BW WM7 Black and Blue Windows Phone 6.5 ROM Final

Guest blazingwolf

Guest thedeathofme

Blazingwolf

*New to flashing ROM sorry if I have one stupid question regarding using this ROM...

1. To flash just run the UMDL from my PC and follow your instructions? What if I use Windows 7 on my PC? I heard you may need to do something different if you run Vista or 7, is that right?

Great job by the way!

Guest Tazzyez
Blazingwolf

*New to flashing ROM sorry if I have one stupid question regarding using this ROM...

1. To flash just run the UMDL from my PC and follow your instructions? What if I use Windows 7 on my PC? I heard you may need to do something different if you run Vista or 7, is that right?

Great job by the way!

Let me help you a little Vista works fine,im running Vista x64 and have flashed many times. As far as Win7 i have it on my laptop and havent tried it yet. Im assuming it the same just make sure you turn off usb conections for sync. Hope i helped.

Guest thedeathofme
Let me help you a little Vista works fine,im running Vista x64 and have flashed many times. As far as Win7 i have it on my laptop and havent tried it yet. Im assuming it the same just make sure you turn off usb conections for sync. Hope i helped.

Thanks for responding,

I turned off usb for sync, set usb connection on phone to storage instead of activesync, still unable to detect with UMDL

I clicked PDA, loaded the bin file, clicked detect, pluged in my phone then turned it on... nothing is happening! dosen't detect my phone. 

This is all I get in the Downloading Log Window:

Rvalue null.. ack recive Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

PDA Device not found.

Am I doing something wrong???

TO Mr.BW

i have really newbie question..

im new to this stuff and im learning about this flash program.

im using ur 23064 rom. is this ur final and most stable rom?

it is hard to know which one is the best out of all..

which one will u consider...

TO Mr.BW

Guest blazingwolf
TO Mr.BW

Must be an important question to post it twice. :D

23064 is the latest ROM I put out. I'm working on another one I hope to have out Sunday but it might not happen then.

Guest blazingwolf
one more question... i know the i900 and i910 are different

so are the roms?? can i install ur roms to a i900? or someother i900 rom to my i910??

i900 and i910 ROMs can not be installed on the opposite device. Find and only use ROMs for the i910 or you run the risk of screwing up your phone.

Guest thedeathofme
Thanks for responding,

I turned off usb for sync, set usb connection on phone to storage instead of activesync, still unable to detect with UMDL

I clicked PDA, loaded the bin file, clicked detect, pluged in my phone then turned it on... nothing is happening! dosen't detect my phone. 

This is all I get in the Downloading Log Window:

Rvalue null.. ack recive Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

PDA Device not found.

Am I doing something wrong???

Please help, I'd really like to be able to flash to your ROM... any thoughts???

Guest Tazzyez
Please help, I'd really like to be able to flash to your ROM... any thoughts???

sorry i cant help anymore, i had the same issue but once i plugged it in for sync it looked on windows update for drivers for the cell. After M$ speedy service < haha it was installed and turning off the usb connecting on vista and cell it worked. If you figure it out let me know, its not working under Win7 x86.

To Mr. BW

wow.. ur great ur such a great help...

but i have some questions/ issue

can i install any other language??

i want korean to be install (able to read and maybe type)

and if possible japanese as well...

i installed a HangleNo5.cad i used before with my 6.1 wm but it basically bricked my phone...

i could go to many menu just make call luckly and had to reinstall ur rom...

please help me and also can i rearrange my menu?? like add messages in the main screen (the one u scroll up and down and has the time and date and weather and stuff) and

reorder the start menu (hexagons)

thanks a lot i love ur rom

Guest blazingwolf
To Mr. BW

wow.. ur great ur such a great help...

but i have some questions/ issue

can i install any other language??

i want korean to be install (able to read and maybe type)

and if possible japanese as well...

i installed a HangleNo5.cad i used before with my 6.1 wm but it basically bricked my phone...

i could go to many menu just make call luckly and had to reinstall ur rom...

please help me and also can i rearrange my menu?? like add messages in the main screen (the one u scroll up and down and has the time and date and weather and stuff) and

reorder the start menu (hexagons)

thanks a lot i love ur rom

I removed all other languages from the keyboard besides English since that is the only one I use. As for other languages I would have to make several different ROMs to accommodate other languages. Sorry, but I have no plans to do this.

