ROM and thanks for the kind words. :)

i really like the rom, but using igo8 does anyone notice it taking a little bit longer to get a lock? idk it could be me but it threw me off cause the last build like about 2 minutes of having it on in totally random places i'd get a lock

now it takes about 5 minutes.

otherwise the rom runs very nicely and I totally love that I not only found this site, but that i jumped on the blazewolf train.

:)

also i'm hyped for the newer build of course, i love jumping on anything I can as soon as it comes out.

Edited by Vahnyyz

I'm glad you like the ROM. I'll look in to the battery life.

I think the battery life is a bit better. It really depends on many factors. I always use manual for back light. Set email to only sync every 2 hours, and much more to save on battery. Don't know what you could do to the rom, really up to the user. BTW, great rom you have!! Thanks

Edited by melp

Thanks! I am new to cooking and just started mucking around few days ago (Just got the i910 3 days ago on a warranty exchange from a Storm) Like it much better, but hated the old 6.1 theme, to designed for stylus even with spd. But thanks again! I did it and love it.

One issue that I am having (noob issue more then likely) is that the screen does not black out after x amount of time, just dims and sits there one the whole time, even after I lock it. Is there a setting that I am missing? Thanks!