BW WM7 Black and Blue Windows Phone 6.5 ROM Final

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
One issue that I am having (noob issue more then likely) is that the screen does not black out after x amount of time, just dims and sits there one the whole time, even after I lock it. Is there a setting that I am missing? Thanks!

Sounds like you changed the task bar icons. This is one of the issues that can occur from doing that.

One issue that I am having (noob issue more then likely) is that the screen does not black out after x amount of time, just dims and sits there one the whole time, even after I lock it. Is there a setting that I am missing? Thanks!

In some rom versions(and I can't remember which ones, sry) the lock that is being used, is causing your problem. On mine, it did that, and also the phone got very hot. Just try flashing another rom version. Right now, I am using 23053, and is ok.

Does anyone lnow the name of the standard outlook calendar program in this rom? I know it is there as you can get to it from thumbcal. I prefer the WM6.5 standard calendar program though. It is not Calendar in the Windows dorectory, that open Thumbcal.

Thanks.

Guest blazingwolf
Does anyone lnow the name of the standard outlook calendar program in this rom? I know it is there as you can get to it from thumbcal. I prefer the WM6.5 standard calendar program though. It is not Calendar in the Windows dorectory, that open Thumbcal.

Thanks.

You have to do a reg edit to get it back. It has been shown in this thread a couple of times.

Guest blazingwolf

New version added to the first post. :)

Added:

GPS Radar to Titanium Weather

Autocalllocker by JohKarJes

Samsung SDK

New theme by Jeffrey2000

LZX compression in WoZZer kitchen (adds more space with a better compression algorhythm)

Updated:

SYS and XIP to 23053

CLauncher .25

SkyFire 1.1.0.13052

Fixed:

Graphical fixes to Neo theme to be more uniform

Added:

Samsung SDK

New theme by Jeffrey2000

LZX compression in WoZZer kitchen (adds more space with a better compression algorhythm)

Updated:

SYS and XIP to 23053

CLauncher .25

SkyFire 1.1.0.13052

Fixed:

Nice. I can't wait to try out the new ROM. I might flash to it later tonight when I am catching up on my reading for a few of my classes.

Added:

Samsung SDK

New theme by Jeffrey2000

Updated:

SYS and XIP to 23053

CLauncher .25

SkyFire 1.1.0.13052

Fixed:

I just flashed this yesterday, and will most likely reflash with the new version but I have some questions...

1. Is there a way to have a "default" ringtone or do I have to set a personalized one for every single contact... As it stands now if somebody calls me who is in my contact list it won't ring unless I select a ringtone in their contact menu. I have over 100 contacts and going through adding the ringtone to all of them will be very annoying.

2. Is there a way to customize the home screen? Some of the things that are on there I will never use...

3. Is there any way for it to autodetect programs that I have already installed onto my sd card or my storage memory(flashing doesn't kill them) so they wind up in my menu without reinstalling them?

Thanks in advance for answering, this is the first non-verizon rom I've installed and you've made a believer out of me on how much better my omnia can be than what they did with it hehe

Got the new ROM up and running, for the most part everything runs fine. My only problem is with the GPS Radar, it will not update my location or radar. When I try to exit the app I get a popup saying there was an error, but because I don't have NETCFv3.5.Message? installed it cannot display the error message.

Any thoughts?

Guest TheDrizzle
I just flashed this yesterday, and will most likely reflash with the new version but I have some questions...

1. Is there a way to have a "default" ringtone or do I have to set a personalized one for every single contact... As it stands now if somebody calls me who is in my contact list it won't ring unless I select a ringtone in their contact menu. I have over 100 contacts and going through adding the ringtone to all of them will be very annoying.

2. Is there a way to customize the home screen? Some of the things that are on there I will never use...

3. Is there any way for it to autodetect programs that I have already installed onto my sd card or my storage memory(flashing doesn't kill them) so they wind up in my menu without reinstalling them?

