BW WM7 Black and Blue Windows Phone 6.5 ROM Final

Guest blazingwolf

Guest 180pilot
I use a laptop to do all of my flashing. Yes, it is in Windows Mobile Device Center. Look for "Connection Settings" and make sure that "Allow USB Connections" is unchecked. No, WMDC should not be running with UMDL. There is a link to a guide below.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...m-verizon-i910/

Use Method 2 in Post 1 and Post 2 to flash to a custom ROM

Thank you. OK, got it flashed to new 6.5. Wow a lot of differences, I find trying to scroll the Windows hexigons is way too sensitive, opening items I do not want. Is there settings for sensitivity?? I find the keyboard sluggish typing into IE address window also??? Appears now I can download Windows updates, which with 6.1 I could not????

Guest 180pilot
I use a laptop to do all of my flashing. Yes, it is in Windows Mobile Device Center. Look for "Connection Settings" and make sure that "Allow USB Connections" is unchecked. No, WMDC should not be running with UMDL. There is a link to a guide below.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...m-verizon-i910/

Use Method 2 in Post 1 and Post 2 to flash to a custom ROM

Thank you. OK, got it flashed to new 6.5. Wow a lot of differences, I find trying to scroll the Windows hexigons is way too sensitive, opening items I do not want. Is there settings for sensitivity?? I find the keyboard sluggish typing into IE address window also??? Appears now I can download Windows updates, which with 6.1 I could not????

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kenyawn

what keyboard is being used in the last 2 pics of the post? and is there any way to get just that in a .cab?

Edited by Kenyawn

Guest rpmm70
what keyboard is being used in the last 2 pics of the post? and is there any way to get just that in a .cab?

I believe that is the keyboard from the LG Incite, but I don't think there is a cab for it.

• 1 month later...
Guest shadowjumper

Anyone using Google Maps with this rom? The program loads but whenever I try using the GPS feature, the programs shuts down. I'm using the CGPS plugin for titanium to control the GPS. Could that be the issue. GPS works fine with other programs (SportyPal).

Guest waremike32

This rom has Titanium Radar, which uses the file HTCSensorSDK.dll. This file breaks the latest versions of Google Maps. You can install the attached cab to disable this file and Google Maps will work normally, but you will lose the Radar function in the Titanium Weather panel. If you must have both, search out Google Maps version 3.2 or older. It's the last GM build that doesn't interfere with the .dll file.

*Install the cab to device, then soft reset.*

WM32_Google_Map_fix.cab

• 1 month later...
Guest MisterMagicFingers

I'm currently running the most updated version of BLUE on my i910. This ROM is a MAJOR improvement over the stock ones available from Verizon. Alas, I have a question:

1) My phone vibrates randomly whenever I am talking on the phone. I think it has something to do with the accelerometer, even though I have disabled the screen from switching its orientation and disabled vibrational feedback. Anyone else experience this or know how to fix it? Its very distracting.

Any ideas? Thank you!

• 2 months later...
Guest ocnitsa
I'm currently running the most updated version of BLUE on my i910. This ROM is a MAJOR improvement over the stock ones available from Verizon. Alas, I have a question:

1) My phone vibrates randomly whenever I am talking on the phone. I think it has something to do with the accelerometer, even though I have disabled the screen from switching its orientation and disabled vibrational feedback. Anyone else experience this or know how to fix it? Its very distracting.

Any ideas? Thank you!

I don't know but its happening to me too...wonder what the deal is...

Guest Micallen

Any chance of getting a MS3 version or a non UI version?

I do love this ROM. So nice to actually be able to use the FM radio. It's one of the reasons I chose the Omnia.

Guest cgbolton1
This new version is called WM7 Blue and WM7 Black. It is a little heavier than usual because of some of the itmes I have left in for more finger friendly access. This ROM is built with the SYS and XIP of 23064 which is the latest release of WM6.5...

Hi Blazingwolf,

This is the first ROM I have ever flashed on my i910 and I have had my Verizon phone for over a year now. I have played with a number of software enhancements such as iFonz 2 and SU2U but most rendered my phone unreliable and more likely to crash. Until I read this forum yesterday I wasn't even aware that I could flash the phone with a newer version of the OS. Well I decided to give it a try and followed your instructions exactly and viola I have what amounts to a whole new phone! I love that I am not so utterly reliant on the stylus now. Before I got so frustrated with the touch functions as they would constantly start apps that I wasn't intending to start and in many cases the scroll bars were so small I couldn't get pages to move. This new ROM build is so slick and now that I have gone through the process I am not feeling so much like I need to get myself an iPhone.

I hope you will continue to develop newer ROMs with even more functional enhancements. It would be nice to see a true Windows Phone 7 ROM that would would on my i910 (don't even know if that would be possible).

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciated the work and effort you put into this and for those of you considering flashing your phone, I can attest that the process is easy, painless and in the end I can assure you that you will be very satisfied!

Respectfully yours,

Chris Bolton

Guest peperonikiller

blazingwolf has been out of the cooking business for almost a year now I think. Windows Phone 7 will not be able to run on our devices..

But if you are interested in a more updated rom, check out Lioryte's thread. I have some rom's up too which I would recommend my latest Lite rom for a WinPhone7 feel... Otherwise all the usual cooks for the Omnia have moved on to newer phones im afraid to say. Good luck choosing a rom to stick with.

Guest cgbolton1
blazingwolf has been out of the cooking business for almost a year now I think. Windows Phone 7 will not be able to run on our devices..

But if you are interested in a more updated rom, check out Lioryte's thread. I have some rom's up too which I would recommend my latest Lite rom for a WinPhone7 feel... Otherwise all the usual cooks for the Omnia have moved on to newer phones im afraid to say. Good luck choosing a rom to stick with.

Hi Peperonikiller-

Thanks for the heads-up about Blazingwolf. It's too bad that he isn't doing this any more. I did take a look at what Lioryte had done and was impressed. Over the weekend I actually flashed up to DC22 & DF12 which has made a difference and then I used Thekevster's Flotanium mod which I absolutely love! I had to go back through the forum posts to read all the necessary tweak but once I got everything tweaked, the phone is more than I could have asked for. Everything runs so smoothly and there is only one weird little quirk that I ran into today and it involves the keyboard. I can't find the exclamation point and one of the WiFi routers I need to connect to has a passphrase that contains one of these characters. Otherwise I am really enjoying this mod. Of course I am interested in getting my hands on one of those new Windows Phone 7 devices and see how it compares with iPhone and Droid. I still have about a year on my contract with Verizon so I have plenty of time left to enjoy my i910. I would be happy to take a gander at the work you have done. as well.

• 1 year later...
Guest vvova64

good morning some day try to find any rom to flush mu verizon omnia to wm6.5 and all link in modaco give me:"" The file link that you requested is not valid. "