Ultralite 23088/23506, MegAmnia 21872 and Kitchen(28008/23511/23091/21874).

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest WoZZeR999

I'm not sure, but it may just be a feature so that the clock flips (you get to see the fancy animation). It's an hour and 2 minutes for me too (how many times did you unlock before noticing it, I just noticed it now).

This again is a ultra lite rom, and I tried to get as much of the mega package that would run. I can look into trying to get some other stuff non-htc patched now that I see a source that I can compare. There are a few other things from the mega package I would like to get into the rom, but that will have to wait until next week/weekend.

Guest amprof

Have downloaded MegAmnia ROM. Results so far:

1. Weather on clock did not work after flash. Had to install the CDMA Home Weather patch / mortscript. It is working now.

2. On a related note the Location Services screen was dimmed out and inactive until AFTER I ran the home weather patch. It works now.

3. Internet tab would not launch browser until I installed Opera and used M2DC to point to the Opera path. Works now, but VERY slowly compared to previously. Memory seems to be an issue now too. With just one tab open, Opera will tell me it's out of memory.

4. Internet tab does not launch YouTube. Have not installed that separately yet.

5. Photos and Video will not display the thumbnail images. I've launched the album, located my pictures and selected that as my favorite album. I get the dialog that says that directory is now my favorite, but when I return to TF, I get a generic camera icon and a message that reads no photo available, press to launch camera.

6. Map Search doesn't work and if I try to launch Google Maps manually I get a message saying it can't be opened because it is not signed with trusted cert or one of it's components can't be found.

That covers what I've found so far. Most of the big stuff is working. Any input on these issues is appreciated.

Also, I noticed on XDA that there are HTC cabs for Facebook, YouTube and Opera Browser. Does anyone know if there is anything special about these? Do I need them, or are they not formatted for the Omnia screen? Obviously I can download them elsewhere.

[uPDATE] I've installed Opera Mobile 9 beta. In the Program Files > Opera Mobile folder there are two .exe's. (opera9-ml) and OperaL. If I point M2DC to the opera9-ml exe, it is very sluggish. However if I point to the OperaL exe, it runs much better.

Edited by amprof

Guest jqc123
I'm not sure, but it may just be a feature so that the clock flips (you get to see the fancy animation). It's an hour and 2 minutes for me too (how many times did you unlock before noticing it, I just noticed it now).

This again is a ultra lite rom, and I tried to get as much of the mega package that would run. I can look into trying to get some other stuff non-htc patched now that I see a source that I can compare. There are a few other things from the mega package I would like to get into the rom, but that will have to wait until next week/weekend.

I do not recall how many times I unlocked before noticing the time difference, but everything else seems to be great especially for this being an ultra-lite rom as you mentioned.

Very nice work for V1 release! I will be watching the boards for more WoZZeR "mega excitement" next week.

Enjoy your fun in the sun :) this weekend!

Guest WoZZeR999

That weather patch broke you home weather BTW. It's a patch so that uses the weather tab data, instead of the aGPS data. If it was supposed to work that way, I would have included it.

The youtube is HTC youtube app, which I don't care for, and facebook is the M$ app.

Guest amprof
That weather patch broke you home weather BTW. It's a patch so that uses the weather tab data, instead of the aGPS data. If it was supposed to work that way, I would have included it.

The youtube is HTC youtube app, which I don't care for, and facebook is the M$ app.

So what suggestions do you have for getting home weather working without the patch? Any thoughts on the photo album not showing thumbnails? I didn't do a hard reset prior to installing your ROM. Do you think that might make a difference? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Also, I find it curious that the location services didn't work until after I applied the weather patch as well. Any thoughts on that? Clearly I'm in over my head. I just want this to work. Willing to try some things, but need the help of someone with more knowledge and experience than I bring to the table.

Edited by amprof

Guest WoZZeR999

All the weather patch is, is a mort script. You may have to reset your device after first boot to get it working. I always recommend a full hard reset (one from settings menu) when doing a major rom change (Different cook, lite to M2D, that sort of thing)

Guest thesoulsniper

Love the new m2d but is it me or is battery life horrible on this rom? Browsed the web for maybe 10 mins and battery was down to 75%. Got home and it was giving me the extrmely low battery warning. Also i used cleartemp to remove startup programs and restarted, memory was 48% versus 78%?

Edited by thesoulsniper

Guest WoZZeR999

M2D has lots of programs that run in the background, so it probably drains the battery a little quicker. That seems a little too quick though.

Guest thesoulsniper
M2D has lots of programs that run in the background, so it probably drains the battery a little quicker. That seems a little too quick though.

Thats what i was thinking. But when after i used cleartemp, m2d was much more responsive and the phone as a whole was alot more responsive.

Guest punksux

Concerning the Kitchen-

Is there a way to have my pim.vol installed to the \ folder so I don't have to use PIMBackup after I flash?

Here is what I put in the initflashfiles.txt file.

Directory("\"):-Directory("\")
Directory("\"):-File("pim.vol","\windows\pim.vol")[/codebox]

That didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest amprof

Looks like it's back to the previous M2D version for me.

I just reinstalled the CF03 on my i910 to provide a clean base for the MegAmnia ROM. With the new CF03 and a fresh load of MegAmnia, the home clock weather now works, but the album still doesn't show thumbnails and the camera doesn't work. When I try to start the camera I get Camera application terminates due to absence of camera module. In addition Google Maps still doesn't work.

