Ultralite 23088/23506, MegAmnia 21872 and Kitchen(28008/23511/23091/21874).

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest johnny2678
I HAVE A BOOTABLE ROM!!!

it took me ages and tons of trial and error but i finally have one that boots.

it's nowhere near being ready to release but i figured out why it wasn't booting.

make sure that when you transfer your OEM over to keep WoZZeR's WozXipFix in there. that's what kept mine stuck on the loading screen forever.

if this doesn't solve your problem, sorry. i do what i can. still learning.

seanosaur,

How did you get past the "ERROR - Can not open the source Uncompress file" issue you had? I'm still stuck on that.

Guest WoZZeR999

When you delete stuff from my kitchen, and it doesn't boot, doesn't that make you think "hmmmm, maybe he as that in there for a reason?"... I even told people not to delete it....

One problem I am having with the 5% dll is that my phone locks at startup progress bar if restarted while plugged in to outlet power. It might be my today screen (I use Iphonetoday) but it had never been a problem before until I started using 5% dll.

so far so good... day 2 at 30%... did flash 2x (v2) on day 1 (yesterday)... customization stuff... txt, web surfed, sync with PC outlook, few phone calls, emails...

today will be more customization stuff - love the iphonetoday because it launches apps fast (don't really care about the apple-ish look), i wish titianium was as fast - where i can see stuff i wanted to see at a glance.

just got low battery notification at 20%... updating spd news rss...

Guest seanosaur
seanosaur,

How did you get past the "ERROR - Can not open the source Uncompress file" issue you had? I'm still stuck on that.

i started from scratch and everything worked just fine. like WoZZeR said, don't delete anything unless you know EXACTLY what it does. and look at what he posted about which folders should go where when i was having that problem. if the structure is wrong, it won't work.

Guest johnny2678
i started from scratch and everything worked just fine. like WoZZeR said, don't delete anything unless you know EXACTLY what it does. and look at what he posted about which folders should go where when i was having that problem. if the structure is wrong, it won't work.

Here's what I just did step by step:

- download base kitchen 1.02 from second post

- extract ALL base_kitchen files to a new folder

- download 23053 sys/xip from second post

- extract ALL 23053 files to existing sys/rom folders in new base kitchen folder

- run shell.cmd

- run BuildROM.cmd

I got the same response I always get... Cannot find compression signature... Cannot open the source Uncompress file, etc.

here's a screenie... http://yfrog.com/0j39424669p

Any ideas to help me move past this?

Guest eclsnowman

Having some major issues today and I am stumped. Locking issues when powering on phone (no changes to installation from before) it just would hang on reboot. So I flashed to v2, phone would hang randomly. Flashed version stock C03, hard reset "my device" and "my storage", Formatted "my storage" via pc, Reflashed 23053 V2. Installed only Phone-EX. Noticed end key doesn't exit programs or lock phone like before. Anyone know if there is a registry value for the hard end key that could be messed up? I have had this problem before intermittenly and it makes me need to reflash. If it is a simple reg edit to fix that would be great. Otherwise I am thinking something my be wrong with "my device" memory area, keeps getting corrupt?

Any help would be great.

Here's what I just did step by step:

- download base kitchen 1.02 from second post

- extract ALL base_kitchen files to a new folder

- download 23053 sys/xip from second post

- extract ALL 23053 files to existing sys/rom folders in new base kitchen folder

- run shell.cmd

- run BuildROM.cmd

I got the same response I always get... Cannot find compression signature... Cannot open the source Uncompress file, etc.

here's a screenie... http://yfrog.com/0j39424669p

Any ideas to help me move past this?

Yea I am getting the same thing... Wozzer is looking at my build output log to see if he can figure it out. We gotta be missing something, I just don't know what.

/Chimp

I think i figured out you guys' problems when cooking.

I was getting the same message and then i download the Verizon OEM in post 2.

I contains all of the drivers for the phone as well.

I copied the files over to kitchen OEM and removed all of the Verizon OEM.

after that it cooked fine.

Try it and let me know

Nope I was Worng,

I can build without any problems, now i can't boot.

Just hangs on boot progress bar. I haven't removed anything and built just as i did with earlier builds.

I can't boot 23053 for the life of me, I am even using the Stock Verizon OEM Wozzer posted. I didn't do anything but extract the files according to the post on the 2nd page and build....no boot. Please help.

As far as the LZX and XPR files are concerned I have only been using the LZX.cmd, Is that right or should I be using both?

Guest eclsnowman
I think im a little retarted, and I HATE AUTO ROTATION!! how do we disable it in this rom? can't seem to figure it out.

Use registry editor of your choice:

Location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ControlPanel/MotionSensor/AutoOrientation

Value:Change from 1 to 0

There are lots of registry goodies under ControlPanel... just know what you are doing first.

Guest eclsnowman
Nope I was Worng,

I can build without any problems, now i can't boot.

Just hangs on boot progress bar. I haven't removed anything and built just as i did with earlier builds.

I can't boot 23053 for the life of me, I am even using the Stock Verizon OEM Wozzer posted. I didn't do anything but extract the files according to the post on the 2nd page and build....no boot. Please help.

As far as the LZX and XPR files are concerned I have only been using the LZX.cmd, Is that right or should I be using both?

Stock verizon oem is too big without anything removed.

Use registry editor of your choice:

Location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ControlPanel/MotionSensor/AutoOrientation

Value:Change from 1 to 0

There are lots of registry goodies under ControlPanel... just know what you are doing first.

does any one have Advanced Config cab?

Thanks in advance

I've tried removing stuff and i've tried adryn's OEM. I can't get it to boot, i've tried 23052 as well. I"ve tried fresh kitchens with both OEMs, I've deleted everything from OEM apps (wich has booted before) i don't know what i'm doing wrong here

Guest xenspidey
I've tried removing stuff and i've tried adryn's OEM. I can't get it to boot, i've tried 23052 as well. I"ve tried fresh kitchens with both OEMs, I've deleted everything from OEM apps (wich has booted before) i don't know what i'm doing wrong here

Do you have a .ROM folder under SYS/23053? That could be your problem

Do you have a .ROM folder under SYS/23053? That could be your problem

Nope, no Rom folder there, I have no problem booting using XPR. but LZX i give up after about 10 minutes of waiting lol.

Anywho,

Wozzer do you have the package for the 1% battery and graphic I LOVE IT. Thanks!!

Guest WoZZeR999

I was out in the sand dunes in the wrangler over the weekend. I'm back and don't know what I've missed. It looks like 23053 is still the latest com4 branch, and 414 the latest com3 branch...

I was out in the sand dunes in the wrangler over the weekend. I'm back and don't know what I've missed. It looks like 23053 is still the latest com4 branch, and 414 the latest com3 branch...

wozzer, great ROM!

any chance you can cab fm radio to work with your rom 23053?

i tried one from lioryte and got message missing components. I tried pandora and wunderadio but i'm running gprs 1 minute auto disconnect so it kills connection - trying to save batter life.

thanks in advance

Hey Wozzer! Sand dunes in a wrangler sounds fun.... Anyway, any ideas on that file I sent you regarding my problem with doing a build with your kitchen? Seems others are having the same issue... I gotta believe we are missing something somewhere.

As someone else mentioned: Do I need to also download the Verizon original OEM from the first thread?

/Tom

''initflashfiles.dat' does not exist in the specified paths!'...

I'm guessing you need initflashfiles.dat, which is in OEM_Lang_0409

Ok, where is this file located, and where do I place it once I have it? Is this part of the OEM?