Thanks in advance for answering, this is the first non-verizon rom I've installed and you've made a believer out of me on how much better my omnia can be than what they did with it hehe

1. Just go into Start-> settings -> notifications and sounds -> Notifications page, and make sure "incoming call" is selected as the "Event" and just pick any ringtone. That will be the default ring.

2. There should be something in the Utilities menu called "CHomeEditor". It takes a little getting used to but you can use that to add or remove panels to Titanium

3. Using the file explorer, go to storage card -> program files, find the program you want, hold on the EXE, select "copy" then go to /Windows/Start Menu/Programs, select "edit" -> "paste shortcut" and it will instantly show up in your start menu. Not sure if there is a utility to that en mass, but this way will work.

Have fun.

Edited by TheDrizzle

Guest RyanTheTragic13

I was planning on flashing this tonight but for some reason my phone won't flash! I do everything the same as I have always done but when I plug it in to my computer and turn it on it starts up and the UMDL gives a few errors and then a "PDA Device not found" message. I have never had trouble before so I'm completely dumbfounded as to why it isn't working now. I guess I'll just have to try again tomorrow.

I was planning on flashing this tonight but for some reason my phone won't flash! I do everything the same as I have always done but when I plug it in to my computer and turn it on it starts up and the UMDL gives a few errors and then a "PDA Device not found" message. I have never had trouble before so I'm completely dumbfounded as to why it isn't working now. I guess I'll just have to try again tomorrow.

make sure device manager or active sync is disabled!

Guest RyanTheTragic13
make sure device manager or active sync is disabled!

Yeah, I put USB Connection Mode to Mass Storage so I don't think that is the problem. I've also unchecked the boxes in Mobile Device Center. Still stumped by this one.

Edited by RyanTheTragic13

Guest blazingwolf
Yeah, I put USB Connection Mode to Mass Storage so I don't think that is the problem. I've also unchecked the boxes in Mobile Device Center. Still stumped by this one.

USB does not need to be set to mass storage. The connection settings to WMDC or activesync must be turned off.

Guest RyanTheTragic13
USB does not need to be set to mass storage. The connection settings to WMDC or activesync must be turned off.

Wow...I hope that is what I have been doing wrong. I could have sworn that I have been doing it that way all along though! I will try again on my lunch break. Thanks for the help bga7x and blazingwolf.

Guest Solange82200
Wow...I hope that is what I have been doing wrong. I could have sworn that I have been doing it that way all along though! I will try again on my lunch break. Thanks for the help bga7x and blazingwolf.

I always flash mine on usb storage mode, there is nothing wrong with doing it that way. A lot of people do it on Activesync mode too, I guess it works both ways, but yesterday I accidentally forgot to put it on usb mass storage mode before flashing, I got an error midway. I was freaking out, I thought I had bricked it. I wanted to turn it back on so I could change it to usb mass storage mode, but it kept getting stuck at the Samsung Omnia welcome screen. So I just tried reflashing it again as it was, and it worked that time. But after that first scare Im going to stick with always doing it on usb mass storage more, Ive had good luck that way so far..

Guest RyanTheTragic13

Well, it appears I finally got it to work. I don't know why I had been able to flash on Mass Storage mode before but wasn't able to this time. It worked fine to just disable activesync and I'm looking forward to getting this new rom all setup and running! Thanks again to all.

Guest sfrancis

First let me say I have been using your roms for a long time and love them. Keep up the great work!

Just installed 23053 and am running into an issue restoring a backup made with SPB backup. Specifically, \cemail.vol cannot be restored. I used total commander to remove read only attributes but that didn't help. I can't delete it using file explorer or total commander either.

Any ideas? It's never had an issue restoring backups with any of your other roms.

Guest blazingwolf
Well, it appears I finally got it to work. I don't know why I had been able to flash on Mass Storage mode before but wasn't able to this time. It worked fine to just disable activesync and I'm looking forward to getting this new rom all setup and running! Thanks again to all.

Great. :)

Just wanna say thanks for the great rom. The last few of your builds have made me decide to keep my recently purchased omnia, its like having a whole new phone.

Edited by boxes