There's no doubt that the new M2D is beautiful. But I need it to be more stable and functional before I can consider it full time on my phone.

I'll keep an eye on this forum to see how it develops. Thanks everyone for your help. Wozzer and Sector in particular thanks for even making this possible on our Omnia's. I have great hopes for the future.

Guest TheDrizzle
Looks like it's back to the previous M2D version for me.

I just reinstalled the CF03 on my i910 to provide a clean base for the MegAmnia ROM. With the new CF03 and a fresh load of MegAmnia, the home clock weather now works, but the album still doesn't show thumbnails and the camera doesn't work. When I try to start the camera I get Camera application terminates due to absence of camera module. In addition Google Maps still doesn't work.

There's no doubt that the new M2D is beautiful. But I need it to be more stable and functional before I can consider it full time on my phone.

I'll keep an eye on this forum to see how it develops. Thanks everyone for your help. Wozzer and Sector in particular thanks for even making this possible on our Omnia's. I have great hopes for the future.

Isn't the Camera issue linked to the XT9 feature of the HTC Keyboard? I thought there was a workaround to disable XT9 on that SIP and it would fix the camera.

EDIT: Decided to take the plunge tonight and flash. I still cannot get the camera working. I tried a few reg hacks in here and I still get that same issue (error about "camera module not found"). Other then that though, it's like having a new phone for free! The new TF build is neato! Those with Google Map issues, I had an install of Google Maps on my storage card from before. If I run that exe it works fine. If I run the exe cooked in, I get the "not signed" error. So I think just re-install Gmaps to your storage card and it will at least work again. Might take some trickery to get the map tab to work though. (VJBrisk?)

Just wondering, can I install FTouchSL to kill the Samsung scrolling, or will that do "bad things"?

Edited by TheDrizzle

Guest eclsnowman
sorry but where cna i get this keyboard from?

thanks for any help

Needs to be cooked into the rom. No cabs for it. Load Wozzer or MrCapcoms roms... they are already in there. But please note to buttons are small. After a lot of playing around I always go back to finger keyboard. There is a layout mod for finger keyboard that makes it perfect.

post-470535-1246199047_thumb.jpgFingerKeyboard#pad.jpg

Needs to be cooked into the rom. No cabs for it. Load Wozzer or MrCapcoms roms... they are already in there. But please note to buttons are small. After a lot of playing around I always go back to finger keyboard. There is a layout mod for finger keyboard that makes it perfect.

post-470535-1246199047_thumb.jpgFingerKeyboard#pad.jpg

thanks for the reply man, yeah thats what im using right now, the keybpard looks quite finger friendly, its a shame none of the i900 roms have it included,, ;/ :)

Guest TheDrizzle

Somehow trying to fix the camera I broke all my hard keys... only thing that does anything is the power button on the top. I was messing with that ET9ime.dll entry. I thought I changed it all back though. Any advice would be great! Not sure if this is related to the camera problem.

EDIT: Decided to HR. Keys working ok. Camera is working too now... I did have TouchPal in my XDAUC, which set it as my default sip. I wonder if I never select the HTC Keyboard, if the camera will continue to work? And FTouchSL installed fine and fixed the scrolling. I'm a happy camper!!

Thanks again WoZ! (And sector!)

Edited by TheDrizzle

Guest dmcnado

I've finally, after many tries, successfully cooked & flashed several roms using Wozzer's kitchen (Yay). I'm currently using the 23060 build. Question: how do I add in the XDA-UC? Does anyone have an OEM for it or know where I can find it? Thanks.

Guest xenspidey
Somehow trying to fix the camera I broke all my hard keys... only thing that does anything is the power button on the top. I was messing with that ET9ime.dll entry. I thought I changed it all back though. Any advice would be great! Not sure if this is related to the camera problem.

EDIT: Decided to HR. Keys working ok. Camera is working too now... I did have TouchPal in my XDAUC, which set it as my default sip. I wonder if I never select the HTC Keyboard, if the camera will continue to work? And FTouchSL installed fine and fixed the scrolling. I'm a happy camper!!

Thanks again WoZ! (And sector!)

Good find!!! i just installed TouchPal and as long as it is selected the camera buttons work... when HTC keyboard is selected the buttons do not work. I'll try to write a loader tonight that will disable the sip when loading the camera and reset the sip on close.

Guest mcperson

the MegAmnia is sweet and almost works right but I heard installing the new m2d separately with all the files its working a little better. BTW im finally starting to like my phone a lot! I almost even thought about ditching it and doing something new but once the new m2d is completely stable with everything working right it's gonna be awesome. The HTC keyboard is awesome with the layout with 3 keys per button and XT9(i can type extremely fast) but the camera doesn't work with HTC keyboard. The Pictures don't work for the thumbnails. T Its overall kinda glitchy for me. The phone takes a long time to get into m2d when restarted. Google maps also doesn't work and I can't get weather to work for some reason. The Location Service Setting looks awesome!!!!!(if it worked) ONCE THIS ROM IS STABLE AND WORKING RIGHT THERE WOULD BE NO REASON TO USE ANOTHER ROM BECAUSE THIS IS THE s***. sorry guys i just wanna keep rambling about this. HEY WOZZER!! you should try to get the dialer from the omnia2 completely stable and cook it up man.