BW WM7 Black and Blue Windows Phone 6.5 ROM Final

Guest blazingwolf

First off, Thank you so much for your latest ROM, Blazingwolf!

I've been hating my stock Windows Mobile 6.1 Pro Omnia for a while, but now, with your new ROM, it's like a whole new phone. Didn't know the Omnia was capable of such ease of use and speed.

I've kept pretty much everything to your stock ROM, since it felt pretty perfect as it were. However, only issue that I currently have is the keyboard. Your stock keyboard is freaking awesome but it wouldn't register and type into a couple of programs that I've installed. I'm a pharmacist student and I desperately need to use a clinical software but won't let me type in anything. Are you aware of this issue? Or maybe it's just me getting owned... Any help would be appreciated... Thanks for your time!

Guest blazingwolf
First off, Thank you so much for your latest ROM, Blazingwolf!

I've been hating my stock Windows Mobile 6.1 Pro Omnia for a while, but now, with your new ROM, it's like a whole new phone. Didn't know the Omnia was capable of such ease of use and speed.

I've kept pretty much everything to your stock ROM, since it felt pretty perfect as it were. However, only issue that I currently have is the keyboard. Your stock keyboard is freaking awesome but it wouldn't register and type into a couple of programs that I've installed. I'm a pharmacist student and I desperately need to use a clinical software but won't let me type in anything. Are you aware of this issue? Or maybe it's just me getting owned... Any help would be appreciated... Thanks for your time!

Glad you like the ROM. :D

There are some issues with the keyboard and Google Maps. Can't remember hearing of any other program problems though. Only suggestion I can give you is to try another keyboard. FingerKeyboard is free and might work for you better.

Guest jesus169

So I sent the phone I had problems with back and got a new one. No more delay on text messages but yea the keyboard not typing in google maps and some others is still a problem.

Guest rtimi28
hi guys, i downloaded the black rom but i dont know what will i do with that file... it is not exe, it is .bin file... how can i flash with this file?

Look at the top first two post of the rom page and you should find out how.

Guest rtimi28

blazinwolf is there a way you will make another rom. I like the latest rom but also like you theme. Please don't make this your final rom. the newer rom give page pool and better responsiveness. I have tried some but still need your black theme. If possible omnia lite cabs too. I heard the work with any cooked wm6.5.x rom but might have to do little registry tweaks.

Guest jdpinkerton

Hey all...I'm new and just flashed my phone a few days ago with the black rom. I have been showing it off to all my friends who immediatly are jelous. Thanks...awsome!

I have only had one issue though, and was wondering if anyone else had a problems with sending or recieve mms messages after flashing their phone. A friend of mine sent me a mms message and I tried to download it but it kept saying "connection failed". I thought I just had bad signal so I tired it through WiFi...same thing "connection failed. I also found that I could not send any mms messages either. Same thing..."connection failed. I am able to get internet on WiFi and the data connection through the phone. Any ideas what the problem is???

Guest blazingwolf
Hey all...I'm new and just flashed my phone a few days ago with the black rom. I have been showing it off to all my friends who immediatly are jelous. Thanks...awsome!

I have only had one issue though, and was wondering if anyone else had a problems with sending or recieve mms messages after flashing their phone. A friend of mine sent me a mms message and I tried to download it but it kept saying "connection failed". I thought I just had bad signal so I tired it through WiFi...same thing "connection failed. I also found that I could not send any mms messages either. Same thing..."connection failed. I am able to get internet on WiFi and the data connection through the phone. Any ideas what the problem is???

Well, for WiFi, it can't be used to send or receive MMS. This is a data only process.

You say the data connection works fine? You can surf the internet? have you reset the phone?

Guest jdpinkerton
Well, for WiFi, it can't be used to send or receive MMS. This is a data only process.

You say the data connection works fine? You can surf the internet? have you reset the phone?

Sooo, I just figured it out. I had the modem connection messed up. I went back and checked some of the other posts and found how to correctly set up my modem connection from post #1039. I had used the right number #777 but used a password and user name...which I found out, not to do. Thanks though for your quick response and for your hard work and help.

