Ultralite 23088/23506, MegAmnia 21872 and Kitchen(28008/23511/23091/21874).

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest tony_anthony_ramirez
what all have you done so far? have you downloaded a build (23053, 23412, etc.) and extracted the folders to the right places?

yeah i have downloaded them and extracted them to the folder like it says in the post...i just dont know how to create the rom/.bin file...please some advice or the steps to create the rom/.bin file....

thanks in advance... :-D

Edited by tony_anthony_ramirez

The answer to your question is in the quote you made.

Ah-ha! So we DO need the Stock Verizon OEM file, right? I think that is what is confusing... It says on the first page 'For those who want it...' and since I wanted to build a 23053 ROM, I figured I didn't need the stock OEM ROM.

So if I download the stock OEM ROM, exactly where in the kitchen do I place the files? I assume some I don't need (since they are the extra Verizon 'junk' we don't use on these ROMs) but I assume there are critical files we need to get off there in order to compile for an Omnia i910.

Thanks, BW.

/Chimp

Ok, next question: I've downloaded a number of OEM files for additional components (Opera Mobile, etc). These appear to be .zip files for the most part. How are these 'added' to the ROM? Does one just put the zip file itself in the OEM folder in the kitchen? Or what?

Sorry, just trying to figure this out so I can use the kitchen to make myself a custom ROM. :)

Thx!

/Chimp

Guest WoZZeR999

I feel like a broken record...

There are plenty of cooking guides out there. Read them.

I will provide some support for people who have questions about the Kitchen, not about the cooking process.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest WoZZeR999

I got a working Patched M2D v2.0 exe! :). I might make a HTC Omnia rom, from the mega. It might take a few days to figure everything out though. Maybe it will be called the Megamnia

Edited by WoZZeR999

I got a working Patched M2D v2.0 exe! :) . I might make a HTC Omnia rom, from the mega. It might take a few days to figure everything out though. Maybe it will be called the Megamnia

That sounds studly...

I feel like a broken record...

There are plenty of cooking guides out there. Read them.

I will provide some support for people who have questions about the Kitchen, not about the cooking process.

WoZZer: I understand what you are saying... I have cooked and used kitchens before, but these were for the TITAN, not the Omnia. Things are a little different here and with your kitchen, hence the questions. I have looked at cooking guides out there, specifically Bgill's - however his is very sparse and doesn't go into a lot of details. Can you recommend a more detailed guide that (1) is geared toward the Omnia, and (2) relates somewhat to your kitchen (i.e. doesn't have to reference it specifically, but the guidelines given can be directly applied to your kitchen)?

Anyway, I figured out the issue with compiling/cooking: I had to copy the OEM_LANG_409 and OEM_DPI_96 into the OEM folder and I then successfully created a ROM (haven't tried it yet though). However I am still getting a 'Could not find a compression signature' as below:

Running Platform Rebuilder on 23053

Fixing file attributes

Creating rom using LZX compression

OS ROM Partition Tool V1.59 By Weisun :> PDAclan.com

Sector size : 0x00000800

Extra data bytes : 0x00000000

OS IMAGE found.

Partitions infomation:

Part-0 type: BOOT SECTION image

Part-1 type: XIP RAM Image

Part-2 type: IMGFS file system

Can not find compression signature.

Part-2 inserting...

Part-2 is an IMGFS Partition...

Successfully inserted temp\imgfs.new into os.nb.NEW

OS ROM Partition Tool V1.59 By Weisun :> PDAclan.com

Sector size : 0x00000800

Extra data bytes : 0x00000000

OS IMAGE found.

Partitions infomation:

Is this normal when using LZX compression?

And then I will ask this of anyone: Do we need the OEM drivers from the base library added into the kitchen? I assume these are 6.1 drivers and I don't know if I need all of them or only specific ones - I hate to overwrite a 6.5 driver with a 6.1 driver.

Thanks! I'm almost there....

/Chimp

Guest xenspidey
Is this normal when using LZX compression?

And then I will ask this of anyone: Do we need the OEM drivers from the base library added into the kitchen? I assume these are 6.1 drivers and I don't know if I need all of them or only specific ones - I hate to overwrite a 6.5 driver with a 6.1 driver.

Thanks! I'm almost there....

/Chimp

I've always had the compression signature error but i have no problems with my ROMS...

under your OEM folder (typical ROM) should have OEM_DPI_96, OEM_Lang_0409, OEMApps, OEMDrivers, OEMMisc.

none of those should be in the base of your kitchen.