Not sure about the program you mention but is it compatible with 6.5?

To rearrange the start menu just tap and hold on the icon you want to move and then move it to the location you want to move it to. :D

Guest sojrner

so a side note that I figured you all would like to know:

I've been playing with the i8000 (omnia 2) that a coworker got yesterday and came away very impressed. Yes, it is still 6.5 with no titanium UI but samsung has done an excellent job of skinning deeply into the OS to keep a very nice UI look and feel. You have to dig pretty far to find the standard tabbed windows screens. They skinned outlook nice enough and made most things more touch friendly. Colors are very "omnia-like" on everything. Overall I was pleased to see them take what I perceive to be allot of thought into the UI rather than the "tacked on" feel of the i910/900 UI and 6.1

I do think that your buttons and such are better BW. While they have done well to skin the whole OS, some of the "done" and "accept" buttons are a tad small IMO... (they really don't have a button-look per-se but rather blend into the background so it looks like you are just selecting the text, but the area of effect is still on the small side... if that makes any sense)

What I was even more impressed with though is the touch screen itself. Very nice resolution, excellent response. Felt "almost" capacitive in its responsiveness. The screen rotation is not "always on" anymore, also nice. (it only rotates in context of where you need to) the proximity sensor is a huge improvement. Micro USB instead of proprietary connector and headphone jack is nice as well. Swype keyboard is interresting... w/ some practice it could be very fast.

Cons: did not see a setting to turn on the optical D-pad we have, so that looks to be awol. Did not see anything else... Oh, the stylus is in the device now (which is good) but that almost implies that they want you to use it (which is bad)... so that is kindof a "huh?" addition as since BW's roms I've never used the stylus.

Basically, it looks like they heard about or saw nearly every flaw in the omnia and actually fixed/improved it. Not really sure if I would be satisfied with the UI forever w/o cramming a new ROM on it, but I could see being happy with it even w/o Titanium (at least for a while, then I'd probably break down and get MS for it like my coworker already did if a new rom did not exist)

...now if only I could speed up my upgrade time w/ verizon...

(still looking forward to what BW is cooking up here)

Happy Holidays all...

Guest blazingwolf

The Titanium UI can be reached on the Omnia 2. You just have to turn off the TouchWiz interface.

There is no D-Pad on the O2. Optical or otherwise.

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest whiteblazer00
The Titanium UI can be reached on the Omnia 2. You just have to turn off the TouchWiz interface.

Hey BW, any time frame on that new release?? :D

I removed all other languages from the keyboard besides English since that is the only one I use. As for other languages I would have to make several different ROMs to accommodate other languages. Sorry, but I have no plans to do this.

Not sure about the program you mention but is it compatible with 6.5?

To rearrange the start menu just tap and hold on the icon you want to move and then move it to the location you want to move it to. :D

well.. it was some what compatible with wm 6.1 atleast it let me read in korean.

any apps that will lead me to read it?? and are apps. .cad file can i install it on ur rom?

Guest sojrner

:-/

yep, I was looking for something named appropriately like "titanium" or "chome" or "cool_new_today_screen"... silly me, it was "windows default"

lol

but the D-pad absence seems an odd choice to me. I use the one on the i910 allot. meh...

Guest blazingwolf
Hey BW, any time frame on that new release?? :D

Still hoping for Sunday. I have a couple of issues I'm still trying to work though and I have to work tomorrow.

Flashed the Blue ROM.... worked well...

had more space to install my apps... lol

only one setback.... miss the samsung keypad.... was able to find it in another post, so all good from there!

THANX!

Guest thedeathofme

Yes... I read through it before I started doing anything. I'll take a second look through the posts, and hopefully theirs something in there to help me out. 

So I see your working on a Windows 7 ROM should I be holding off until Sunday?

Thanks 

Guest blazingwolf

I'm sorry but there will not be a release today. Personal life got in the way and this is the first I have been on the computer all day. I will do my best to get it out as soon as possible.

Guest whiteblazer00
I'm sorry but there will not be a release today. Personal life got in the way and this is the first I have been on the computer all day. I will do my best to get it out as soon as possible.

BW don't worry about, family comes first! and don't worry, you're faithful followers will wait for the next rom!! :D