Sooo, I just figured it out. I had the modem connection messed up. I went back and checked some of the other posts and found how to correctly set up my modem connection from post #1039. I had used the right number #777 but used a password and user name...which I found out, not to do. Thanks though for your quick response and for your hard work and help.

I was having the same problem, but that seemed to fix it. Thnx!

I think WM7 final is probably the most feature-complete rom ive used, but the newer builds are much more responsive. Idk if id bother to make a new one if I was blazingwolf, but once 6.5 is updated to a final release in jan/feb, I'd be willing to pay blazingwolf to build a real final omnia rom... :D

Or maybe ill just get into the cooking game myself.

Guest ofos0926
There is a patched version of Marketplace so you can install programs on your storage. I attached the file below.

For the extra shortcut, have you tried using the File Explorer and going to the start menu folder and deleting it?

when i installed the Patched Marketplace and i ran the program Windows aks to update marketplace and starts to install the update but then it suddenly stops and displays a message that says ERROE WINDOWS MARKETPLACE FOR MOBILE CANNOT CONNECT RIGHT OW TRY AGAIN LATER. i am using my wifi to connect to the internet and i dont know what could be the problem any help from anyone ....

when i installed the Patched Marketplace and i ran the program Windows aks to update marketplace and starts to install the update but then it suddenly stops and displays a message that says ERROE WINDOWS MARKETPLACE FOR MOBILE CANNOT CONNECT RIGHT OW TRY AGAIN LATER. i am using my wifi to connect to the internet and i dont know what could be the problem any help from anyone ....

Try OTA for the WMP update...

The WMP update can be a little fussy at times.

Guest lovethecorners

Flashed the new ROM. It's awesome BW!!!

I like your rom always. Just only one thing is bugging me - I am not sure how to explain this - when I talk to someone I think the motion sensor is working even I changed to "manual" so I can keep hear some sort of buzzing sound during talking.

Is there anyway to solve my problem?

Thanks much.

Flashed the new ROM. It's awesome BW!!!

I like your rom always. Just only one thing is bugging me - I am not sure how to explain this - when I talk to someone I think the motion sensor is working even I changed to "manual" so I can keep hear some sort of buzzing sound during talking.

Is there anyway to solve my problem?

Thanks much.

That buzzing sound is your phone locking and unlocking because of AutoCallLocker. Search this thread if you want more information about it

Guest lovethecorners
That buzzing sound is your phone locking and unlocking because of AutoCallLocker. Search this thread if you want more information about it

Thank you :D

Guest blazingwolf
BW,

I read on another thread that you are working on a new ROM. Any ideas when it will be ready? Thanks for all of the hard work and excellent ROMs.

I'm hoping for sometime around Sunday. It will depend on family, work and other normal things.

I'm hoping for sometime around Sunday. It will depend on family, work and other normal things.

will the post be from a Android or a Omnia2 LOL :D :(

;) :D

Guest Tazzyez

Im testing out the BW rom at the moment. Also is there a way to remove the data connecting bubble when it connects to the data? One more question. When u build a rom do you use an emulator or flash ur phone with it to see it works? I'm wanting to maybe work up one. Thanks

I found the settings i needed. If someone else may need them here they are:

; Disable pop-up notification bubble when starting a wireless data call

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{8ddf 46e7-56ed-4750-9e58-afc6ce486d03}]

"Options"=dword:00000000

Edited by Tazzyez

Guest sojrner
Hmm, maybe Widows 7? :D

now THAT has me curious... Just when I was settling in for a long (and satisfied) haul with the current rom. lol :-/

incidentally, I have a co-worker that will have the omnia2 here in a day or so (verizon finally released w/ 6.5) so I'm curious how that performs and what their version of 6.5 does compared to this one. I know it is probably "older" than yours BW... but dang that hardware seems promising. I'm not up for an upgrade yet so all I can do is observe at this point anyway... Looking forward to what your 7 will be... :-D

Okay. Thanks. I am definitely looking forward to what you come out with.