I've always had the compression signature error but i have no problems with my ROMS...

under your OEM folder (typical ROM) should have OEM_DPI_96, OEM_Lang_0409, OEMApps, OEMDrivers, OEMMisc.

none of those should be in the base of your kitchen.

Ok, I included both the OEMDrivers and the OEMMisc. I put an empty OEMApps in there because (1) I don't want all the OEM Verizon apps such as VZNavigator, etc; and (2) I've read that if you include all the OEM apps the ROM is too big and it won't work.

I assume I can just copy files that I want from OEMApps into the kitchen OEMApps and it will install those. I can then pick and choose.

/Chimp

Guest xenspidey
Ok, I included both the OEMDrivers and the OEMMisc. I put an empty OEMApps in there because (1) I don't want all the OEM Verizon apps such as VZNavigator, etc; and (2) I've read that if you include all the OEM apps the ROM is too big and it won't work.

I assume I can just copy files that I want from OEMApps into the kitchen OEMApps and it will install those. I can then pick and choose.

/Chimp

no it coincides with what's in the initflashes.dat in the OEM_Lang_0409 folder. If you want an already stripped down version you can use the one from Adryn's kitchen Here. it's the 23008 kitchen that has the stripped down OEM... he has a good tutorial on there too for the BuildOS style kitchen.

Guest xenspidey

WoZZeR999 - I know that this kitchen supports EXT packages but i can't find any info on them. Do you know of any resources on the making of them, how they work and so forth?

i saw that ervius has some tools but i couldn't find any documentation. 

no it coincides with what's in the initflashes.dat in the OEM_Lang_0409 folder. If you want an already stripped down version you can use the one from Adryn's kitchen Here. it's the 23008 kitchen that has the stripped down OEM... he has a good tutorial on there too for the BuildOS style kitchen.

Spidey, thanks, I think I am finally understanding how this works (a bit, anyway). So it is the initflashes.dat file that controls 'what' is built into the build, correct? So if we want to remove something (like VZW Navigator) we edit that file; also, if we want to add an additional OEM (such as Facebook) we copy the additional OEM folder to the kitchen OEM folder, and then modify the initflashes.dat file to include the new OEM (such as Facebook). And it doesn't matter what is in the kitchen OEM folder - if it isn't in the initflashes.dat it doesn't get included. Correct?

Is there a GUI (or editor) anywhere for editing initflashes.dat? Or is it done raw via notepad or notepad++?

/Chimp

Spidey, thanks, I think I am finally understanding how this works (a bit, anyway). So it is the initflashes.dat file that controls 'what' is built into the build, correct? So if we want to remove something (like VZW Navigator) we edit that file; also, if we want to add an additional OEM (such as Facebook) we copy the additional OEM folder to the kitchen OEM folder, and then modify the initflashes.dat file to include the new OEM (such as Facebook). And it doesn't matter what is in the kitchen OEM folder - if it isn't in the initflashes.dat it doesn't get included. Correct?

Is there a GUI (or editor) anywhere for editing initflashes.dat? Or is it done raw via notepad or notepad++?

/Chimp

99% of oems that you make have a initflashfile already that gets added to the rom so no need to add it to your one in OEM Lang!

99% of oems that you make have a initflashfile already that gets added to the rom so no need to add it to your one in OEM Lang!

Bgill, I'm using the one from Wozzer's stock OEM folder, but of course I do have to go in there and remove (comment out) the stuff I don't want, like navigator... I do see that if I just put the facebook OEM folder into the kitchen OEM folder then it is included (as per the build log). I'm still a little fuzzy on including the whole OEM_APPS folder from the stock ROM into the kitchen OEM folder (and why that doesn't include all the apps and stuff from that folder) but I will figure it out.

I guess I will have to flash one of 'my' ROMs to see if it works or not. I wish there was an emulator that could be 'flashed' on the PC - I have your 23053 ROM running well on my Omnia and I hate to mess it up! :)

/Chimp

Guest WoZZeR999

The stock oem folder is there to be used as a base.

There's lots of things that 'work' when creating roms, but there are only a few 'correct' ways of doing things. You'll want to selete the file itself, any refrence to it in the RGU, delete any line from the initflashfiles.dat, then fix the DSM with one of the many DSM tools. That is the proper way to delete stuff from the rom.

Bubble breaker works fine, playing it right now. M$ removed it in recent SYS builds.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Normally RS is really fast for me... I've got it downloaded, but I'm reading about problems with 420. I may wait to see what the fix is.

I can't wait so I"m building it and I'll see how it goes :)